October 31st predictions - Deal or no deal?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: October 31st predictions - Deal or no deal?

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:52 am

McAz wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:I think some of you may be pleasantly surprised about what a post-Brexit Britain will be like.

And yet not once have you told us why - despite regular vacuous gum-beating sessions. :cuppaT:

If you think it's that bad why have you never gone and protested like stooo?
I doubt you really give a fuck about brexit. It just gives you something to post about on here and kill a few hours.
I'd say if stooo was a leaver then that's the side you be on too, just to keep onside :hand:

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:05 am

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:I think some of you may be pleasantly surprised about what a post-Brexit Britain will be like.

And yet not once have you told us why - despite regular vacuous gum-beating sessions. :cuppaT:

I doubt you really give a fuck about brexit. It just gives you something to post about on here and kill a few hours.
I'd say if stooo was a leaver then that's the side you be on too, just to keep onside :hand:

Yeah, probably... :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Dean » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:05 am

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:

Az has always been very consistent in his stance on racism. He would never be in favour of leave...
Dean

Postby Dean » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:06 am

McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:

Well, you made me look like a chump! :pmsl:
Dean

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:08 am

Dean wrote:
McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:

Well, you made me look like a chump! :pmsl:

:pmsl:

Best to humour the daft cunt - he makes the same "clever" post regularly.
McAz

Postby Dean » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:12 am

Almost as funny as the ‘mobility scooter’ gag...

We used to have some really funny guests. I miss them...
Dean

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:16 am

Dean wrote:Almost as funny as the ‘mobility scooter’ gag...

Yes, these are very amateurish. I'm sometimes tempted to post against myself just to liven the place up.
McAz

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:27 am

McAz wrote:

Yes, these are very amateurish. I'm sometimes tempted to post against myself just to liven the place up.

What do you mean 'tempted'?
Like you haven't done it before.
Simple truth is.You have fuck all else in your like to occupy yourself with.
Nahh can't be bothered with you.
It's more effective to just ignore you. That will drive you crazy. :thumbsup:

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:32 am

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:

What do you mean 'tempted'?
Like you haven't done it before.
Simple truth is.You have fuck all else in your like to occupy yourself with.
Nahh can't be bothered with you.
It's more effective to just ignore you. That will drive you crazy. :thumbsup:

If it's better to ignore him, and you can't be bothered with him, why are you up at 3am replying to him?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:50 am

Lol @ guests nagging guests. :mrgreen:

It’s funny, but it’s also rather sad.

I’ve known a few people who’d start a argument with a piece of furniture if no one was around.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:01 am

Stooo wrote:
Cherry de Voured wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:People voted for it.
You can’t get round that.

Of course; but that doesn't mean we have to exercise the "will" of the people (which gave an incredible amount of power to the will of England*) in the most destructive way possible, which is why it's necessary to have a deal.

All the tripe about "WTO", like "Leave means Leave", has also become meaningless because it's become another meaningless Brexit chant that actually doesn't mean anything. Then you get all the spin about "Project Fear" which has now been conceded to have had a point. Apparently we were all warned about the consequences beforehand by this "Project Fear" that at the time we were encouraged not to take seriously. Being a huge economy is in our favour, but it also works completely against us because - inevitably - huge economies are built on substantive trade deals, and the higher you climb, the further you have to fall.

NOBODY knew what they were voting for other than on an ideological basis - you couldn't possibly know, because it's uncharted territory. I'm not saying that as a slant against people who voted Leave at all, we were all ill-informed because the necessary preparations never took place. There's no responsibility for the decisions either - this ridiculous notion that the EU, Ireland, Remoaners, etc, etc are all sabotaging Brexit, when all they're doing is trying to look after their own self-interests in much the same way we are. Looking after our own self-interests being a key theme of the whole Brexit debate.

Before I get accused of being a 'Remoaner' here, I wasn't. I hadn't strong convictions for either, and although I voted 'Remain' in the end, I could have quite easily have been persuaded otherwise. In the end it came down to a rushed, ill thought out referendum full of nonsense from both sides, and if I had to vote according to nonsense, I'd rather stick with the nonsense I know; had the government been different, I'd have quite easily have voted differently. The fact that Cameron called it and then legged it straight after showed what an utterly inept twat he was. This was all done in the shadow of apparent unavoidable austerity, which made the timing of the referendum either highly inappropriate or made the apparent need for austerity at the time a complete and utter load of bullshit.

And here we are, trying to lock the gate after the horse has bolted. It's a complete and utter mess. If it all goes tits-up - which it inevitably will if we can't come away with a deal - then there'll still be this utter denial that it was a bad decision made in the heat of the moment (and again, I'm going to reiterate that it didn't have to be - I'm not saying leaving the EU in itself is a bad decision - just the circumstances in which it happened), and the blame will lie on everyone else.

It'll be interesting to see if/when the issue of Scottish Independence arises, how many of the arguments FOR Brexit will be dismissed when used by Scottish Independence advocates.

I know what I voted for, I voted to keep the status quo very simply. I wasn't swayed by headlines or targeted ads on FB but forumland and real-life opinions over the last decade had a profound effect on my choice.

I watched the rise of UKIP and the popularity of it across several forums, always bolstered by the racists, misogynists, traditionalists and other forms of scum and I knew that I didn't want to be in a place in my life where I felt so offended that I would end up like them.

I listened to friends and customers who wanted the freedom to wear a Gollywog badge and own guns so that they could go hunting as well as better educated people who were literally exploding in indignation over a trade system that they knew nothing about and formed their opinions from the whims of Dacre and Johnson.

No deal was first posited by May in the Autumn of 2016, it hadn't been mentioned before and it may well be her most vacuous sound bite, it's certainly the most dangerous. 'People knew what they voted for!' Did they fuck and have they tried to actually learn about the subject since? Of course not because that would involve exercising freedom of choice and effort rather than follow an easy narrow path.

Then you’ve been in a bit of a bubble.
Of course the race haters were going to try and capitalise on this, they’ll try anything but haven’t got as much success as they’d hoped so far.

Many voted to leave because they want independence, they just happen to have the knuckle dragging racists on their side.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:12 am

Stooo thinks anyone who disagrees with the Lib Dems is 'racist gammon scum'.

Ironically, he is probably the most illiberal undemocratic poster on here.
Red Okktober

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:24 am

Red Okktober wrote:Stooo thinks anyone who disagrees with the Lib Dems is 'racist gammon scum'.

It doesn’t help that some of the staunch brexiteers are. :laughing:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:37 am

"The European Common Market is for Europeans; it excludes everyone else. In that case you don’t call it racism; all the numerous blocks and groups and syndicates and cliques that the Western nations have formed are never referred to as racist."

Malcolm X, 1964.
Red Okktober

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:41 am

Red Okktober wrote:"The European Common Market is for Europeans; it excludes everyone else. In that case you don’t call it racism; all the numerous blocks and groups and syndicates and cliques that the Western nations have formed are never referred to as racist."

Malcolm X, 1964.

Ok, I get it now.
Last edited by Lady Murasaki on Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms