UK massive power cut, cyber attack?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: UK massive power cut, cyber attack?

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:53 am

UK power cut: National Grid promises to learn lessons from blackout
National Grid has said it will "learn the lessons" after nearly one million people across England and Wales lost power on Friday.

But director of operations Duncan Burt told the BBC that its systems "worked well" after the "incredibly rare event" of two power stations disconnecting.

He said he did not believe that a cyber-attack or unpredictable wind power generation were to blame.

Regulator Ofgem has demanded an "urgent detailed report" into what went wrong.

It said it could take enforcement action, including a fine, after train passengers were stranded, traffic lights failed to work and thousands of homes were plunged into darkness during the blackout.

Some train services continued to be disrupted on Saturday morning.

The power outage happened at about 17:00 BST on Friday, National Grid said, with blackouts across the Midlands, the South East, South West, North West and north east of England, and Wales.

National Grid said its systems were not to blame and the outage was caused by the loss of two generators.

Industry experts said that a gas-fired power station at Little Barford, Bedfordshire, failed at 16:58, followed, two minutes later, by the Hornsea offshore wind farm disconnecting from the grid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49302996
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: UK massive oer cut, cyber attack?

Postby jra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:11 pm

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
McAz wrote:What don't you agree with Rees-Mogg, Boris, Farage, et al on then?

Whatever it is I don't agree with. I'm not going into a deep analysis of all the political in and outs just for an internet forum. You and Stooo are wasting enough of my time already. I said what I think, just agree to disagree. Whatever is said on here isn't going to change anything anyway.

Plus, I'm getting sick of having to edit every bloody post because you may only embed 5 quotes.

So you don't agree with Rees-Mogg, Boris, Farage except on Brexit but you wont say on what or why. :pmsl:

I agree with the principle of Brexit. That's it. Whoever else is in favour I'm not accountable to them.
jra

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:18 pm

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:

Whatever it is I don't agree with. I'm not going into a deep analysis of all the political in and outs just for an internet forum. You and Stooo are wasting enough of my time already. I said what I think, just agree to disagree. Whatever is said on here isn't going to change anything anyway.

Plus, I'm getting sick of having to edit every bloody post because you may only embed 5 quotes.

So you don't agree with Rees-Mogg, Boris, Farage except on Brexit but you wont say on what or why. :pmsl:

I agree with the principle of Brexit. That's it. Whoever else is in favour I'm not accountable to them.

Why? What is good about it? Please let me know because I can't seem to get the answers from anyone of you pro-Brexit chaps.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:19 pm

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:

So you support Rees-Mogg, Boris, Farage et al to execute that "principle" irrespective of how they do it?
McAz

Postby Cobs » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Well Gridwatch is certainly riveting.
https://gridwatch.co.uk/demand/percent

I've been trying to work out power generation % fom the graphs
Gas - 33
Nuclear - 17
Wind - 15
Biomass - 5
Solar - 5
Hydro - 3
Coal - 2
Imported from the eu - 10
Cobs

Postby jra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:40 pm

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:

So you support Rees-Mogg, Boris, Farage et al to execute that "principle" irrespective of how they do it?

Like a dog with a bone. Question already answered.
jra

Postby McAz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:47 pm

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:I agree with the principle of Brexit. That's it. Whoever else is in favour I'm not accountable to them.

Like a dog with a bone. Question already answered.

But the fact remains...

...since your answer was disingenuous.
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Didn’t feel a thing! When did it happen?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:46 pm

LordRaven wrote:
jra wrote:
McAz wrote:

Why? What is good about it? Please let me know because I can't seem to get the answers from anyone of you pro-Brexit chaps.

Independence.
Lady Murasaki

Postby jra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:46 pm

LordRaven wrote:
jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:

Better rights for our fishermen and farmers. Both the CFP and CAP haven't worked out very well for the UK IMO.

No more laws or rules made for us by the 'voting by majority/country system' the EU uses, by countries where we didn't elect their MPs.

We can shed a load of MEPs who are on a gravy train and get perks that most people can only dream of.

As we haven't signed the Schengen Agreement, it won't make a difference in terms of travel if we leave the EU.

As we never adopted the Euro, again no difference if we're in or out of the EU.

No more monetary net import/subsidies to other poorer EU members.

The main thing is we keep our trading agreements as we had back in the early as the EEA/EEC and ditch a load of EU red tape.
jra

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:49 pm

McAz wrote:
You align yourself with the far-right, the rich, and the posh - it is they who lead the Brexit movement. That's your choice - but don't complain when people label you gammon.

You align yourself with Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, GlaxoSmithKline, Citigroup, Airbus and Lloyds who all funded the Remain campaign.

You made me laugh though so well done.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Text » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:55 pm

The power cut didn't affect us.

We get very brief outages occasionally, which are no great inconvenience in themselves - but the security alarms in the entire street start going off simultaneously- setting off all the dogs who then howl in unison. Eerie.

Then when it's restored, long forgotten indoors appliances start bleeping lmao !! :pointlaugh:
Text

Postby jra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
McAz wrote:
You align yourself with the far-right, the rich, and the posh - it is they who lead the Brexit movement. That's your choice - but don't complain when people label you gammon.

You align yourself with Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, GlaxoSmithKline, Citigroup, Airbus and Lloyds who all funded the Remain campaign.

McAz doing their usual trolling.

Challenge and question everything, often multiple times when the question has been answered and/or isn't required by law for an answer.

Expects answers to all questions, but often doesn't answer questions themselves.

Play dumb when it's convenient.

Twist words.

False accusations.

etc.
jra

Postby McAz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
McAz wrote:

You think Brexit strikes a blow against Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, GlaxoSmithKline, Citigroup, Airbus and Lloyds? :pmsl:
McAz

Postby McAz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:03 pm

jra wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
McAz wrote:

McAz doing their usual trolling.

Challenge and question everything, often multiple times when the question has been answered and/or isn't required by law for an answer.

Expects answers to all questions, but often doesn't answer questions themselves.

Play dumb when it's convenient.

Twist words.

False accusations.

etc.

All you need to do is answer with honesty and transparency? :dunno:

("isn't required by law") :pmsl:
Last edited by McAz on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms