Political correctness

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Political correctness

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:46 am

Niv wrote:I always keep an open mind with regards to issues relating to PC. Sadly, at times it can be used very much as a double-edged sword. I am very much against people using derogatory statements to insult anyone's race, colour, creed or sexuality. I do however object to some of the 'do-gooders' who use bizarre policies to further their own good, whilst not showing any regard for the opinions and feelings of the people they claim to represent.
Being Irish, it's usually a given that I'll be insulted regularly. The amusing thing is that people genuinely think they are the first ones to say what they say to me. Do I bother to say anything? No. I just usually think that their ignorance is their problem, not mine. I could stand and argue the odds with them, at the end of it, they'd still be a fecking idiot. Many may not agree, but that's their opinion. I don't have to share it.

Sad in the year 2019 ignorant people have still not grasped onto the very fact that the Irish are far from the very insults aimed at any one who is Irish.
One has to step back in a kind of wtf wonderment of just how totally stupid they come across.
xtras1

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:51 am

Aunt Bessie wrote:
George wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:what the fuck is non-pc about bastard???

it might have been 30 years ago when being a bastard still had a stigma attached, now it's just a generic insult

unless of course you STILL see beng a bastard as being something to be stigmatised about :roll:

It's a subjective, generation and cultural issue.

so you think being a bastard is still something to be stigmatised about

I see

back in the real world bastard is a generic insult used with no regard to its entymology

Or even at times used in sympathy like ‘poor bastard, he was not expecting that’

I use it towards inanimate objects mostly. :mrgreen:

It's ridiculous to say it's politically incorrect.

I call the dog a little bastard

I should be shot
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:52 am

xtras1 wrote:
Sad in the year 2019 ignorant people have still not grasped onto the very fact that the Irish are far from the very insults aimed at any one who is Irish.
One has to step back in a kind of wtf wonderment of just how totally stupid they come across.

Tbf. Niv is not a good example. There are certain traits that people have regardless of their heritage.
Junglejayne

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:53 am

Junglejayne wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Tbf. Niv is not a good example. There are certain traits that people have regardless of their heritage.

We all have traits regardless ..
xtras1

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:59 am

xtras1 wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Blaming heritage and discrimination is an easy and unhelpful get out. I cringe when I see it.
Junglejayne

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:04 am

Junglejayne wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Blaming heritage and discrimination is an easy and unhelpful get out. I cringe when I see it.

Sorry JJ.. I'm not properly awake but how is Niv blaming her heritage for being insulted?
All I know it happens .. it's the ignorance of the abuser who is at fault here.
xtras1

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:14 am

xtras1 wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Sorry JJ.. I'm not properly awake but how is Niv blaming her heritage for being insulted?
All I know it happens .. it's the ignorance of the abuser who is at fault here.

I would doubt anything Niv says anyway, but having seen its attitude here.... I doubt 'abuse' is anything to do with discrimination.
Junglejayne

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:24 am

Junglejayne wrote:
I would doubt anything Niv says anyway, but having seen its attitude here.... I doubt 'abuse' is anything to do with discrimination.

Oh but it is.. you insult someone over their ethnicity is abuse & discrimination.

Anyway check out .. : Discriminatory Abuse

Too early for a heavy debate :mrgreen:
xtras1

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:24 am

Dogs does Irony.

:srs?:

I agree with JJ.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:31 am

xtras1 wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:

Oh but it is.. you insult someone over their ethnicity is abuse & discrimination.

I'm not doubting the point, just Nivs attempts to create a personal drama about it.
Junglejayne

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:36 am

Junglejayne wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:

I'm not doubting the point, just Nivs attempts to create a personal drama about it.

I don't see anyone creating personal drama. It's on topic .

Don't let your opinion of someone derail you. I know you have some issues with her/him but the point is there & it's valid.
xtras1

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:38 am

xtras1 wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:

I know you have some issues

Harsh, but fair...
Dean

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:39 am

Dean.. not what I said silly arse :woteva:
xtras1

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:41 am

xtras1 wrote:Dean.. not what I said silly arse :woteva:

You typed them... :dunno:
Dean

Postby xtras1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:42 am

Dean wrote:
xtras1 wrote:Dean.. not what I said silly arse :woteva:

You typed them... :dunno:

You know what you done & JJ isn't stupid!
xtras1

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms