Political correctness

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Political correctness

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:43 am

xtras1 wrote:
Dean wrote:
xtras1 wrote:Dean.. not what I said silly arse :woteva:

You typed them... :dunno:

You know what you done & JJ isn't stupid!

That’s up for debate...
Dean

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:47 am

xtras1 wrote:

I don't see anyone creating personal drama. It's on topic .

Don't let your opinion of someone derail you. I know you have some issues with her/him but the point is there & it's valid.

I'd prefer it if you didn't make incorrect assumptions thanks.

I'm an Irish woman, a long time here, and I have less experience of the things she claims to in her 'young years'. Its bullshit and its unhelpful to genuine cases of discrimination.
Junglejayne

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:49 am

xtras1 wrote:
Dean wrote:

Don't worry about him, hes like the Bart Simpson of Dogs. :gigglesnshit:
Junglejayne

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:51 am

Junglejayne wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Don't let your opinion of someone derail you. I know you have some issues with her/him but the point is there & it's valid.

I'm an Irish woman, a long time here, and I have less experience of the things she claims to in her 'young years'. Its bullshit and its unhelpful to genuine cases of discrimination.

Sorry about that JJ

Well maybe you have been lucky then, but don't 'assume' when others have been at the receiving end as bullshit.
xtras1

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:52 am

xtras1 wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Sorry about that JJ

Well maybe you have been lucky then, but don't 'assume' when others have been at the receiving end as bullshit.

I've seen her attitude here - its not such a far stretch to 'know' that it gets peoples backs up. I'd say its lucky if words are the only reaction.
Junglejayne

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:53 am

Junglejayne wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Dean wrote:

Don't worry about him, hes like the Bart Simpson of Dogs. :gigglesnshit:

:pmsl:
xtras1

Postby McAz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:55 am

jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:what the fuck is non-pc about bastard???

it might have been 30 years ago when being a bastard still had a stigma attached, now it's just a generic insult

unless of course you STILL see beng a bastard as being something to be stigmatised about :roll:

It's a subjective, generation and cultural issue.

No it's not.
McAz

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:55 am

Niv doesn't get my back up.. nor anyone for that matter.
Real Life does that :mrgreen:
xtras1

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:28 am

I can't say that I've noticed much discrimination towards the Irish in recent years. Sure, there was some when the IRA were active on the mainland, but that was to be expected and was ages ago anyway.

I would say the opposite, and that the Irish and the English get along very well. Lot's of English enjoy the 'craic' with them, and St Paddy's Day seems a far bigger affair here than St Georges day.

People tend to use other people's nationalities as a prefix anyway (good and bad) as an identifier, ie 'You know, that Dutch guy' - so if you're Irish and living outside of Ireland, you will probably hear yourself being referred as that 'Irish..whatever', but I wouldn't say it was necessarily discriminatory or offensive though. When I've lived abroad, I was always referred to as an English something or the other, but I never took it as people meaning it in a prejudiced way.
Red Okktober

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:31 am

Red Okktober wrote:
When I've lived abroad, I was always referred to as an English something or the other....

Cunt? Wanker? Tosspot? Dickhead?
Dean

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:33 am

Dean wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
When I've lived abroad, I was always referred to as an English something or the other....

Cunt? Wanker? Tosspot? Dickhead?

More than likely, although the local words for it, not those exact ones.
Red Okktober

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:35 am

Red, you had a mini fit when gammon was mentioned. You wouldn’t last 2 seconds as a minority.
Lady Murasaki

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:35 am

Red Okktober wrote:I can't say that I've noticed much discrimination towards the Irish in recent years. Sure, there was some when the IRA were active on the mainland, but that was to be expected and was ages ago anyway.

I would say the opposite, and that the Irish and the English get along very well. Lot's of English enjoy the 'craic' with them, and St Paddy's Day seems a far bigger affair here than St Georges day.

People tend to use other people's nationalities as a prefix anyway (good and bad) as an identifier, ie 'You know, that Dutch guy' - so if you're Irish and living outside of Ireland, you will probably hear yourself being referred as that 'Irish..whatever', but I wouldn't say it was necessarily discriminatory or offensive though. When I've lived abroad, I was always referred to as an English something or the other, but I never took it as people meaning it in a prejudiced way.

Oh it's still there Red.. we had an incident recently in my work place. It Will never go, still ignorant people about & this was from a teacher!
xtras1

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:41 am

xtras1 wrote:Oh it's still there Red.. we had an incident recently in my work place. It Will never go, still ignorant people about & this was from a teacher!

I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all, but that it's not as prevalent as some are suggesting, and that there isn't what I would call an 'issue' with the Irish living in England.

Gypsies yes, but not regular Irish folk.
Red Okktober

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:47 am

Red Okktober wrote:
xtras1 wrote:Oh it's still there Red.. we had an incident recently in my work place. It Will never go, still ignorant people about & this was from a teacher!

I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all, but that it's not as prevalent as some are suggesting, and that there isn't what I would call an 'issue' with the Irish living in England.

Gypsies yes, but not regular Irish folk.

:smilin:
xtras1

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms