Preparations for Martial Law?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Preparations for Martial Law?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:49 am

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I said quite some time back that people are being hived off into factions and remainers v leavers could become ugly.
Once we start sinking into the chaos I wondered whether people might start turning on each other but we haven't even arrived at the chaos and it has begun.
The party of business has divided this country on a scale I've never seen before and it's looking quite dangerous when violence is already appearing and being threatened and we have martial law close at hand.
No it won't all die down once it's over because it isn't going to be over.
Remember too the rest of Europe will be wiping their arses as normal as we grow dock leaf paches in the garden.
The rest of Europe won't be paying through the nose for shortages of this that and everything else.
I suspect many people have become deranged over this issue.

You should work for the press with your sensationalist opinions.

For example, preparing and/or stockpiling for an event doesn't necessarily mean the said event is going to happen.

Why not wait and see what actually happens rather than predicting what might happen.

JR .... They have activated Operation Redfold' - Foreign affairs editor, reveals that the armed forces have activated a team in a nuclear bunker to step up preparations for a no-deal.

They have activated ... doesn't make me sensationalist.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:58 am

Holly wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I said quite some time back that people are being hived off into factions and remainers v leavers could become ugly.
Once we start sinking into the chaos I wondered whether people might start turning on each other but we haven't even arrived at the chaos and it has begun.
The party of business has divided this country on a scale I've never seen before and it's looking quite dangerous when violence is already appearing and being threatened and we have martial law close at hand.
Remember too the rest of Europe will be wiping their arses as normal as we grow dock leaf paches in the garden.
The rest of Europe won't be paying through the nose for shortages of this that and everything else.

For example, preparing and/or stockpiling for an event doesn't necessarily mean the said event is going to happen.

Why not wait and see what actually happens rather than predicting what might happen.

If you wait it might be too late, think about it. Better safe than sorry.
In NZ everyone has a big stash of canned food , water and other necessities in case of a big earthquake and if we never need it, yippee!!! ...but I rather have it and not need it than not have it and be stuck.

It's a good idea to have some spare food at any time. However, I was talking more about the people/media that are predicting martial law, mass riots, the UK becoming a third world country, businesses collapsing left, right and centre and all the other 'scaremongering' stories that have been bandied about.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:06 am

jra wrote:
Holly wrote:
jra wrote:

In NZ everyone has a big stash of canned food , water and other necessities in case of a big earthquake and if we never need it, yippee!!! ...but I rather have it and not need it than not have it and be stuck.

It's a good idea to have some spare food at any time. However, I was talking more about the people/media that are predicting martial law, mass riots, the UK becoming a third world country, businesses collapsing left, right and centre and all the other 'scaremongering' stories that have been bandied about.

How can people discuss and plan without looking at all the possibilities?
There are plenty around telling us it's all going to be wonderful but lets all admit those are becoming fewer by the moment.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:12 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

JR .... They have activated Operation Redfold' - Foreign affairs editor, reveals that the armed forces have activated a team in a nuclear bunker to step up preparations for a no-deal.

Well, it kinda does, as most likely they won't be needed other than to supervise imports/exports into and out of the UK.

The move is believed to be in response to fears of major backlogs, involving lorries and goods at ports such as Dover, if there is no longer frictionless trade with EU nations.

https://www.forces.net/brexit/ministry- ... eal-brexit

This is contingency planning, just in case.
jra

Postby Holly » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:13 am

jra wrote:
Holly wrote:
jra wrote:

You were talking about stockpiling

jra wrote
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:14 am

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

Well, it kinda does, as most likely they won't be needed other than to supervise imports/exports into and out of the UK.

The move is believed to be in response to fears of major backlogs, involving lorries and goods at ports such as Dover, if there is no longer frictionless trade with EU nations.

https://www.forces.net/brexit/ministry- ... eal-brexit

This is contingency planning, just in case.

Yes I know .... :dunno:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:15 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Holly wrote:
jra wrote:

There are plenty around telling us it's all going to be wonderful but lets all admit those are becoming fewer by the moment.

Simply because a lot of the possibilities are very unlikely to arise. It's almost like you want the whole of the UK to self destruct, just so you can say I was right.
jra

Postby jra » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:29 am

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:Redfold and Yellowhammer, how colourful.

Sounds like birds names

The latter is, the former isn't AFAIK. There is a bird called a redwing, which like the (common) blackbird is a member of the thrush family.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:33 am

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Holly wrote:
jra wrote:

Simply because a lot of the possibilities are very unlikely to arise. It's almost like you want the whole of the UK to self destruct, just so you can say I was right.

You're not right in the head.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:42 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Holly wrote:

You were saying. Hmmm.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=55272&p=1637663&sid=1e50ccce0e3f1f983a51df056f415149#p1637656

I'd rethink that one on your part.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:15 pm

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:It's a good idea to have some spare food at any time. However, I was talking more about the people/media that are predicting martial law, mass riots, the UK becoming a third world country, businesses collapsing left, right and centre and all the other 'scaremongering' stories that have been bandied about.

You were saying. Hmmm.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=55272&p=1637663&sid=1e50ccce0e3f1f983a51df056f415149#p1637656

Yes I'm fairly consistent that's for sure.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:50 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:How can people discuss and plan without looking at all the possibilities?

You were saying. Hmmm.

Yes I'm fairly consistent that's for sure.

For ranting and asking whether somebody could come down and shoot me and you are saying I'm not right in the head.
jra

Postby Cleopatra » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Sainsbury's were out of 1 litre bottles of olive oil today!

IT'S STARTING!
Cleopatra

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:09 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Cupboards are full and slow withdrawal from opiates under way.

You said you'd already started this a while ago?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:23 pm

As an outsider, who has been reading threads such as this one. I would always smile at the remainers here calling the leavers silly schoolyard names like gammon. Or find it funny when people had milkshakes thrown over them and gloating about.
It's abit like the antifa gang who love to show up mob handed and run riot. But cry like babies when they take a hiding.
If it takes to the streets seriously, I know who I'll be putting a wager on to win, and it won't be the sjw lefties.
You push someone to often, don't be surprised when they snap and push back

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms