It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:37 pm

Nucks wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Nucks wrote:I find I get bugger all done when it's hot. No wonder they siesta in warmer countries. :thud:


It makes sense, kip during the hottest part of the day and work again till its cool and have another kip.

I think circadian rhythms change automatically when you go and live in hot countries


I crashed upstairs for about 3-4 hrs today. I'll probably not sleep well tonight. :grrrrr: Ah well.

The only hot places I've been to are Mexico and Hawaii. Beautiful as they are, I wouldn't want to live there unless I had a/c.


Nice places not to want to live :smilin: I have never been to Hawaii or Mexico, I am jealous :mrgreen:
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 34126
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby Gabby » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:33 pm

xtras1 wrote:Gabby would love it :cool:


I sure do.... been giving the factor 20 some hammer! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 19839
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:56 pm

My genetics are Northern European which means I fucking hate this weather!
Roll on autumn.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 9269
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby jra » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:57 am

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I'm not keen. I did go out earlier but I felt terrible walking home. Can't wait for Wednesday when it's going to be a lot cooler.

Fortunately it's dropping here tomorrow - just in time to visit the international market in Carlisle. (No big deal for cosmopolitan types - but for us simple folk, ooooh....)


Hotter here tomorrow, pubs on the river methinks. Not had one drop today, made some Gazpacho and filled myself up with that cool refreshing filling drink.


I recall how hot it gets in London - people would just stop and sit down in the street it became so overwhelming at times.

You'd think it was cool here - but for those of us who've acclimatized to colder climes it's bloody awful.


Live firing attacks, with 81mm mortars, 50 Cals and SF overhead supporting fire, whilst skirmishing 300 metres toward and up a kopje with a severe case of dysentry when dressed in full combat gear quite near the equator was far more oppressive.
We must have been fucking mad.


Part of the job description, plus having a tapeworm inside and a few leeches stuck to you.

There is me struggling along in spider mode on Crib Goch with a light backpack and then come along 3 or 4 soldiers with heavy rucksacks walking and balancing themselves on the top of this ridge (about a foot wide at most) with their hands on the top of their heads like they were taking a stroll along the local road. Amazing doesn't cover it. That takes some fucking balls. Being in the military is OK I guess if you're based at barracks, not so good when people are trying to kill you.
Last edited by jra on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 17689
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby LordRaven » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:05 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:My genetics are Northern European which means I fucking hate this weather!
Roll on autumn.


Have you done the tests then?
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 34126
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:25 am

I'm going to be like those bores on DS but sorry, I hate this kind of weather. I wish I didn't, I wish I could enjoy it like everyone else seems to but it just makes me unwell. That said I do hope everyone is having a lovely Bank Holiday weekend, we deserve it.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby LordRaven » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:46 pm

Bloody hell it is hot out there :awesome:
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 34126
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby jra » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:51 pm

LordRaven wrote:Bloody hell it is hot out there :awesome:


So stay in and get pissed. Then you won't care either way.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 17689
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:06 pm

Enjoy it? It’s too bloody hot to even argue!
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 30173
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:08 pm

jra wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
I recall how hot it gets in London - people would just stop and sit down in the street it became so overwhelming at times.

You'd think it was cool here - but for those of us who've acclimatized to colder climes it's bloody awful.


Live firing attacks, with 81mm mortars, 50 Cals and SF overhead supporting fire, whilst skirmishing 300 metres toward and up a kopje with a severe case of dysentry when dressed in full combat gear quite near the equator was far more oppressive.
We must have been fucking mad.


Part of the job description, plus having a tapeworm inside and a few leeches stuck to you.

There is me struggling along in spider mode on Crib Goch with a light backpack and then come along 3 or 4 soldiers with heavy rucksacks walking and balancing themselves on the top of this ridge (about a foot wide at most) with their hands on the top of their heads like they were taking a stroll along the local road. Amazing doesn't cover it. That takes some fucking balls. Being in the military is OK I guess if you're based at barracks, not so good when people are trying to kill you.


Bunch of pansies, try having a heavy period in the sweltering heat.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 30173
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby jra » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
I recall how hot it gets in London - people would just stop and sit down in the street it became so overwhelming at times.

You'd think it was cool here - but for those of us who've acclimatized to colder climes it's bloody awful.


Live firing attacks, with 81mm mortars, 50 Cals and SF overhead supporting fire, whilst skirmishing 300 metres toward and up a kopje with a severe case of dysentry when dressed in full combat gear quite near the equator was far more oppressive.
We must have been fucking mad.


Part of the job description, plus having a tapeworm inside and a few leeches stuck to you.

There is me struggling along in spider mode on Crib Goch with a light backpack and then come along 3 or 4 soldiers with heavy rucksacks walking and balancing themselves on the top of this ridge (about a foot wide at most) with their hands on the top of their heads like they were taking a stroll along the local road. Amazing doesn't cover it. That takes some fucking balls. Being in the military is OK I guess if you're based at barracks, not so good when people are trying to kill you.


Bunch of pansies, try having a heavy period in the sweltering heat.


For either sex, there are advantages and disadvantages. Dare I ask, what difference does it make whether it's hot or cold weather?
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 17689
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:24 pm

It’s very uncomfortable to do anything in the extreme heat, when you aren’t used to it. But dealing with your own body temp rising and a physical discomfort is a bloody nightmare. Literally.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 30173
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:22 pm

Having said that I got caught in a downpour of vertical rain earlier. It was glorious! Hopefully the temp will drop a bit now.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 30173
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby guest » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:31 pm

LordRaven wrote::awesome: Sat in the garden basting away front and back before popping along to the shops. And that is just for a walk in light clothing just to break up the monotony and grab a few supplies --not to stockpile for Brexit but just to see what's going on out there.
It is so bloody lovely out there.


I've just done it again LR, walked to the shop and sweating like a Japanese Sumo wrestler'
I don't like it at all.
Some love the hot weather but I don't :dunno:
User avatar
guest
 

Re: It's Bloody Sweltering!!! Enjoy it all!!!

Postby guest » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:39 pm

LordRaven wrote::awesome: Sat in the garden basting away front and back before popping along to the shops. And that is just for a walk in light clothing just to break up the monotony and grab a few supplies --not to stockpile for Brexit but just to see what's going on out there.
It is so bloody lovely out there.


The suns ok until it gets too hot for me.
How do the Aussie Gold Hunters put up with 40 degree and more temperatures?
"The ground can keep it's gold before I'd do what they do" :cuppaT: :more beer:
User avatar
guest
 

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 13 guests