Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby Dean » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:35 am

Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Middens wrote:So again 'but Dean' is the counter argument to this? No wonder the guy thinks he's superstar here!



it's just one or two obsessed guests who don't seem to grasp that he doesn't give a fuck, actually I think maybe they do, and that winds them up more

but yeah, a serious legal issue that affects women across the country and all we get here is 'but dean'




Can't it be argued that like Dean, the Husbands don't give a fuck about the wife's feelings when they want sex. If you think little of women that you would abuse them anonymously on a random forum. What makes you think they treat their spouse any different?
An Abuser/bully doesn't change because a victim is in front of them


Probably the worst post I’ve ever read on here...
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 39754
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby Uly » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:23 am

HobbitFeet wrote:English judge says man having sex with wife is 'fundamental human right'


sensible stance or rape apology?

I think it's a dangerous precedent to use words that equate the use of another person's body with a human right, it's an interesting case for sure with lots of elements, the innability to give consent, and the rights of a man to take that as consent - echoes of the too drunk to give consent argument

“I cannot think of any more obviously fundamental human right than the right of a man to have sex with his wife – and the right of the state to monitor that,” he said. “I think he is entitled to have it properly argued.”


https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/ap ... uman-right

I can see this causing ructions, and not without good reason


I think that the judge's comment has been completely misinterpreted. This is all over my facebook. I believe that what he was trying to say, was that it is a "man's fundamental human right to have sex with his wife without interference from the state" which is what may have to happen here. I honestly think that the judge was simply trying to illustrate the difficulty of making a decision which intervenes in a private and intimate element of most marriages, and was trying to show sympathy to the husband's plight in the context of his wife's deteriorating capacity.

I don't believe that he was intimating that a man has a right to have sex with his wife whether she consents to it or not.

That's just how I interpret what he was trying to say.
User avatar
Uly
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:33 am

I get what you are saying Uly, but the man himself said he would give an undertaking not to have sex with his wife yet the state did interfere, is the judge saying that the state has a right to interfere or not?

“I cannot think of any more obviously fundamental human right than the right of a man to have sex with his wife – and the right of the state to monitor that,” he said. “I think he is entitled to have it properly argued.”


that above seems to imply he advocates states interference

but my major concern is that the state does need to step in to protect the vulnerable, and no matter how well intentioned, that a judge has uttered words that clearly indicate a man has a fundamental right to have sex with his wife - that phrase sets a precedent that almost eradicates the right of a woman to claim rape within marriage, and you can guarantee that some arse will use it
User avatar
HobbitFeet
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby Uly » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:54 am

HobbitFeet wrote:I get what you are saying Uly, but the man himself said he would give an undertaking not to have sex with his wife yet the state did interfere, is the judge saying that the state has a right to interfere or not?

“I cannot think of any more obviously fundamental human right than the right of a man to have sex with his wife – and the right of the state to monitor that,” he said. “I think he is entitled to have it properly argued.”


that above seems to imply he advocates states interference

but my major concern is that the state does need to step in to protect the vulnerable, and no matter how well intentioned, that a judge has uttered words that clearly indicate a man has a fundamental right to have sex with his wife - that phrase sets a precedent that almost eradicates the right of a woman to claim rape within marriage, and you can guarantee that some arse will use it


Where the judge mentions "and the right of the state to monitor that" directly after his "human right" comment, I think that he is trying to illustrate the difficulty in the state having to intervene and intrude in such a private and delicate matter.

The "human" right that he mentions (not "legal" or "absolute" right as some commentators seem to think he said) is, to my mind, simply an observation of one of the fundamental elements that make up most marriages, at a basic level. I don't believe that the judge is advocating that a man has rights over his wife sexually, regardless of her feelings.

This is a pretty difficult and sad situation all round really. I wouldn't like to be the person making the ruling.
User avatar
Uly
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:07 am

By legal precedent I'm refering to citation used in a less savoury case in order to bolster the defence of rape within marriage

whichever way you look at it, his comment within a court of law is incredibly misjudged and could have far reaching consequences that were probably never his intention
User avatar
HobbitFeet
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby Uly » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:15 am

HobbitFeet wrote:By legal precedent I'm refering to citation used in a less savoury case in order to bolster the defence of rape within marriage

whichever way you look at it, his comment within a court of law is incredibly misjudged and could have far reaching consequences that were probably never his intention


Sorry, I wasn't referring to your comment re: legal right, rather a rebuttal in one article this morning which has made the claim that the judge said the man has a "legal right" and that isn't what he said.

His comment was perhaps clumsy and too open to misinterpretation, and predictably has caused widespread indignation. But I honestly don't think that he was suggesting what everybody seems to believe that he was suggesting.
User avatar
Uly
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby Meg » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:09 pm

Looking at his previous judgements I am giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one. It does appear that his comments have been taken out of context by the media imo.
User avatar
Meg
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:17 pm

Dean wrote:You sound like you need a good seeing to, love...

You wouldn't be the one to do it, dormouse dick :snooty:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby measurer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:54 pm

I'm more wondering how Social Services knew about this... but it isn't anyone's human right to force another to have sex - married or not, and thankfully precedent was set when husband's have been found guilty of non consensual sex with a spouse.
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13863
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby Uly » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:10 pm

measurer wrote:I'm more wondering how Social Services knew about this... but it isn't anyone's human right to force another to have sex - married or not, and thankfully precedent was set when husband's have been found guilty of non consensual sex with a spouse.


I don’t think that was what the judge was implying.
User avatar
Uly
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby measurer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:28 pm

Uly wrote:
measurer wrote:I'm more wondering how Social Services knew about this... but it isn't anyone's human right to force another to have sex - married or not, and thankfully precedent was set when husband's have been found guilty of non consensual sex with a spouse.


I don’t think that was what the judge was implying.


Where did I say it was? :again?:
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13863
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby banana chewits » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:11 pm

measurer wrote:I'm more wondering how Social Services knew about this... but it isn't anyone's human right to force another to have sex - married or not, and thankfully precedent was set when husband's have been found guilty of non consensual sex with a spouse.


the story i read said social services was already involved because of the lady's severe learning difficulties & they wanted to stop the couple having sex because her condition had deteriorated so they couldn't be sure she was consenting.
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 12:55 am

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby measurer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:18 pm

That's the thing though.........how do they know if they are having sex or not?
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13863
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby banana chewits » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:53 pm

measurer wrote:That's the thing though.........how do they know if they are having sex or not?


they might have asked the wife or the husband, or they might have just assumed & decided for themselves.
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 12:55 am

Re: Judge says man having sex with wife is a human right

Postby measurer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:58 pm

banana chewits wrote:
measurer wrote:That's the thing though.........how do they know if they are having sex or not?


they might have asked the wife or the husband, or they might have just assumed & decided for themselves.



Maybe it came out in the washing, so to speak?
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13863
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests