DS Thread #116

Big Threads

Re: DS Thread #116

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Guest wrote:https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/94528100#Comment_94528100

Hildaonpulto has become unbearably pretentious recently.

It feels like someone else has taken ownership of the account. I'm sure their posting style used to be completely different.

He’s a bit of a perv. He was telling women that men are allowed to harass them, because he personally gets an erection at the thought of men harassing him.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:Sweet fucking Jesus, can we start a dedicated thread for the gender studies snoozefest and keep this one for the "fun" of bitching about DS?

Calm your tits, I'm on it...

It seem pointless when we can’t discuss the main cause of the problems men face, without some getting all huffy over it.

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:Sweet fucking Jesus, can we start a dedicated thread for the gender studies snoozefest and keep this one for the "fun" of bitching about DS?

It seem pointless when we can’t discuss the main cause of the problems men face, without some getting all huffy over it.

Indeed, take it to the 'what's it like to be a man' thread because you are talking utter bollocks on this one and your posts will be disapproved.

Bloody MRAs... :again?:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Stooo wrote:

Haha, sorry Stoo. You are a good egg, I just got exapserated for a moment there. I mean, it's actually a very important discussion to have but sometimes a person needs to take a day off and just have a good old fashioned bitch and moan about idiots on the interent. The two issues ARE intwined but we've gone over and over the same points and it's just a circle jerk now.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Not getting huffy, there is just a time and a place for all things imho.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Nucks wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:From Urban Dictionary-

Toxic Femininity
A social science term that describes narrow repressive type of ideas about the female gender role, that defines femininity as exaggerated feminine traits like being sensitive, emotional, having a perfect appearance, and so forth.

One can be feminine without being toxic.

Some beliefs of toxic femininity are:

- Putting your hands on, abusing, and physically assaulting men and then using your "woman card" to get out of being hit back or getting in trouble.

- Body shaming (e.g. who's butt is bigger, who's ugly, who's fat, who's too skinny, etc.).

- Giving people sex and affection in return for money ("Gold Digger").

- Prioritizing your appearance above everything else in your life.

- Jealousy towards other women
Toxic Femininity used in a sentence:

Woman: I don't need your toxic femininity to tell me how to look and that I need a man.

Toxic Femininity used in a scenario:

A woman hits a man for sitting with his legs spread, the man hits back.
Woman: Hey! You can't hit a woman!
Man: You hit me first, it was self defense.
Woman and other people: Coward!

Lmao none of that even makes sense and was clearly written by a mgtow. He even included a jab about manspreading. That’s so pathetic.

Toxic masculinity had been pervasive throughout history. It’s responsible for most violence and rapes. Look up rape in places like the Congo. Men claim it’s their right to rape women. They look down on anything feminine and see masculinity as the ability to hurt others. That’s toxic masculinity.

“Toxic feminity” is apparently about having sex for money :woteva:

Men are the ones who paint women as the weaker sex and often dismiss female on male violence. You can’t have it both ways. Women are also the biggest victims of DV and are murdered every week by a male partner. Even if “toxic femininity” happened to be a thing, it would still be way behind toxic masculinity.

Body shaming is also something men do. The site mentioned before includes millions of men and has so much “do you even lift brah?” type of comments. They literally bullied a young boy to death and regularly encourage men who aren’t “Chads” to “take the rope”.

Women prioritising their appearance is being put up there with encouraging rape and suicide now?

You’re truly a sad creature SaturnV. Go back to calling all women evil bitches on ds.

But it's Urban Dictionary. :laughing: :laughing:

Plenty of other sources out there that cover it also. Seems a fairly good description I’d say. Urban dictionary is actually fairly good on these descriptors for all sorts of stuff.

Seems people pretended it wasn’t a thing and get all upset when someone delivers what they ask for. :pmsl:

Postby guest » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:35 pm

Postby Nucks » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:From Urban Dictionary-

Toxic Femininity
A social science term that describes narrow repressive type of ideas about the female gender role, that defines femininity as exaggerated feminine traits like being sensitive, emotional, having a perfect appearance, and so forth.

One can be feminine without being toxic.

Some beliefs of toxic femininity are:

- Putting your hands on, abusing, and physically assaulting men and then using your "woman card" to get out of being hit back or getting in trouble.

- Body shaming (e.g. who's butt is bigger, who's ugly, who's fat, who's too skinny, etc.).

- Giving people sex and affection in return for money ("Gold Digger").

- Prioritizing your appearance above everything else in your life.

- Jealousy towards other women
Toxic Femininity used in a sentence:

Woman: I don't need your toxic femininity to tell me how to look and that I need a man.

Toxic Femininity used in a scenario:

A woman hits a man for sitting with his legs spread, the man hits back.
Woman: Hey! You can't hit a woman!
Man: You hit me first, it was self defense.
Woman and other people: Coward!

Lmao none of that even makes sense and was clearly written by a mgtow. He even included a jab about manspreading. That’s so pathetic.

Toxic masculinity had been pervasive throughout history. It’s responsible for most violence and rapes. Look up rape in places like the Congo. Men claim it’s their right to rape women. They look down on anything feminine and see masculinity as the ability to hurt others. That’s toxic masculinity.

“Toxic feminity” is apparently about having sex for money :woteva:

Men are the ones who paint women as the weaker sex and often dismiss female on male violence. You can’t have it both ways. Women are also the biggest victims of DV and are murdered every week by a male partner. Even if “toxic femininity” happened to be a thing, it would still be way behind toxic masculinity.

Body shaming is also something men do. The site mentioned before includes millions of men and has so much “do you even lift brah?” type of comments. They literally bullied a young boy to death and regularly encourage men who aren’t “Chads” to “take the rope”.

Women prioritising their appearance is being put up there with encouraging rape and suicide now?

You’re truly a sad creature SaturnV. Go back to calling all women evil bitches on ds.

But it's Urban Dictionary. :laughing: :laughing:

Plenty of other sources out there that cover it also. Seems a fairly good description I’d say. Urban dictionary is actually fairly good on these descriptors for all sorts of stuff.

Seems people pretended it wasn’t a thing and get all upset when someone delivers what they ask for. :pmsl:

I'm not upset, just laughing at the examples given..:gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:59 pm

Longshot, one of the mos insidious and unpleasant wind-up merchants on DS, has a go at SULLA for being rude: https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_94530785

:shell: :hand:

Postby .SF. » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:38 am

Guest wrote:Theres no such thing on the same level as toxic masculinity. Why don’t you tell us what it involves?

All I can really say on this is that anyone might have an evil streak in them and act on it, be they a man or a woman.
.SF.

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 am

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_94531020

If DS rules were properly enforced with consistency users like FrankDebrib would have long ago been banned. His rudeness is actually shocking.

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:15 am

.SF. wrote:
Guest wrote:Theres no such thing on the same level as toxic masculinity. Why don’t you tell us what it involves?

All I can really say on this is that anyone might have an evil streak in them and act on it, be they a man or a woman.

Toxic masculinity leads to more harm and crime in society than anything you’ve listed.

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:22 am

.SF. wrote:

You need to take this seriously
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c008q ... stic-abuse

Postby .SF. » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:00 am

Guest wrote:
.SF. wrote:

Toxic masculinity leads to more harm and crime in society than anything you’ve listed.

I know that men are more likely to carry out violent crime than women, there's no doubt about that. I suppose my issue is with your use of the term toxic masculinity. It seems to be an abstract notion, yet it carries the implication that masculinity or the state of being male is in itself somehow a 'toxic' condition. I'm sure you don't really think that - or perhaps you do? My point is that both men and women can behave in ways that can be described as toxic (ie evil, menacing, harmful etc). Of course you are right to say that most physical violence is carried out by men.
.SF.

Postby .SF. » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:19 am

Guest wrote:
.SF. wrote:

You need to take this seriously
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c008q ... stic-abuse

I do take things like this seriously, not least because part of my work has been to review how effectively my local police force has handled crime and dealt with the risk to victims. The types of crime I look at range from low level public order through to serious assault and beyond. One area that has been overlooked to some degree but has recently had the spotlight on it including new laws being passed is where a victim, usually a woman, becomes the target of stalking or other ongoing harassment, or - when in a relationship - coercive control. In the latter case the woman might remain silent through fear, and in some cases, suffer ongoing physical abuse as well.
.SF.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive