Go see rocketman

all of you

NOW
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Re: BH weekend!

Postby measurer » Fri May 24, 2019 7:12 pm

Gabby wrote:
measurer wrote:Gabby? Did your last tenants have a security deposit in the scheme? If so, think I'd be claiming for having to repair.

Yes, they’ve lost their deposit but it doesn’t cover costs of getting it anywhere back to being resaleable.... my OH is selling it now when it’s all done! :thumbsup:

Having a friend who lets and knowing and seeing some homes after bad tenants have left, I think I'd rather sell too!
measurer

Postby measurer » Fri May 24, 2019 7:13 pm

Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:It is illegal to take a security bond/deposit without it being secured by a third party bond holder, an RTA. to protect both owner and renter.

And how many do you think actually do that?
A friend of mine recently fell out with the landlord they rent a Nail store from and said they wanted their deposit back. Landlord told them straight out ''I don't have it, I've spent it. You just won't pay any rent for the last 3 months.
As i said most people won't leave the money sitting around in a bank for several years.

Then they best beware, as it is illegal and a landlord can be taken to court.
measurer

Postby Niv » Fri May 24, 2019 7:23 pm

Landlord insurance is a Godsend. :thumbsup:
Niv

Postby measurer » Fri May 24, 2019 8:17 pm

To be sure, to be sure......

(Doubled laughing here - I even used the accent!)

:pmsl:
measurer

Postby Bessie » Fri May 24, 2019 11:26 pm

Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:It is illegal to take a security bond/deposit without it being secured by a third party bond holder, an RTA. to protect both owner and renter.

A friend of mine recently fell out with the landlord they rent a Nail store from and said they wanted their deposit back. Landlord told them straight out ''I don't have it, I've spent it. You just won't pay any rent for the last 3 months.
As i said most people won't leave the money sitting around in a bank for several years.

You have to sign a form from the deposit scheme company the landlord is registered with. So does the landlord.
Bessie

Postby measurer » Fri May 24, 2019 11:37 pm

Glad someone else knows this, Bess.

I dare say there are those unscrupulous bastards that hire out to illegals and leave them to live in dangerous conditions, not to mention - overcrowded - that don't ask for deposits...

Decent people have their rent deposits kept in bond and the Landlords - registered - have to keep it in bond.
measurer

Postby xtras1 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:54 am

Hoping to slot in a visit to the cinema ... not been in a while.

Basically doing nothing & I'm on hols for a week :canny:
xtras1

Postby NastyNickers » Sat May 25, 2019 10:09 am

Bessie wrote:
Guest wrote:

You have to sign a form from the deposit scheme company the landlord is registered with. So does the landlord.

Depends on the tenancy type though. It’s only ASTs that need TDP. I don’t believe anything needs actually signing, but it will be part of the tenancy agreement that must be signed.

That is of course on the presumption that the landlord is doing it legally. You’ll probably find a significant number of landlords who let themselves don’t.
NastyNickers

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat May 25, 2019 11:18 am

xtras1 wrote:Hoping to slot in a visit to the cinema ... not been in a while.

I really fancy watching ‘The Secret Life of Pets 2’. The first one was good enough to spur me on to see the next one. That warm, fuzzy humour that few writers/animators can capture.
Whereas Aladdin doesn’t appeal because Will Smith just seems too shouty as he gets older. Was better as a younger actor.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Kat » Sat May 25, 2019 1:34 pm

We went out last night I'm off while Wednesday rare I'm not doing bank holiday .so at min Mr working in off usually case out Sunday
Kat

Postby xtras1 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:36 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
xtras1 wrote:Hoping to slot in a visit to the cinema ... not been in a while.

I really fancy watching ‘The Secret Life of Pets 2’. The first one was good enough to spur me on to see the next one. That warm, fuzzy humour that few writers/animators can capture.
Whereas Aladdin doesn’t appeal because Will Smith just seems too shouty as he gets older. Was better as a younger actor.

I thought the 1st one was fantastic lolol... yeh good shout :)

Urgh he is such a crap actor will Smith I avoid anything he is in .
xtras1

Postby xtras1 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:36 pm

Kat wrote:We went out last night I'm off while Wednesday rare I'm not doing bank holiday .so at min Mr working in off usually case out Sunday

John I'm only dancing ... :mrgreen:
xtras1

Postby Gabby » Sat May 25, 2019 4:35 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Kat wrote:We went out last night I'm off while Wednesday rare I'm not doing bank holiday .so at min Mr working in off usually case out Sunday

Who is John?
Gabby

Postby xtras1 » Sat May 25, 2019 4:42 pm

Gabby wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Who is John?

David Bowie song ...

I have no clue what Kat was saying.. so just replied with that .. :pmsl:

Confused :mrgreen:
xtras1

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms