Hobbit Feet......

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Hobbit Feet......

Postby Stooo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:42 pm

Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:As Hobbit was hiding from this question, I thought I’d answer it for Micky...

As you say, it's obvious that the people who run the site make the rules. We're not like normal members because we have extra things to do which is also rather obvious.

Micky knows this as he has fucked up several forums with his rules, didn't he have a name for the banning button?

Making the rules and abusing the rules for your own gain are two different things. The latter is why we are where we are now...

What gain Jack?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:44 pm

Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:You can have more than one founder. Although he didn’t start the forum, he was made a founder...

I don't think he was, DT and the other fella probably didn't want him to have all of the buttons for obvious reasons. I seem to remember chatting to DT about it at the time.

He was. I was Admin on there...

I doubt it. Me and Gemo were restricted admin on SBS and the four active admin on here are also restricted, same as all of the forums that I've modded on. Only one account is founder.

You can doubt what you like, I was Admin and I saw he was the founder. You can have more than one founder account too...
Dean

Postby Dean » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:48 pm

Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:As Hobbit was hiding from this question, I thought I’d answer it for Micky...

As you say, it's obvious that the people who run the site make the rules. We're not like normal members because we have extra things to do which is also rather obvious.

Micky knows this as he has fucked up several forums with his rules, didn't he have a name for the banning button?

Making the rules and abusing the rules for your own gain are two different things. The latter is why we are where we are now...

What gain Jack?

You’d have to ask them...
Dean

Postby measurer » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:09 pm

Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:You can have more than one founder. Although he didn’t start the forum, he was made a founder...

I don't think he was, DT and the other fella probably didn't want him to have all of the buttons for obvious reasons. I seem to remember chatting to DT about it at the time.

Ash in Chichester set up the forum for him. I spoke with Ash and know how it was run on a server thru the firm he worked with.
measurer

Postby Stooo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I doubt it. Me and Gemo were restricted admin on SBS and the four active admin on here are also restricted, same as all of the forums that I've modded on. Only one account is founder.

You can doubt what you like, I was Admin and I saw he was the founder. You can have more than one founder account too...

You can't, it's a singular account.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:13 pm

No, it’s not.
Dean

Postby Dean » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:16 pm

“A Founder is any user with the user_type set to 3 (USER_FOUNDER constant)
This user (Founder) is able to access all administrative areas of the board regardless of assigned permission, they have full administration permissions and can never be banned, deleted or altered by non-founder users.
This does not effect any user or moderation permissions.
At least one founder is required for a board.
Founder status can be given to more than one member at a time, note however, that any Founder can set another founder to a normal (non-founder) user, so this option should be handled with care”

I’ve been Admin on numerous forums Stooo. You’re not always right... :roll:
Dean

Postby Dean » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:16 pm

measurer wrote:
Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Ash in Chichester set up the forum for him. I spoke with Ash and know how it was run on a server thru the firm he worked with.

Correct
Dean

Postby Stooo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:19 pm

Dean wrote:“A Founder is any user with the user_type set to 3 (USER_FOUNDER constant)
This user (Founder) is able to access all administrative areas of the board regardless of assigned permission, they have full administration permissions and can never be banned, deleted or altered by non-founder users.
Founder status can be given to more than one member at a time, note however, that any Founder can set another founder to a normal (non-founder) user, so this option should be handled with care”

Notwithstanding, you're talking bollocks, it looks like Del's back so you can go back to baiting him rather than the present game.

That might actually be funny.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:21 pm

Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:“A Founder is any user with the user_type set to 3 (USER_FOUNDER constant)

Notwithstanding, you're talking bollocks, it looks like Del's back so you can go back to baiting him rather than the present game.

How am I talking bollocks? You were wrong, I was right.
Dean

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:24 pm

Ever considered getting a real job? That pays real wages?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Dean » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

Ever considered getting a real job? That pays real wages?

I have a very well paid job, thank you.
Dean

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:29 pm

One that stimulates and challenges you not bores you to death.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Stooo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:30 pm

Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:

How am I talking bollocks? You were wrong, I was right.

You're talking bollocks, there is only one founder account and it was Ash. DT had full privileges but Micky was quite restricted, he couldn't delete the place for a start. The only reason that Minnie destroyed twisted was because he was able to access Claire's Email account and keep changing the founder PW.

Mate, it's me that you're talking to and I understand your present tactics and even appreciate your efforts to build traffic but it's a waste of time with me.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:30 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:One that stimulates and challenges you not bores you to death.

One that pays well will do for me :thumbsup:
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms