A right load of bollocks...

Re: People's Vote March

Postby Stooo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:19 pm

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Frankly » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:59 pm

Guest wrote:
Frankly wrote:Margaret Beckett should be the leader of the Labour party. Her speech yesterday was outstanding.

Her expenses scam was even more of a doozy. Her second home was a flat in London owned by fellow Labour MP Gillian Merron and she claimed rent for it. Meanwhile Merron's second home was Beckett's flat in London and she claimed rent for that. I'm just glad such japes and capers are in no way shape or form a hindrance to being made a dame, that would just be churlish - it's only public money, after all.

I actually agree, that whole debacle and reaction from some was diabolical. Haven't they all been at it though? I think we'd be hard pushed to find someone with her capability that hasn't.
Frankly

Postby Stooo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:13 pm

Frankly wrote:
Guest wrote:
Frankly wrote:Margaret Beckett should be the leader of the Labour party. Her speech yesterday was outstanding.

Her expenses scam was even more of a doozy. Her second home was a flat in London owned by fellow Labour MP Gillian Merron and she claimed rent for it. Meanwhile Merron's second home was Beckett's flat in London and she claimed rent for that. I'm just glad such japes and capers are in no way shape or form a hindrance to being made a dame, that would just be churlish - it's only public money, after all.

I actually agree, that whole debacle and reaction from some was diabolical. Haven't they all been at it though? I think we'd be hard pushed to find someone with her capability that hasn't.

I've got one! My ex local MP Adrian Saunders who retired from politics today. No fraudulent expenses and the head of several government committees, the quiet force behind the coalition. I'm proud to call him a friend.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Frankly » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:37 pm

Stooo wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Guest wrote:

I've got one! My ex local MP Adrian Saunders who retired from politics today. No fraudulent expenses and the head of several government committees, the quiet force behind the coalition. I'm proud to call him a friend.

:thumbsup: That's really good, and obviously there will be more like him too.

What a shame he's retiring though.
Frankly

Postby Stooo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:41 pm

Frankly wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Guest wrote:

It is, but he deserves it. He can rant at the telly and turn up at meetings on the sly though :leer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:43 pm

Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:I'd love to know which of Corbyn's pledges he's broken/ballsed up given that he's never been in a position to implement them :roll:

I didn't say he has ballsed-up in the implementation of his pledges. I'm referring to his having to dial down and back-pedal on pledges he's clearly too incompetent or indifferent to deliver, should he ever be allowed to park his bike outside Number 10. I could elaborate but, as I said, I'm not here to bedazzle you.

Just as well, because you're not even close to bedazzling me. Your inability to provide a single example to back up the shite you're claiming is noted.

As for Pob, every single point he makes in that video has been debunked - sorry :smilin:

Cool - because I'm not in the mood to play link bingo with you :smilin:

But I would like to ask you, if I may: How do you think he's been handling Brexit, in the face of May & the Torys' shambolic performance to date?

I'd give him a 6/10, and if you think that's being generous you could score 5 just by sitting back, doing nothing and letting May blunder around from one fuck-up to the next. I'll give him a point for at least being consistent in wanting a customs union and for whipping his MPs to vote in accordance with Labour's policy of wanting a 2nd referendum even though he clearly doesn't want one. He should have tried to get a cross-party consensus on an alternative to May's deal instead of trying to push Labour's which was clearly never going to work, but then after the indicative votes last night I suspect he probably would have been on a hiding to nothing anyway.

Postby Frankly » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:51 pm

Stooo wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Guest wrote:Her expenses scam was even more of a doozy. Her second home was a flat in London owned by fellow Labour MP Gillian Merron and she claimed rent for it. Meanwhile Merron's second home was Beckett's flat in London and she claimed rent for that. I'm just glad such japes and capers are in no way shape or form a hindrance to being made a dame, that would just be churlish - it's only public money, after all.

It is, but he deserves it. He can rant at the telly and turn up at meetings on the sly though :leer:

:mrgreen: With none of the pressure.

It must be a hard job to do if you have a conscience and the powers that be aren't listening to you.
Frankly

Postby Stooo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:56 pm

Frankly wrote:
:mrgreen: With none of the pressure.

It must be a hard job to do if you have a conscience and the powers that be aren't listening to you.

He's left official politics :wink: :laughing:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:06 pm

I was listening to James O'Brian this morning and he was going on about Moggs plummy accent and his expensive education at Eton.
But he has a bit of a plummy voice himself, and he never shuts up about his posh school and how they only played Rugger because football was for plebs. And his listeners lap it up :pmsl:

Postby Stooo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:14 pm

Guest wrote:I was listening to James O'Brian this morning and he was going on about Moggs plummy accent and his expensive education at Eton.
But he has a bit of a plummy voice himself, and he never shuts up about his posh school and how they only played Rugger because football was for plebs. And his listeners lap it up :pmsl:

Yeah, that Kidderminster twang is such a bastard. I listened too, how about attacking the content?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:31 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:I was listening to James O'Brian this morning and he was going on about Moggs plummy accent and his expensive education at Eton.

Yeah, that Kidderminster twang is such a bastard. I listened too, how about attacking the content?

What content? All I get from him is that he thinks he far superior than the plebs that listen to him. I've been listening for a week and tbh, I'm bored hearing how great he thinks he is. I came away thinking his attitude is he's alright his life won't be affected by Brexit, but he gets his jollies winding up the 50 year old gammons on the left. :thumbsup:
he throws out words like gammons and unicorns and the next thing you see them all over the net spread by good little robots who can't think for themselves.
I'm surprised tbh that you haven't pulled up any of the lazy bastards on here not making any effort other than trolling on here.
It's not like they are even going to convert the 5 leavers you have on here with their trolling. In fact it will make them double down on their leave vote if there ever was another vote

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:30 pm

I can't decide which is Margaret Beckett's greatest crime, her shameful expenses fiddling or her butchering of House of the Rising Sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGrmwjX8Hvg

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:02 pm

phpBB [video]
video

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Postby Frankly » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:11 pm

Guest wrote:

I can't decide which is Margaret Beckett's greatest crime, her shameful expenses fiddling or her butchering of House of the Rising Sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGrmwjX8Hvg

:ooer: WTH? What was all that about?
Frankly

Postby Cobs » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:28 pm

A valliant effort by May but it looks like MV 2.5 is toast.
Cobs

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms