Bravo Boys

A right load of bollocks...

Bravo Boys

Postby jra » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:53 pm

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
McAz wrote:But you reached a judgement about how long the piece of string was because you concluded that the Winter of Discontent was "caused by poor government policy in restricting wage rises".

Which of the "many factors" did you consider in order to reach your conclusion?

It's not really that important as the original point was that both the Labour and Conservative parties have been as bad as each other over recent decades. Maybe the Winter of Discontent wasn't the best example but the general point still stands.

Then find examples which establish your point before losing it due to poor scholarship. :thumbsup:

This isn't a competition really Mc. It's not relevant any more to quote your own words.

It's always relevant to support your argument with facts, jra, otherwise your argument becomes irrelevant - as in this case. :thumbsup:

Facts are open to interpretation when it comes to politics. It's not an exact science.
jra

Re: Bravo Boris!

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:58 pm

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:It's always relevant to support your argument with facts, jra, otherwise your argument becomes irrelevant - as in this case. :thumbsup:

Facts are open to interpretation when it comes to politics. It's not an exact science.

Well, the facts concerning the Winter of Discontent was that it was not government policy, unlike joining the ERM, thus rendering your comparison of the two inaccurate and pointless. Fact. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby jra » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:01 pm

Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:People that voted leave did for a vast variety of reasons. Likewise with remain. I don't represent all people that voted Brexit.

The trouble is this has all been discussed ad nauseam for many months and I will give you the same answers and no doubt so will you. I haven't really changed my stance on the issue and that's it. We are just re-inventing the wheel here for the umpteenth time. That's why I haven't posted in this section of SD for a while as it's just repetition of the same stuff regarding Brexit.

1.3 billion CHF since 2008.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzer ... tributions

Good, fuck off.

We like talking about brexit on here, do one.

Touchy. It's all very well talking about Brexit, but that time has passed IMO. Just leave or remain (tick the box) because I'm willing to bet most people are sick of hearing the word Brexit by now.
jra

Postby jra » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:03 pm

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
McAz wrote:It's always relevant to support your argument with facts, jra, otherwise your argument becomes irrelevant - as in this case. :thumbsup:

Well, the facts concerning the Winter of Discontent was that it was not government policy, unlike joining the ERM, thus rendering your comparison of the two inaccurate and pointless. Fact. :thumbsup:

Give up McAz. You're boring me to death. Move on. Take the hint.
jra

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:04 pm

jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:People that voted leave did for a vast variety of reasons. Likewise with remain. I don't represent all people that voted Brexit.

The trouble is this has all been discussed ad nauseam for many months and I will give you the same answers and no doubt so will you. I haven't really changed my stance on the issue and that's it. We are just re-inventing the wheel here for the umpteenth time. That's why I haven't posted in this section of SD for a while as it's just repetition of the same stuff regarding Brexit.

Good, fuck off.

Touchy. It's all very well talking about Brexit, but that time has passed IMO. Just leave or remain (tick the box) because I'm willing to bet most people are sick of hearing the word Brexit by now.

Your opinion of what we should be talking about is of no consequence.
McAz

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:07 pm

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:

You re-raised the subject after 3 days after it was long dead and buried...

...fancied doing a bit of trolling did you? :roll:
McAz

Postby jra » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Fletch wrote:Trump Praises Deal to Increase U.S. Beef Exports to Europe

President Donald Trump on Friday praised a previously-announced deal that will open up the European Union to more U.S. beef after the bloc carved out quotas previously granted to other nations.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -on-friday

Thought staying in the EU was meant to protect us from sub-standard hormone injected US food. :dunno:

In June, the European Commission announced that it reached an agreement with the US to allow the import of more hormone-free US beef.

So yes, the EU does protect our food standards, and yes, that protection runs out on 31st October.... maybe....

https://www.dw.com/en/trump-us-will-sel ... a-49872629

Because the poor defenceless UK is not able to protect itself against importing certain types of beef and keeping food standards up to par. We need our hands holding like a five-year-old kid. The lack of faith some people have in the UK 'running itself' is astounding. We don't need the EU to spoon-feed us certain laws.
jra

Postby jra » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:17 pm

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:

Long dead and buried. :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Oh, forgive me. A whole 3 days. I'm so, so sorry I can't post here all day every day. And anyway it's usually you that trolls me first. Look in the mirror son.
jra

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:18 pm

jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

President Donald Trump on Friday praised a previously-announced deal that will open up the European Union to more U.S. beef after the bloc carved out quotas previously granted to other nations.

Thought staying in the EU was meant to protect us from sub-standard hormone injected US food. :dunno:

In June, the European Commission announced that it reached an agreement with the US to allow the import of more hormone-free US beef.

So yes, the EU does protect our food standards, and yes, that protection runs out on 31st October.... maybe....

Because the poor defenceless UK is not able to protect itself against importing certain types of beef and keeping food standards up to par. We need our hands holding like a five-year-old kid. The lack of faith some people have in the UK 'running itself' is astounding. We don't need the EU to spoon-feed us certain laws.

As here you mean:

US says 'no free trade deal with UK unless digital tax scrapped'

The threat had been "communicated to the UK government at multiple levels", the newspaper said, quoting a source as saying: "The message was, 'if you go ahead and introduce this tax, we will not begin free trade negotiations with you'."

(Sky News)
McAz

Postby jra » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:19 pm

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Good, fuck off.

Back at you. Fucknut.
jra

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:20 pm

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
McAz wrote:Well, the facts concerning the Winter of Discontent was that it was not government policy, unlike joining the ERM, thus rendering your comparison of the two inaccurate and pointless. Fact. :thumbsup:

Long dead and buried. :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Oh, forgive me. A whole 3 days. I'm so, so sorry I can't post here all day every day. And anyway it's usually you that trolls me first. Look in the mirror son.

You appear manic, jra - please calm down.
McAz

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:21 pm

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
Stooo wrote:Good, fuck off.

Back at you. Fucknut.

Why are you reacting so strangely, jra - something wrong?
McAz

Postby jra » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:25 pm

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

As here you mean:

The threat had been "communicated to the UK government at multiple levels", the newspaper said, quoting a source as saying: "The message was, 'if you go ahead and introduce this tax, we will not begin free trade negotiations with you'."

(Sky News)

If you can't be arsed to provide a link, I can't be arsed to comment on that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Takes you five seconds to copy and paste a link.
jra

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:26 pm

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

As here you mean:

(Sky News)

If you can't be arsed to provide a link, I can't be arsed to comment on that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Takes you five seconds to copy and post a link.

Had you not heard that news before I posted it? :dunno:
McAz

Re: Bravo Boys

Postby Fletch » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:30 pm

Can canny and raven's continuous spam and trolling about Russia in news be moved in to this one as well please?
Fletch

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms