TV chat, what are you watching?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: TV chat, what are you watching?

Postby MG2 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:02 pm

xtras1 wrote:
MG2 wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
MG2 wrote:The Virtues. Fantastic performance again by Stephen Graham. If you watch don't eat during the first episode.

Worth a watch then? I record things then delete them if I don't hear good things about it. I'll hang onto this one then. :smilin:

It's an acting master class. Depressing but well worth the watch.

Started to watch the 2nd episode of the virtues, but but like Piccadilly circus here at the moment ... first episode was very depressing but Stephen Graham is such a great actor you just know it's going to be worth the watch.

I wouldn't want to watch it with lots going on, you need quiet I agree. Enjoy when you get to it.

Having read interesting reviews here I've downloaded Chernobyl. No idea when I will get to it mind.
MG2

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed May 29, 2019 7:18 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Watched "I am not your Negro" yesterday night which is a documentary film based on James Baldwin's unfinished manuscript "Remember This House."

It was a superb exploration of the civil rights struggle in America and race.

Saw Black Klansman last night. It’s very funny but uncomfortable too with the racist rhetoric and the fact that nothing’s changed in America! People being more aware hasn’t stamped out racism towards blacks. :dunno:

The ending of Black Klansman was like "whoa, I did not see that coming."

Watched "The Great Debaters" yesterday which has two of my favourite actors in it - Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker - about a debating team from an all black college taking on Harvard back in the 1930s. It was pretty good although some of the scenes where uncomfortable viewing as well.

Haven’t seen it but isn’t it funny how some films don’t age well and others do? After seeing ‘Dear White People’ on Netflix some of the older films look twee.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed May 29, 2019 12:21 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Watched "I am not your Negro" yesterday night which is a documentary film based on James Baldwin's unfinished manuscript "Remember This House."

It was a superb exploration of the civil rights struggle in America and race.

Saw Black Klansman last night. It’s very funny but uncomfortable too with the racist rhetoric and the fact that nothing’s changed in America! People being more aware hasn’t stamped out racism towards blacks. :dunno:

Watched "The Great Debaters" yesterday which has two of my favourite actors in it - Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker - about a debating team from an all black college taking on Harvard back in the 1930s. It was pretty good although some of the scenes where uncomfortable viewing as well.

Haven’t seen it but isn’t it funny how some films don’t age well and others do? After seeing ‘Dear White People’ on Netflix some of the older films look twee.

Is "Dear White People" any good? Was thinking about checking it out.

We watched "Love Actually" recently and that has aged terribly. It's amazing how quickly attitudes have moved over the last decade or so.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed May 29, 2019 3:50 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

We watched "Love Actually" recently and that has aged terribly. It's amazing how quickly attitudes have moved over the last decade or so.

It is intelligently amusing (if that’s a thing) and the soundtrack is excellent. The good thing about Netflix is that it’s pretty much no holds barred.

I like Love Actually, but could only watch it the once.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

It is intelligently amusing (if that’s a thing) and the soundtrack is excellent. The good thing about Netflix is that it’s pretty much no holds barred.

I've watched the first two episodes and I like it so far. You're right it has a cracking soundtrack and great dialogue.
Avon Barksdale

Postby George » Wed May 29, 2019 8:12 pm

An Australian thriller on Netflix called The Code, third episode in and still not sure where the story is going but it is quite good
George

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu May 30, 2019 6:40 pm

"Nobody looks like that, it's just a load of chat" :dunno:
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu May 30, 2019 9:23 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

I've watched the first two episodes and I like it so far. You're right it has a cracking soundtrack and great dialogue.

I'm on to episode 7 now and you know what?

I love this show. I love the dialogue, I love the music, I love the clothes, I love the production, I love the social themes.

But most of all.

I love Coco.
Avon Barksdale

Postby NastyNickers » Thu May 30, 2019 9:32 pm

Chernobyl is so good. One of the best things I’ve seen in ages.

We watched the first ep of The Virtues last night. It was more difficult to watch than I expected. There’s something about alcoholism that makes me cringe.
NastyNickers

Postby xtras1 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:03 am

Found on catch up a series called Mum, it's very dry so funny. Something to take my mind of things.

Shows in a very good way how mum's are taken for granted.
xtras1

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri May 31, 2019 10:14 am

xtras1 wrote:Found on catch up a series called Mum, it's very dry so funny. Something to take my mind of things.

oh we love that

but the bloody cup song theme drives me mad
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:16 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
xtras1 wrote:Found on catch up a series called Mum, it's very dry so funny. Something to take my mind of things.

oh we love that

but the bloody cup song theme drives me mad

Haha! Yes we have had to mute the song :ooer:

Was great at first but oh my head lol

I just happened to Come across it, it's so lovely.
xtras1

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri May 31, 2019 5:27 pm

dead to me
christine applegate linda cardellini
dark comedy on netflix
:more beer:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri May 31, 2019 5:32 pm

I just finished watching those the other day BFF

loved it