People's Vote March

A right load of bollocks...

Re: People's Vote March

Postby Fletch » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Vam wrote:
McHenry wrote:Or a revised deal following an extension.

Still got hard Brexit on the table too - though unlikely.

Who's going to negotiate a revised deal? :ooer:

In all honesty, after 3 years, it wouldn't be a surprise for the EU to just say go with no deal.

Would they want another 3 years worth of MP's voting things down?
Fletch

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Fletch wrote:
McHenry wrote:
Fletch wrote:I thought the extensions were only permitted by EU if May's deal went through?

Why would more extensions be granted without a major change, and this elected lot won't change. :dunno:

The major change could be Brexit with customs union or to allow for a further referendum - or whatever may be decided on Monday.

If the EU are feeling generous they may even allow an extension to accommodate a GE.

They have both been ruled out on the indicative vote. Numbers against likely to be higher now May's deal is dead.

No, by virtue of the fact the they were indicative they remain as options either for government or parliament, Speaker permitting.
McAz

Postby Vam » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:31 pm

A talking head on Sky News, who seems to be quite knowledgeable, is saying there are only 3 ways this mess could now be resolved... Withdrawal Agreement, or No Deal, or No Brexit.

As things stand, it's hard to disagree with that.
Last edited by Vam on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vam

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:31 pm

McAz

Postby Fletch » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:35 pm

McHenry wrote:
Fletch wrote:
McHenry wrote:
Fletch wrote:I thought the extensions were only permitted by EU if May's deal went through?

Why would more extensions be granted without a major change, and this elected lot won't change. :dunno:

The major change could be Brexit with customs union or to allow for a further referendum - or whatever may be decided on Monday.

If the EU are feeling generous they may even allow an extension to accommodate a GE.

They have both been ruled out on the indicative vote. Numbers against likely to be higher now May's deal is dead.

No, by virtue of the fact the they were indicative they remain as options either for government or parliament, Speaker permitting.

No way they will get voted for now there is a whiff of an election in the air.

Bye tiggers :Hiya: :gigglesnshit:
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:37 pm

Vam wrote:A talking head on Sky News, who seems to be quite knowledgeable, is saying there are only 3 ways this mess could now be resolved... Withdrawal Agreement, or No Deal, or No Brexit.

They are assuming all the decisions are ours, they're not. The EU might just say, you've had 3 years and all the talks you'll ever get so extension cancelled due to deal not going through and go tonight.

Could anyone blame them if they did? :dunno:
Fletch

Postby Vam » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:43 pm

Fletch wrote:
Vam wrote:A talking head on Sky News, who seems to be quite knowledgeable, is saying there are only 3 ways this mess could now be resolved... Withdrawal Agreement, or No Deal, or No Brexit.

They are assuming all the decisions are ours, they're not. The EU might just say, you've had 3 years and all the talks you'll ever get so extension cancelled due to deal not going through and go tonight.

Could anyone blame them if they did? :dunno:

Well, no.

I'm wondering if how this whole debacle is playing out will make other Leave-inclined member States (like Italy) rethink their position.
Vam

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:48 pm

EU Statement (15 minutes ago).

"As per the European Council (Article 50) decision on 22 March, the period provided for in Article 50(3) is extended to 12 April.

"It will be for the UK to indicate the way forward before that date, for consideration by the European Council.

"A 'no-deal' scenario on 12 April is now a likely scenario. The EU has been preparing for this since December 2017 and is now fully prepared for a 'no-deal' scenario at midnight on 12 April. The EU will remain united.

"The benefits of the Withdrawal Agreement, including a transition period, will in no circumstances be replicated in a 'no-deal' scenario. Sectoral mini-deals are not an option."

Spam and beans for dinner for the foreseeable future. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Fletch » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:54 pm

Must be 10 million leavers on the streets in London today. :yikes:
Fletch

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:59 pm

Fletch wrote:Must be 10 million leavers on the streets in London today. :yikes:

:pmsl:
McAz

Postby Frankly » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:02 pm

To me it seems impossible for them to agree a deal, any sort of deal. Therefore, all that should be voted for now is No Deal, or revoke Article 50.
Frankly

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:08 pm

Yet there were only 1 million remoaners, speaks for itself.

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:I was listening to James O'Brian this morning and he was going on about Moggs plummy accent and his expensive education at Eton.
But he has a bit of a plummy voice himself, and he never shuts up about his posh school and how they only played Rugger because football was for plebs. And his listeners lap it up :pmsl:

Yeah, that Kidderminster twang is such a bastard. I listened too, how about attacking the content?

What content? All I get from him is that he thinks he far superior than the plebs that listen to him. I've been listening for a week and tbh, I'm bored hearing how great he thinks he is. I came away thinking his attitude is he's alright his life won't be affected by Brexit, but he gets his jollies winding up the 50 year old gammons on the left. :thumbsup:
he throws out words like gammons and unicorns and the next thing you see them all over the net spread by good little robots who can't think for themselves.
I'm surprised tbh that you haven't pulled up any of the lazy bastards on here not making any effort other than trolling on here.
It's not like they are even going to convert the 5 leavers you have on here with their trolling. In fact it will make them double down on their leave vote if there ever was another vote

I called into Mystery Hour a couple of weeks ago and he put me right at ease, a really easy bloke to talk to.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:44 pm

Guest wrote:

Yet there were only 1 million remoaners, speaks for itself.

And the irony goes straight over your head, bless you.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:38 pm

:Wiiiine!:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms