"Parents have been demonstrating...

A right load of bollocks...

"Parents have been demonstrating...

Postby Vam » Thu May 16, 2019 4:20 pm

...for weeks outside their children's primary schools in Birmingham because they're unhappy that children are being taught that it is okay to be gay.

It's a row that goes to the heart of how children should be prepared for life in modern Britain."

https://news.sky.com/story/the-parents-who-say-their-kids-are-being-indoctrinated-by-uk-schools-11720871

Do you agree with their demands that Relationship Education lessons be scrapped from the schools' curriculum, on religious grounds?
Vam

Re: "Parents have been demonstrating...

Postby LordRaven » Thu May 16, 2019 4:38 pm

Vam wrote:...for weeks outside their children's primary schools in Birmingham because they're unhappy that children are being taught that it is okay to be gay.

It's a row that goes to the heart of how children should be prepared for life in modern Britain."

https://news.sky.com/story/the-parents-who-say-their-kids-are-being-indoctrinated-by-uk-schools-11720871

Do you agree with their demands that Relationship Education lessons be scrapped from the schools' curriculum, on religious grounds?

I am in a quandary about this one, I think kids and parents should be asked on the matter of sex education in schools and permissions had before kids get taught anything.

I say this because of this broad-brush approach teaching all kids about everything, I understand they are trying to generate an air of acceptance of LGBTQ as being normal in order to stop homophobia etc but I do think that young impressionable minds could be confused to hell.

As for banning on Religious grounds alone, I refer back to my original point about consultation and permissions from parents. That way, when it is agreed the child will not attend, there will be no need for demonstrations.

And the kids who don't attend will learn all they need to know from the other kids in the playground anyway
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Vam » Thu May 16, 2019 4:52 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Vam wrote:...for weeks outside their children's primary schools in Birmingham because they're unhappy that children are being taught that it is okay to be gay.

I am in a quandary about this one, I think kids and parents should be asked on the matter of sex education in schools and permissions had before kids get taught anything.

I say this because of this broad-brush approach teaching all kids about everything, I understand they are trying to generate an air of acceptance of LGBTQ as being normal in order to stop homophobia etc but I do think that young impressionable minds could be confused to hell.

As for banning on Religious grounds alone, I refer back to my original point about consultation and permissions from parents. That way, when it is agreed the child will not attend, there will be no need for demonstrations.

And the kids who don't attend will learn all they need to know from the other kids in the playground anyway

1st BIB - within a controlled classroom environment, how can that be a bad thing?

2nd BIB - if that's the case, surely that could result in the type of confusion you've mentioned?
Vam

Postby Red Okktober » Thu May 16, 2019 5:12 pm

Gay (and transsexual) issues are foisted on children way too early.

I would definitely scrap the subjects, but not for religious reasons, but on grounds of the children being far too young.

if such things are to be taught at school, it shouldn't be until secondary school.
Red Okktober

Postby Niv » Thu May 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Red Okktober wrote:Gay (and transsexual) issues are foisted on children way too early.

I would definitely scrap the subjects, but not for religious reasons, but on grounds of the children being far too young.

if such things are to be taught at school, it shouldn't be until secondary school.

Most kids who are Gay/trans, know much earlier than high school age, what then?
Niv

Postby Guest » Thu May 16, 2019 5:30 pm

Niv wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:Gay (and transsexual) issues are foisted on children way too early.

Red would have them in a separate classroom and wearing a pink triangle.
Either that or have them sent away for conversion therapy. :hand:

Postby Red Okktober » Thu May 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Niv wrote:

The lessons aren't specifically directed at children who think they may be gay or trans, but at all kids. It's not a form of counselling.

Learning about relationship issues (of any kind) shouldn't begin as young as 4.

if I had a 4 year old, I would expect them to be learning to read from regular school books, and not books with titles like 'Jacob's New Dress' or 'Julian is a Mermaid'.
Red Okktober

Postby Vam » Thu May 16, 2019 6:02 pm

The parents are also protesting against the possibility that their children are being "indoctrinated". They clearly fail to see the irony in dragging their kids into the protests, to obediently chant and yell right alongside the mums and dads. Who is "indoctrinating" whom, exactly? :dunno:

This is 2019; it's absolutely ok to be gay. It's surely a no-brainer that young kids should be taught about diversity and inclusivity in Western society - irrespective of their own familial culture and ethnicity.
Vam

Postby Vam » Thu May 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Niv wrote:

The lessons aren't specifically directed at children who think they may be gay or trans, but at all kids. It's not a form of counselling.

if I had a 4 year old, I would expect them to be learning to read from regular school books, and not books with titles like 'Jacob's New Dress' or 'Julian is a Mermaid'.

I'd suggest that kids around that age are inclined to be much more accepting of the norm, and just take what they're learning in their stride. 'No big deal' kinda thing ...
Vam

Postby Niv » Thu May 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Niv wrote:

It's more to prepare kids for the World around them. If they see a child in their class that they think may be a boy, but he's got a dress on, they may be confused.If however they are educated to understand why the boy has got a dress on, they have an understanding of why and take it in their stride.

It's not about counselling, it's about educating, and avoiding ignorance and confusion.
Niv

Postby Red Okktober » Thu May 16, 2019 6:31 pm

Niv wrote:It's more to prepare kids for the World around them. If they see a child in their class that they think may be a boy, but he's got a dress on, they may be confused.If however they are educated to understand why the boy has got a dress on, they have an understanding of why and take it in their stride.

It's not about counselling, it's about educating, and avoiding ignorance and confusion.

LoL - too fucking right they might be confused.

The solution is for 'right on' parents not to send their 4 year sons to school wearing dresses, rather than foist trans issues onto the rest of the school at such a young age.
Red Okktober

Postby Cleopatra » Thu May 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Where are the counter far-right demonstrations advocating western values of tolerance and freedom?

Nowhere to be seen...they must agree with those pesky Muslims on this one.
Cleopatra

Postby Cleopatra » Thu May 16, 2019 6:53 pm

LordRaven wrote:

The parents were all made fully aware of the curriculum before sending their children there. Why are they so afraid of a reading book depicting diverse families? There will be gay kids in those families who will go through hell. The agitators may well find themselves with the attention of the Safeguarding Team, if they're not careful.
Cleopatra

Postby Niv » Thu May 16, 2019 8:03 pm

The guy leading all of the demonstrations at the two Schools, hasn't even got kids at the Schools. :woteva:
Niv

Postby Guest » Thu May 16, 2019 8:43 pm

Niv wrote:The guy leading all of the demonstrations at the two Schools, hasn't even got kids at the Schools. :woteva:

There's some posters here who haven't even got kids, are you saying they have no right to comment either?

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms