Bargains!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Bargains!

Postby Gabby » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Guest wrote:
Gabby wrote:Home Bargains sell Jacobs flatbreads, salt and pepper.... a nice thin crisp cracker :thumbsup:



They do, perfick with thinly sliced cheese. :thumbsup:


Very moreish aren’t they :mrgreen: .... I love them with cottage cheese, especially the one with pineapple :wubwub:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 19630
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Bargains!

Postby LordRaven » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Gabby wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Tub of 100 urine analysis strips. No ones getting out of here without a full set of observations and a urine analysis! So much can be told from them and it amazes me when people have been to the doctors and he hasn't even done the basics. You can tell so much from. The state of the kidneys, and the heart. Presence of infection and diabetes. £7.70 Amazon. Bargain.


Isn't there a risk of unduly scaring yourself though, bit like when you google symptoms? :ooer:

No. Because they're accurate. And a lot of diseases do not have symptoms until it's too late. At least if something is detected early you might be able to delay it. Or get life insurance before it goes on your health record.


A dipstick — a thin, plastic stick with strips of chemicals on it — is placed in the urine to detect abnormalities. The chemical strips change color if certain substances are present or if their levels are above normal. A dipstick test checks for:

Acidity (pH). The pH level indicates the amount of acid in urine. Abnormal pH levels may indicate a kidney or urinary tract disorder.
Concentration. A measure of concentration, or specific gravity, shows how concentrated particles are in your urine. A higher than normal concentration often is a result of not drinking enough fluids.
Protein. Low levels of protein in urine are normal. Small increases in protein in urine usually aren't a cause for concern, but larger amounts may indicate a kidney problem.
Sugar. Normally the amount of sugar (glucose) in urine is too low to be detected. Any detection of sugar on this test usually calls for follow-up testing for diabetes.
Ketones. As with sugar, any amount of ketones detected in your urine could be a sign of diabetes and requires follow-up testing.
Bilirubin. Bilirubin is a product of red blood cell breakdown. Normally, bilirubin is carried in the blood and passes into your liver, where it's removed and becomes part of bile. Bilirubin in your urine may indicate liver damage or disease.
Evidence of infection. If either nitrites or leukocyte esterase — a product of white blood cells — is detected in your urine, it may be a sign of a urinary tract infection.
Blood. Blood in your urine requires additional testing — it may be a sign of kidney damage, infection, kidney or bladder stones, kidney or bladder cancer, or blood disorders.


Yes, a good indication to your health :thumbsup:

These sound interesting
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 33884
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Bargains!

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:30 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Tub of 100 urine analysis strips. No ones getting out of here without a full set of observations and a urine analysis! So much can be told from them and it amazes me when people have been to the doctors and he hasn't even done the basics. You can tell so much from. The state of the kidneys, and the heart. Presence of infection and diabetes. £7.70 Amazon. Bargain.


Isn't there a risk of unduly scaring yourself though, bit like when you google symptoms? :ooer:

No. Because they're accurate. And a lot of diseases do not have symptoms until it's too late. At least if something is detected early you might be able to delay it. Or get life insurance before it goes on your health record.


A dipstick — a thin, plastic stick with strips of chemicals on it — is placed in the urine to detect abnormalities. The chemical strips change color if certain substances are present or if their levels are above normal. A dipstick test checks for:

Acidity (pH). The pH level indicates the amount of acid in urine. Abnormal pH levels may indicate a kidney or urinary tract disorder.
Concentration. A measure of concentration, or specific gravity, shows how concentrated particles are in your urine. A higher than normal concentration often is a result of not drinking enough fluids.
Protein. Low levels of protein in urine are normal. Small increases in protein in urine usually aren't a cause for concern, but larger amounts may indicate a kidney problem.
Sugar. Normally the amount of sugar (glucose) in urine is too low to be detected. Any detection of sugar on this test usually calls for follow-up testing for diabetes.
Ketones. As with sugar, any amount of ketones detected in your urine could be a sign of diabetes and requires follow-up testing.
Bilirubin. Bilirubin is a product of red blood cell breakdown. Normally, bilirubin is carried in the blood and passes into your liver, where it's removed and becomes part of bile. Bilirubin in your urine may indicate liver damage or disease.
Evidence of infection. If either nitrites or leukocyte esterase — a product of white blood cells — is detected in your urine, it may be a sign of a urinary tract infection.
Blood. Blood in your urine requires additional testing — it may be a sign of kidney damage, infection, kidney or bladder stones, kidney or bladder cancer, or blood disorders.


Yes, a good indication to your health :thumbsup:

These sound interesting


Until they tell you that you have shit diabetes control, again.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 92089
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Bollocks To Brexit

Re: Bargains!

Postby LordRaven » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:42 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Isn't there a risk of unduly scaring yourself though, bit like when you google symptoms? :ooer:

No. Because they're accurate. And a lot of diseases do not have symptoms until it's too late. At least if something is detected early you might be able to delay it. Or get life insurance before it goes on your health record.


A dipstick — a thin, plastic stick with strips of chemicals on it — is placed in the urine to detect abnormalities. The chemical strips change color if certain substances are present or if their levels are above normal. A dipstick test checks for:

Acidity (pH). The pH level indicates the amount of acid in urine. Abnormal pH levels may indicate a kidney or urinary tract disorder.
Concentration. A measure of concentration, or specific gravity, shows how concentrated particles are in your urine. A higher than normal concentration often is a result of not drinking enough fluids.
Protein. Low levels of protein in urine are normal. Small increases in protein in urine usually aren't a cause for concern, but larger amounts may indicate a kidney problem.
Sugar. Normally the amount of sugar (glucose) in urine is too low to be detected. Any detection of sugar on this test usually calls for follow-up testing for diabetes.
Ketones. As with sugar, any amount of ketones detected in your urine could be a sign of diabetes and requires follow-up testing.
Bilirubin. Bilirubin is a product of red blood cell breakdown. Normally, bilirubin is carried in the blood and passes into your liver, where it's removed and becomes part of bile. Bilirubin in your urine may indicate liver damage or disease.
Evidence of infection. If either nitrites or leukocyte esterase — a product of white blood cells — is detected in your urine, it may be a sign of a urinary tract infection.
Blood. Blood in your urine requires additional testing — it may be a sign of kidney damage, infection, kidney or bladder stones, kidney or bladder cancer, or blood disorders.


Yes, a good indication to your health :thumbsup:

These sound interesting


Until they tell you that you have shit diabetes control, again.

That is the point, they'd be useful for people like me.
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 33884
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Bargains!

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:45 pm

LordRaven wrote:That is the point, they'd be useful for people like me.


If you used them.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 92089
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Bollocks To Brexit

Re: Bargains!

Postby LordRaven » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:That is the point, they'd be useful for people like me.


If you used them.


Like I test blood regularly :whistle:
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 33884
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Bargains!

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:13 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:That is the point, they'd be useful for people like me.


If you used them.


Like I test blood regularly :whistle:


Checking that there isn't blood in your piss is not testing.

I'm back in late September, prepare your liver! :monkey:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 92089
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Bollocks To Brexit

Re: Bargains!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 pm

They'll be good for you Raven as you'll be at higher risk of kidney disease.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Bargains!

Postby LordRaven » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:That is the point, they'd be useful for people like me.


If you used them.


Like I test blood regularly :whistle:


Checking that there isn't blood in your piss is not testing.

I'm back in late September, prepare your liver! :monkey:


I'll dry my kidneys and liver out on the radiator beforehand
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 33884
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Bargains!

Postby Dean » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Gabby wrote:Home Bargains sell Jacobs flatbreads, salt and pepper.... a nice thin crisp cracker :thumbsup:



They do, perfick with thinly sliced cheese. :thumbsup:


Perfick? Strange word. Someone else used to use that exact word too... :whistle:
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 41477
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Bargains!

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:07 pm

Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:
Gabby wrote:Home Bargains sell Jacobs flatbreads, salt and pepper.... a nice thin crisp cracker :thumbsup:



They do, perfick with thinly sliced cheese. :thumbsup:


Perfick? Strange word. Someone else used to use that exact word too... :whistle:



Pop Larkin :thumbsup:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Bargains!

Postby Dean » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:09 pm

Guest wrote:
Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:
Gabby wrote:Home Bargains sell Jacobs flatbreads, salt and pepper.... a nice thin crisp cracker :thumbsup:



They do, perfick with thinly sliced cheese. :thumbsup:


Perfick? Strange word. Someone else used to use that exact word too... :whistle:



Pop Larkin :thumbsup:


Was he a deformed scouse weirdo too?
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 41477
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Bargains!

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:
Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:
Gabby wrote:Home Bargains sell Jacobs flatbreads, salt and pepper.... a nice thin crisp cracker :thumbsup:



They do, perfick with thinly sliced cheese. :thumbsup:


Perfick? Strange word. Someone else used to use that exact word too... :whistle:



Pop Larkin :thumbsup:


Was he a deformed scouse weirdo too?



What?

Darling Buds of May, was a tv series. David Jason, Pam Ferris, Catherine Zeta Jones :wink:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Bargains!

Postby Dean » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:46 pm

Guest wrote:What?

Darling Buds of May, was a tv series. David Jason, Pam Ferris, Catherine Zeta Jones :wink:


Why are you winking you weirdo? :off head:
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 41477
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Bargains!

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:49 pm

Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:What?

Darling Buds of May, was a tv series. David Jason, Pam Ferris, Catherine Zeta Jones :wink:


Why are you winking you weirdo? :off head:



Catherine Zeta Jones, you asexual weirdo :pmsl:
User avatar
Guest
 

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Passionwagon and 15 guests