Euro Elections Tomorrow

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Euro Elections Tomorrow

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri May 24, 2019 3:45 pm

McAz wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Remain leaning MPs won't make it through a general election in enough numbers for that to happen if they are openly seen to be opposing Brexit. Will of the people and all that.

The Conservatives are getting pushed towards the right because of the Farage effect and unless, as you say, Labour comes out strongly in favour of remaining in any GE manifesto (which I doubt) it will become a reality. Personally I think it's better for moderate MPs to keep their seats and keep fighting rather than losing only to be replaced by hard liners.

I don't believe that - the majority of the country are not for Brexit, especially a hard Brexit. The problem is that Remain have not been as effective as the right in focusing their voice. It's easy for the right, vacuous fuckers like Farage and opportunists like Boris and co, to promote and harvest hate and nationalism. Remain on the other hand have had Corbyn dithering about and that old LibDem bloke who looks like he's dribbling rather than rousing. That's why I say Corbyn should go - and the old dribbling LibDem bloke too while we're at it.

Nor do I think that the electorate would fall for a bunch of moderate Remain MPs keeping their head down in order to get elected.

Too little, too late in my opinion.

Governments, and politicians generally, do what is politically expedient. It would be nice to be able to trust Governments of the day but I've never relied on them. I've seen enough betrayals to believe that to be true. In the words of Tupac " it's on us, to do what we gotta do to survive.”

I hope you're right but I've steeled myself for the long game.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Stooo » Fri May 24, 2019 6:06 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:
We haven't left yet you utter moronic twat!

If you'd actually read the link you'd see that Osborne and the treasury were actually referring to the immediate impact of a Leave vote.

They made two forecasts, what they called the "Shock scenario" and the "Severe shock scenario", both were totally wrong.

Strange how the Tories are all liars except when they're talking about how bad Brexit is, then they magically become paragons of truth.

A recession is two periods of negative growth, six months. It was emotive language similar to the anti EU passion shown for the last forty years but what do you expect from a tory? The context is important at the time because Cameron said that he would trigger A50 the day after the vote but he fucked off instead. The £ still tanked and is still fucked, ordinary families are a grand worse off in real terms, jobs lost since the vote are around quarter of a million with the NHS crying out for skilled staff and farmers shitting themselves, the process is costing £400M a week (let's give it to the NHS lol). But diesel caused the the factories to close so the Sun sez and we've got our French made blue passports and all of the fish that the handful of boats that didn't sell their quotas to Denmark or are owned by four big companies can land, well if they can get anyone to crew them that is...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri May 24, 2019 6:28 pm

McAz wrote:
Unless Corbyn goes and there is a GE leading to a Remain victory there is very little that can stop it.

You're completely clueless about politics aren't you?

But you think you're smarter than everyone else.

Remainers in a nutshell really.

What's your excuse going to be on Sunday?

People were lied to? People didn't know what they were voting for? Or both? :mrgreen:
Ray of Sunshine

Postby McAz » Fri May 24, 2019 6:50 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
McAz wrote:
Unless Corbyn goes and there is a GE leading to a Remain victory there is very little that can stop it.

You're completely clueless about politics aren't you?

But you think you're smarter than everyone else.

Remainers in a nutshell really.

What's your excuse going to be on Sunday?

People were lied to? People didn't know what they were voting for? Or both? :mrgreen:

I know exactly what they voted for - greater poverty, more job losses, price rises, worse health care, poorer education, fewer rights - and all while Farage fucks off to live abroad and Boris and co count their cash.

It won't be me or mine who are crying after Brexit. :thumbsup:

Get some stronger anti-depressants in, Ray, just in case you "win". :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri May 24, 2019 7:03 pm

You're on the same side as Jamie Oliver and Nigel Kennedy.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby McAz » Fri May 24, 2019 7:06 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:You're on the same side as Jamie Oliver and Nigel Kennedy.

One can cook, the other can play violin. You, are the other hand, are just a drain on the NHS - who would you have me side with, Ray. :dunno:
McAz

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri May 24, 2019 7:37 pm

McAz wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:You're on the same side as Jamie Oliver and Nigel Kennedy.

One can cook, the other can play violin. You, are the other hand, are just a drain on the NHS - who would you have me side with, Ray. :dunno:

I cost the NHS nothing as I don't take any tablets.

I would have thought that you, as someone elderly and bipolar, would be the drain.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby McAz » Fri May 24, 2019 7:42 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
McAz wrote:

I cost the NHS nothing as I don't take any tablets.

I would have thought that you, as someone elderly and bipolar, would be the drain.

I paid my way through life, Ray - one reason why I don't need to vent my bitterness on foreigners and the young. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri May 24, 2019 7:48 pm

McAz wrote:I paid my way through life, Ray - one reason why I don't need to vent my bitterness on foreigners and the young. :thumbsup:

And you moved to a small village in the Lake District as you're a big fan of multiculturalism and mass immigration.

People are judged on actions as well as words.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby McAz » Fri May 24, 2019 7:55 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
McAz wrote:I paid my way through life, Ray - one reason why I don't need to vent my bitterness on foreigners and the young. :thumbsup:

And you moved to a small village in the Lake District as you're a big fan of multiculturalism and mass immigration.

People are judged on actions as well as words.

I know, I judge you and your kind on your sheer gullibility and petty mindedness.

Love Thy Neighbour, Ray. :thumbsup:

McAz

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri May 24, 2019 9:00 pm

Not your village that is it?
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Stooo » Fri May 24, 2019 9:03 pm

Stooo wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:
We haven't left yet you utter moronic twat!

If you'd actually read the link you'd see that Osborne and the treasury were actually referring to the immediate impact of a Leave vote.

They made two forecasts, what they called the "Shock scenario" and the "Severe shock scenario", both were totally wrong.

Strange how the Tories are all liars except when they're talking about how bad Brexit is, then they magically become paragons of truth.

A recession is two periods of negative growth, six months. It was emotive language similar to the anti EU passion shown for the last forty years but what do you expect from a tory? The context is important at the time because Cameron said that he would trigger A50 the day after the vote but he fucked off instead. The £ still tanked and is still fucked, ordinary families are a grand worse off in real terms, jobs lost since the vote are around quarter of a million with the NHS crying out for skilled staff and farmers shitting themselves, the process is costing £400M a week (let's give it to the NHS lol). But diesel caused the the factories to close so the Sun sez and we've got our French made blue passports and all of the fish that the handful of boats that didn't sell their quotas to Denmark or are owned by four big companies can land, well if they can get anyone to crew them that is...

Um, Ray :Hiya:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Fri May 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Not your village that is it?

I don’t believe so, Ray. Perhaps it’s the shithole you so heroically moved to in order to combat people who have the audacity to possess a different skin colour? :pmsl:
McAz

Postby dis » Fri May 24, 2019 9:51 pm

We didn’t get to vote, all manner of shit happened to stop us. We lost our voting cards, both cars broke down, my son broke his elbow in two places and our cat took ill.

Not sure our vote would have made that much of a difference but I am still annoyed I didn’t manage.
dis

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri May 24, 2019 9:58 pm

dis wrote:We didn’t get to vote, all manner of shit happened to stop us. We lost our voting cards, both cars broke down, my son broke his elbow in two places and our cat took ill.

Not sure our vote would have made that much of a difference but I am still annoyed I didn’t manage.

Blimey. That's brutal.

I guess you're excused for not voting then :0
Avon Barksdale

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms