The Impossible Whopper

A right load of bollocks...

The Impossible Whopper

Postby Stooo » Tue May 14, 2019 7:58 pm

Burger King is bringing the Impossible Whopper to three new cities

Burger King is now selling the meatless, plant-based burger patty at some restaurants in Miami; Columbus, Georgia; and Montgomery, Alabama; the burger chain announced on Tuesday.

Burger King first started offering the Impossible Whopper in St. Louis, Missouri, last month. That test went so well that the chain decided to roll out the Impossible Whopper nationwide this year.

Interest in plant-based protein is on the rise as meat eaters look to diversify their diets to be healthier and reduce their impact on the environment. That's good for Burger King, which is using the meatless version of its signature burger to attract Whopper fans to restaurants.

I'd give it a go :drool:
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: The Impossible Whopper

Postby Fletch » Tue May 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Give 'em a bun with salad only in it if they want to be veggies.
Fletch

Postby Gabby » Tue May 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Why do veggies want a meat substitute anyway? :off head:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Tue May 14, 2019 8:13 pm

Gabby wrote:Why do veggies want a meat substitute anyway? :off head:

It's more about something other than meat for regular meat eaters. If it tastes great then why not?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue May 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Many veggies have been meat eaters in the past and find it great they can still enjoy that taste and texture.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Fletch » Tue May 14, 2019 9:39 pm

But how is it created and from what?

Soylent Green gets closer... :ooer:
Fletch

Postby Guest » Wed May 15, 2019 5:06 am

Vegans need to eat protein and most of the things that have protein are things that can be made into other things and taste added. its nice for them to be able to join friends and family for a meal that looks the same.

I noticed papa johns has lots of vegan options now.

Soon meat free will be as easy to order as ordering a diet coke or full version.

"Burger please" " will that be the meat free or the meat version sir?"

Postby Bessie » Wed May 15, 2019 7:56 am

Lots of us stopped eating meat for moral reasons but still enjoyed the taste. I miss roast beef sometimes but I'd never eat it again so a substitute for that would be welcome.
Bessie

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed May 15, 2019 8:20 am

Stooo wrote:

It's more about something other than meat for regular meat eaters. If it tastes great then why not?

I'd love to try it as it looks delicious!

It's good for the planet and good for individual health to move towards a more plant based diet too.
Avon Barksdale

Postby LordRaven » Wed May 15, 2019 8:33 am

The study, which analyzed a representative sample of 11,000 U.S. participants 17 and older, found that 84 percent of people who have adopted vegetarianism or veganism at some point in their lives have gone back to eating meat. A bit less than one in five vegans and vegetarians maintain their diet.
How Many Vegetarians and Vegans Go Back to Meat? | Reader's Digest
https://www.rd.com/health/diet-weight-l ... back-meat/

Going Vegan is a fad, and one that is probably not that good for the human body given we are omnivorous and evolution has dictated what our bodies require to function properly --not some self appointed dietary expert.

And as for the amount of contradictory diet advice? What a load of bollox! Our bodies tell us what they need. Have you ever had a craving? This is your body telling you it needs something and it will direct you to eat certain foods wherein the "whatever it might be your body craves" exists.

I recall a fascinating story of a guy who, through some marine accident, ended up in a small boat for a long time and he survived on rainwater and fish he managed to catch.
He said when he first started eating raw fish he went for the fleshy bits that we all eat in restaurants etc, but as days passed he started eating the eyes and even the head --basically all the stuff we normally throw away and he wondered why.
His body was telling him to eat those parts of the fish because they contained what his body needed, so he was told by the experts on being rescued and interviewed.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Bessie » Wed May 15, 2019 8:46 am

I don't think it's a fad for everyone. I know people who have been veggie or vegan for more than twenty years, one family member has been vegetarian since the sixties. That's not a fad.

I'd never go back to eating meat and dairy. I have to take some medications which are made using gelatin and there is no alternative medication so I'm not able to be completely vegan.
Bessie

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed May 15, 2019 8:50 am

LordRaven wrote:The study, which analyzed a representative sample of 11,000 U.S. participants 17 and older, found that 84 percent of people who have adopted vegetarianism or veganism at some point in their lives have gone back to eating meat. A bit less than one in five vegans and vegetarians maintain their diet.

Going Vegan is a fad, and one that is probably not that good for the human body given we are omnivorous and evolution has dictated what our bodies require to function properly --not some self appointed dietary expert.

And as for the amount of contradictory diet advice? What a load of bollox! Our bodies tell us what they need. Have you ever had a craving? This is your body telling you it needs something and it will direct you to eat certain foods wherein the "whatever it might be your body craves" exists.

I recall a fascinating story of a guy who, through some marine accident, ended up in a small boat for a long time and he survived on rainwater and fish he managed to catch.
He said when he first started eating raw fish he went for the fleshy bits that we all eat in restaurants etc, but as days passed he started eating the eyes and even the head --basically all the stuff we normally throw away and he wondered why.
His body was telling him to eat those parts of the fish because they contained what his body needed, so he was told by the experts on being rescued and interviewed.

Transitioning to a more plant based diet is not the same as veganism but rather an attempt to lower overall meat consumption for a number of reasons, to include health benefits.

Also, my body regularly tells me I need chocolate cake and biscuits urgently. I think I might not listen to it...
Avon Barksdale

Postby NastyNickers » Wed May 15, 2019 9:02 am

LordRaven wrote:The study, which analyzed a representative sample of 11,000 U.S. participants 17 and older, found that 84 percent of people who have adopted vegetarianism or veganism at some point in their lives have gone back to eating meat. A bit less than one in five vegans and vegetarians maintain their diet.

But this is just mostly bollocks.
As long as we get the right amount of nutrients, it doesn’t matter if we are getting them from meat or meat substitutes.

Cravings are as much down to addiction as they are deficiency. It is our job to learn what constitutes a good diet, now more than ever with the obesity crisis.
NastyNickers

Postby LordRaven » Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 am

Bessie wrote:I don't think it's a fad for everyone. I know people who have been veggie or vegan for more than twenty years, one family member has been vegetarian since the sixties. That's not a fad.

I'd never go back to eating meat and dairy. I have to take some medications which are made using gelatin and there is no alternative medication so I'm not able to be completely vegan.

QED It is a choice, and one that is most definitely not a natural one but more one of conscience which I very much understand for quite a number of personal and/or noble reasons. :thumbsup:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Wed May 15, 2019 9:06 am

NastyNickers wrote:

But this is just mostly bollocks.
As long as we get the right amount of nutrients, it doesn’t matter if we are getting them from meat or meat substitutes.

Cravings are as much down to addiction as they are deficiency. It is our job to learn what constitutes a good diet, now more than ever with the obesity crisis.

On the one hand you say it is bollocks but you also agree with me about the body getting the right amount of nutrients. Thanks.
LordRaven
Twat.

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms