Bargains!

A right load of bollocks...

Bargains!

Postby Gabby » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Donut peaches... pack of 6 for 39p in Lidl! :wubwub:.... I bought 4 packs cos he can eat a pack at a time, so I may just get one peach out of it! :laughing:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 21115
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Bargains!

Postby Gabby » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:32 pm

Anyone use Elbow grease spray?.... cheap from Poundstretcher/Home Bargains/B&M, less than a quid...... love it, just removed felt pen and biro from leather sofa..... great for all kinds of things..... ‘Pink Stuff’ too! :thumbsup:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 21115
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Bargains!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Tub of 100 urine analysis strips. No ones getting out of here without a full set of observations and a urine analysis! So much can be told from them and it amazes me when people have been to the doctors and he hasn't even done the basics. You can tell so much from. The state of the kidneys, and the heart. Presence of infection and diabetes. £7.70 Amazon. Bargain.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Bargains!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Radley are having a fab sale, I got a new bag and matching purse, just small ones for going out in the evening for less than £150 for the pair. :canny:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Bargains!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Guest wrote:Tub of 100 urine analysis strips. No ones getting out of here without a full set of observations and a urine analysis! So much can be told from them and it amazes me when people have been to the doctors and he hasn't even done the basics. You can tell so much from. The state of the kidneys, and the heart. Presence of infection and diabetes. £7.70 Amazon. Bargain.


Isn't there a risk of unduly scaring yourself though, bit like when you google symptoms? :ooer:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Bargains!

Postby Gabby » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Guest wrote:Tub of 100 urine analysis strips. No ones getting out of here without a full set of observations and a urine analysis! So much can be told from them and it amazes me when people have been to the doctors and he hasn't even done the basics. You can tell so much from. The state of the kidneys, and the heart. Presence of infection and diabetes. £7.70 Amazon. Bargain.


So true... you can tell all sorts from a simple dipstick :thumbsup:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 21115
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Bargains!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Gabby wrote:
Guest wrote:Tub of 100 urine analysis strips. No ones getting out of here without a full set of observations and a urine analysis! So much can be told from them and it amazes me when people have been to the doctors and he hasn't even done the basics. You can tell so much from. The state of the kidneys, and the heart. Presence of infection and diabetes. £7.70 Amazon. Bargain.


So true... you can tell all sorts from a simple dipstick :thumbsup:



From your posts we can tell that you ARE a simple dipstick. :laughing:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Bargains!

Postby Gabby » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Guest wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Guest wrote:Tub of 100 urine analysis strips. No ones getting out of here without a full set of observations and a urine analysis! So much can be told from them and it amazes me when people have been to the doctors and he hasn't even done the basics. You can tell so much from. The state of the kidneys, and the heart. Presence of infection and diabetes. £7.70 Amazon. Bargain.


So true... you can tell all sorts from a simple dipstick :thumbsup:



From your posts we can tell that you ARE a simple dipstick. :laughing:


Thank you... that’s probably the best compliment I’ve had all day! :wubwub:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 21115
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Bargains!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Grissini herby breadsticks are going cheap as chips (or breadsticks :laughing: ) in B&M, 79p for three boxes. :wink:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Bargains!

Postby McAz » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Guest wrote:Grissini herby breadsticks are going cheap as chips (or breadsticks :laughing: ) in B&M, 79p for three boxes. :wink:

B&M don't carry the same stock everywhere, so unless you give the location...
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 41633
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Bargains!

Postby Gabby » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Home Bargains sell Jacobs flatbreads, salt and pepper.... a nice thin crisp cracker :thumbsup:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 21115
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Bargains!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Gabby wrote:Home Bargains sell Jacobs flatbreads, salt and pepper.... a nice thin crisp cracker :thumbsup:



They do, perfick with thinly sliced cheese. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Bargains!

Postby Gabby » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Guest wrote:Grissini herby breadsticks are going cheap as chips (or breadsticks :laughing: ) in B&M, 79p for three boxes. :wink:


B&M have some fab wallpaper in... I have to walk past or I’d be changing every room again! :laughing:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 21115
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Bargains!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Tub of 100 urine analysis strips. No ones getting out of here without a full set of observations and a urine analysis! So much can be told from them and it amazes me when people have been to the doctors and he hasn't even done the basics. You can tell so much from. The state of the kidneys, and the heart. Presence of infection and diabetes. £7.70 Amazon. Bargain.


Isn't there a risk of unduly scaring yourself though, bit like when you google symptoms? :ooer:

No. Because they're accurate. And a lot of diseases do not have symptoms until it's too late. At least if something is detected early you might be able to delay it. Or get life insurance before it goes on your health record.


A dipstick — a thin, plastic stick with strips of chemicals on it — is placed in the urine to detect abnormalities. The chemical strips change color if certain substances are present or if their levels are above normal. A dipstick test checks for:

Acidity (pH). The pH level indicates the amount of acid in urine. Abnormal pH levels may indicate a kidney or urinary tract disorder.
Concentration. A measure of concentration, or specific gravity, shows how concentrated particles are in your urine. A higher than normal concentration often is a result of not drinking enough fluids.
Protein. Low levels of protein in urine are normal. Small increases in protein in urine usually aren't a cause for concern, but larger amounts may indicate a kidney problem.
Sugar. Normally the amount of sugar (glucose) in urine is too low to be detected. Any detection of sugar on this test usually calls for follow-up testing for diabetes.
Ketones. As with sugar, any amount of ketones detected in your urine could be a sign of diabetes and requires follow-up testing.
Bilirubin. Bilirubin is a product of red blood cell breakdown. Normally, bilirubin is carried in the blood and passes into your liver, where it's removed and becomes part of bile. Bilirubin in your urine may indicate liver damage or disease.
Evidence of infection. If either nitrites or leukocyte esterase — a product of white blood cells — is detected in your urine, it may be a sign of a urinary tract infection.
Blood. Blood in your urine requires additional testing — it may be a sign of kidney damage, infection, kidney or bladder stones, kidney or bladder cancer, or blood disorders.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Bargains!

Postby Gabby » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Tub of 100 urine analysis strips. No ones getting out of here without a full set of observations and a urine analysis! So much can be told from them and it amazes me when people have been to the doctors and he hasn't even done the basics. You can tell so much from. The state of the kidneys, and the heart. Presence of infection and diabetes. £7.70 Amazon. Bargain.


Isn't there a risk of unduly scaring yourself though, bit like when you google symptoms? :ooer:

No. Because they're accurate. And a lot of diseases do not have symptoms until it's too late. At least if something is detected early you might be able to delay it. Or get life insurance before it goes on your health record.


A dipstick — a thin, plastic stick with strips of chemicals on it — is placed in the urine to detect abnormalities. The chemical strips change color if certain substances are present or if their levels are above normal. A dipstick test checks for:

Acidity (pH). The pH level indicates the amount of acid in urine. Abnormal pH levels may indicate a kidney or urinary tract disorder.
Concentration. A measure of concentration, or specific gravity, shows how concentrated particles are in your urine. A higher than normal concentration often is a result of not drinking enough fluids.
Protein. Low levels of protein in urine are normal. Small increases in protein in urine usually aren't a cause for concern, but larger amounts may indicate a kidney problem.
Sugar. Normally the amount of sugar (glucose) in urine is too low to be detected. Any detection of sugar on this test usually calls for follow-up testing for diabetes.
Ketones. As with sugar, any amount of ketones detected in your urine could be a sign of diabetes and requires follow-up testing.
Bilirubin. Bilirubin is a product of red blood cell breakdown. Normally, bilirubin is carried in the blood and passes into your liver, where it's removed and becomes part of bile. Bilirubin in your urine may indicate liver damage or disease.
Evidence of infection. If either nitrites or leukocyte esterase — a product of white blood cells — is detected in your urine, it may be a sign of a urinary tract infection.
Blood. Blood in your urine requires additional testing — it may be a sign of kidney damage, infection, kidney or bladder stones, kidney or bladder cancer, or blood disorders.


Yes, a good indication to your health :thumbsup:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 21115
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: calitom, dr synne and 13 guests