What does it mean to be a Man?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What does it mean to be a Man?

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:58 am

jra wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
jra wrote:Any job which is very dangerous and/or involves great strength e.g. fishing, mining, tree logging etc. is usually best suited for men. Women shouldn't be offended by that, it's just the way it is.

I remember a programme on TV where three feminists reckoned they could do tree logging in the USA/Canada (I forget which) and even they admitted after their few days on the job, that they were not up to it. It's one of the most dangerous jobs in the world.

If we plopped you in the Alaskan wilderness, do you reckon you would fit right in with the loggers and have no issues?

Or is it about training and skill rather than sex?

NastyNickers wrote:
jra wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
NN .. well said !

It’s a pet peave of mine. Women are completely capable, and there are thousands and thousands of women working every single day in construction.
There’s absolutely nothing stopping women from doing whatever the fuck they want to do.

Like fishing, mining and logging. You can't move for women in those industries.

Yeah and? What’s your point? Other than women being underrepresented in those industries? :dunno:

It's about the strength. Very few women are physically able to do the job.

You think very few women are physical able to log, mine and fish? :pmsl:
NastyNickers

Postby jra » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:44 pm

Holly wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Holly wrote:I don't mean needing a partner or husband...just a male species to help with certain things.

Are you referring to the concept of male dispensability?

There's a line of radical thinking that suggest that the majority of men are just not needed anymore. You only need a certain amount of men to be kept around to make babies (and even they can be eventually replaced) but the rest are surplus to requirements as women can do it all anyway.

I don't know anyone who thinks that way in RL though no matter what you read on the internet.

Well I'm kind of worried for the boys, it might happen sooner rather than later...Women's lib is trying to get rid of our boys all together or make them into little slave boys, do something now guys or you'll be toast in no time :mrgreen:

Have you heard of SCUM?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCUM_Manifesto
jra

Postby jra » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:49 pm

NastyNickers wrote:You think very few women are physical able to log, mine and fish? :pmsl:

Yes. Either that or they don't want to do it.
jra

Postby .SF. » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:52 pm

jra wrote:
Holly wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Holly wrote:I don't mean needing a partner or husband...just a male species to help with certain things.

There's a line of radical thinking that suggest that the majority of men are just not needed anymore. You only need a certain amount of men to be kept around to make babies (and even they can be eventually replaced) but the rest are surplus to requirements as women can do it all anyway.

I don't know anyone who thinks that way in RL though no matter what you read on the internet.

Well I'm kind of worried for the boys, it might happen sooner rather than later...Women's lib is trying to get rid of our boys all together or make them into little slave boys, do something now guys or you'll be toast in no time :mrgreen:

Have you heard of SCUM?

I take back what I said earlier about men and women being psychologically different, you two are well matched.
.SF.

Postby McAz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:55 pm

.SF. wrote:
jra wrote:
Holly wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

Have you heard of SCUM?

I take back what I said earlier about men and women being psychologically different, you two are well matched.

Hmm - comparisons are better made using norms rather than outliers.
McAz

Postby jra » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:
McAz wrote:'Women cant cope without a man' thinking is absolute nonsense. Look at how women coped during the two world wars. Look how well most single mothers cope now. Women are the stronger sex in terms of coping.

And to add some meat to these bones:

There are around 1.8 million single parents in the UK – they make up nearly a quarter of families with dependent children
Around 90 per cent of single parents are women.
The average age of a single parent is 38 years.

(Source: Gingerbread).

Not sure why a "man" like you would get so defensive at the suggestion that women still need men in their lives...unless you're actually a woman then it would make sense :mrgreen:
Cos lets face it, you're quite a mystifying little creature :srs?:

I wouldn't have minded being a woman - you got the better end of the deal. :mrgreen:

Yeah I agree with that, I wouldn't want to be a man, I think they have it a lot harder than us girls.

I've said the same many a time (or words to that effect), but if you're a man saying it you usually get a load of abuse, misogynist, woman-hater, sexist, incel, you name it.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:58 pm

.SF. wrote:
jra wrote:
Holly wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

Have you heard of SCUM?

Well-matched about what.

It doesn't mean I agree with it. :brickwall:

I'm a bloke.
jra

Postby McAz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:00 pm

jra wrote:
Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:I wouldn't have minded being a woman - you got the better end of the deal. :mrgreen:

Yeah I agree with that, I wouldn't want to be a man, I think they have it a lot harder than us girls.

I've said the same many a time (or words to that effect), but if you're a man saying it you usually get a load of abuse, misogynist, woman-hater, sexist, incel, you name it.

I said it and didn't get even a smidgen of abuse - perhaps it's the way you say things, jra? :dunno:
McAz

Postby jra » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:12 pm

McAz wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Meg wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Meg wrote:The 'women cant cope without a man' thinking is what leads to women staying in unhappy (or even abusive) relationships, or jumping from man to man.

I agree. It's a very unhealthy line of thought. People are capable of most things if they try. Some women choose not to, and some are made to feel that they can't, and shouldn't even try.

Having said that, if said partnership is happy with their life-style, then that's fine. I myself, would find it very limiting though.

Exactly this. Theres loads of stuff I am quite happy to let my husband deal with as I dont like doing it and he does.

I have redecorated a house on my own before but loathed every second of it. I've not lifted a paintbrush since :pmsl:

I have to confess. I have never attempted a DIY job in my life. I have always relied on getting a man in :mrgreen:

That said, the flush handle has just gone on my bathroom toilet. This thread made me google how to replace it and I may have a go. Then again, I may not. :shake head:

Don't - they can be are a pain in the arse to sort...

...despite what the "real" men on here might say later. :laughing:

It depends on the toilet handle.

The ones on the front of the cistern (single flush). Easy.

An example.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/euroflo-toil ... rome/8973g

But if you've got one on the top of the cistern (usually dual flush), not so easy.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Meg wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Meg wrote:
The 'women cant cope without a man' thinking is what leads to women staying in unhappy (or even abusive) relationships, or jumping from man to man.

I agree. It's a very unhealthy line of thought. People are capable of most things if they try. Some women choose not to, and some are made to feel that they can't, and shouldn't even try.

Having said that, if said partnership is happy with their life-style, then that's fine. I myself, would find it very limiting though.

Exactly this. Theres loads of stuff I am quite happy to let my husband deal with as I dont like doing it and he does.

I have redecorated a house on my own before but loathed every second of it. I've not lifted a paintbrush since :pmsl:

I have to confess. I have never attempted a DIY job in my life. I have always relied on getting a man in :mrgreen:

That said, the flush handle has just gone on my bathroom toilet. This thread made me google how to replace it and I may have a go. Then again, I may not. :shake head:

You sure about that? :mrgreen:

Who has flush handles now? It's all sensors and buttons surely? :ooer:

I do. You do know that these modern dual flush toilets don't save as much water as you think, as you often have to 'double flush' and the other thing is you need a good aim not to miss the sides with a number two as the 'drop zone' is so small. Still, if it keeps the environmentalists happy.
jra

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:23 pm

jesus wept
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:25 pm

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:I have to confess. I have never attempted a DIY job in my life. I have always relied on getting a man in :mrgreen:

Don't - they can be a pain in the arse to sort...

...despite what the "real" men on here might say later. :laughing:

It depends on the toilet handle.

The ones on the front of the cistern (single flush). Easy.

An example.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/euroflo-toil ... rome/8973g

But if you've got one on the top of the cistern (usually dual flush), not so easy.

Thank you...

...I'm glad a "real" man came along as I predicted. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Gabby » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:26 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:jesus wept

Indeed... :thud:
Gabby

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:27 pm

:pmsl:

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:34 pm

If I knew I was going to get crucified I would be a little upset about it as well so fair play to the bloke.
Avon Barksdale

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms