Humans Growing Spikes in the Back of Their Skulls

A right load of bollocks...

Humans Growing Spikes in the Back of Their Skulls

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:20 pm

Press your fingers into the back of your skull, just above your neck. If you feel a small spike you may be among people whose body has responded to smartphone use by growing new layers of bone.

The phenomenon involves what is known as an external occipital protuberance: a growth which appears on the back of the head. David Shahar, a health scientist at the University of The Sunshine Coast, Australia, told BBC.com that in the last decade of his 20 year career he has noticed more patients have the protrusion which was once considered rare.

Shahar explained to BBC.com that when the external occipital protuberance was first studied by French scientist Paul Broca in 1885 "he didn't like it because he had studied so many specimens, and he hadn't really seen any which had it."

In a study published in the Journal of Anatomy in 2016, Shahar and his co-author described how he had been spotting external occipital protuberances more often in x-rays of relatively young patients at his clinic. To find out more, he look>>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/family ... ailsignout
Rolluplostinspace

Re: Humans Growing Spikes in the Back of Their Skulls

Postby Cobs » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:44 pm

I read the link and was tempted to go full gammon on it, but suspected a triple bluff by twat-features...

Imagine if you have stalactites and stalagmites, if no one is bothering them, they will just keep growing.

This quote however reminded me of the only fact I remember from school geography.

Tights come down
Cobs

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:33 pm

I promised myself that I wouldn't click on this thread... :woteva:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:44 pm

Stooo wrote:I promised myself that I wouldn't click on this thread... :woteva:

It would be better if you promised us, not to let Jack make these stupid fucking CT threads :pmsl:

Postby Text » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Press your fingers into the back of your skull, just above your neck. If you feel a small spike you may be among people whose body has responded to smartphone use by growing new layers of bone.

The phenomenon involves what is known as an external occipital protuberance: a growth which appears on the back of the head. David Shahar, a health scientist at the University of The Sunshine Coast, Australia, told BBC.com that in the last decade of his 20 year career he has noticed more patients have the protrusion which was once considered rare.

Shahar explained to BBC.com that when the external occipital protuberance was first studied by French scientist Paul Broca in 1885 "he didn't like it because he had studied so many specimens, and he hadn't really seen any which had it."

In a study published in the Journal of Anatomy in 2016, Shahar and his co-author described how he had been spotting external occipital protuberances more often in x-rays of relatively young patients at his clinic. To find out more, he look>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fox sake, Jack. Anyone who believes a word of that needs their bumps felt.
Oh wait ........ :ooer:
Text

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Text wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Press your fingers into the back of your skull, just above your neck. If you feel a small spike you may be among people whose body has responded to smartphone use by growing new layers of bone.

Slicey...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:02 pm

I think this is rolly’s way of saying he believes we’re all lizards.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Text » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:02 pm

I like when a thread makes more than just one page, just helping him along.
Text

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:03 pm

Text wrote:I like when a thread makes more than just one page, just helping him along.

You're a kind lady Canny :wubbers:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:15 pm

& Why not?
Costs nowt, after all.
Thanks, S. :cool:
Text

Postby Fletch » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:48 pm

Cobs wrote:I read the link and was tempted to go full gammon on it, but suspected a triple bluff by twat-features...

Imagine if you have stalactites and stalagmites, if no one is bothering them, they will just keep growing.

This quote however reminded me of the only fact I remember from school geography.

Tights come down

and

Mites go up
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Text wrote:

From the emergence of a spiky growth at the back of some people’s skulls to the enigmatic finding that our elbows are getting narrower, our bones are changing in surprising ways

Today it’s an established fact that our skeletons are surprisingly malleable. The pure white remains displayed in museums may seem solid and inert, but the bones beneath our flesh are very much alive – they’re actually pink with blood vessels – and they’re constantly being broken down and rebuilt. So although each person’s skeleton develops according to a rough template set out in their DNA, it is then tailored to accommodate the unique stresses of their life.

This has led to a discipline known as “osteobiography" – literally “the biography of bones” – which involves looking at a skeleton to find out how its owner lived.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2019061 ... n-skeleton

:dunno:
Fletch

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Fletch wrote:
Text wrote:

From the emergence of a spiky growth at the back of some people’s skulls to the enigmatic finding that our elbows are getting narrower, our bones are changing in surprising ways

Today it’s an established fact that our skeletons are surprisingly malleable. The pure white remains displayed in museums may seem solid and inert, but the bones beneath our flesh are very much alive – they’re actually pink with blood vessels – and they’re constantly being broken down and rebuilt. So although each person’s skeleton develops according to a rough template set out in their DNA, it is then tailored to accommodate the unique stresses of their life.

This has led to a discipline known as “osteobiography" – literally “the biography of bones” – which involves looking at a skeleton to find out how its owner lived.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2019061 ... n-skeleton

:dunno:

Transformers? :yikes:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:18 pm

It's becoming known as text neck because it is being caused by the constant stooped neck.
You don't believe your spine and other bones can alter that quickly?
How quick does a broken leg take to knit itself back together in a cast and be perfectly able to bare weight again?
Why have I got spurs growing on my top few vertebrae with one being long enough to occasionally catch on a major blood vessel when I turn my head to the right making me feel a little dizzy for a second or two?
These spurs weren't there half a dozen years ago.
I have a spur in one of my lower vertebrae that has fused with one from another vertebra above it.
How many years have people been hanging their heads down while sitting standing walking to use their mobiles .... how many years?
It's more than the half dozen years that my spine has had to grow extra bits.
It's very real.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:It's becoming known as text neck because it is being caused by the constant stooped neck.
You don't believe your spine and other bones can alter that quickly?
How quick does a broken leg take to knit itself back together in a cast and be perfectly able to bare weight again?
Why have I got spurs growing on my top few vertebrae with one being long enough to occasionally catch on a major blood vessel when I turn my head to the right making me feel a little dizzy for a second or two?
These spurs weren't there half a dozen years ago.
I have a spur in one of my lower vertebrae that has fused with one from another vertebra above it.
How many years have people been hanging their heads down while sitting standing walking to use their mobiles .... how many years?
It's more than the half dozen years that my spine has had to grow extra bits.
It's very real.

We're not all fucking mutants... :woteva:
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms