Aldi's copycat biscuits amd chocolate bars

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Aldi's copycat biscuits amd chocolate bars

Postby Gabby » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:00 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:I think their meat has gone downhill. I went in there last week and was planning on a nice sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce. Didn't buy as every single steak had massive amounts of fat running through it.

Marbled or lumps?

Either is disgusting :pukeup:...... yet I love the crispy fat on a pork chop or gammon steak! :ooer:
Gabby

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:02 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
That's what you should be looking for in a steak, makes it more tender and flavoursome.

Not in a Sirloin steak it isn't. Fat should only be around the edges.

the reason sirloin isn't heavily marbled is that it is one of the leanest cuts, however the marbling is still desirable

Apparently so but not to me it isn't which is why I go for the sirloin. Aldis sirloin used to be good at one time. A few years ago I nearly choked to death when I was eating a sirloin that had got a hidden bit of fat in it. The stringy fat got lodged in my throat. I had to pull it out. ( Hope noones eating breakfast). Loads of fat in a Sirloin conjures up images of animals who've have little exercise, poor diet and kept indoors.

I think Lidl do the nicest chocolate bars. They taste better than the brand names.

I’m with you on the lean.
I’d happily sacrifice flavour for no fat. It’s fucking awful. :pukeup:

I agree with you and guest. Lidl’s steak is far too chewy, nearly choked on one.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Text » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:03 pm

Got slabs of beef in the fridge.
Cooking instructions: "fry for 30 seconds each side if you want it rare".
C'mon, there's rare and there's literally a flash in the pan. It's like they are taking the michael. :dunno:
Text

Postby Text » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Guest wrote:Kit kat , Penguin, Aero. You name it they have their own versions but a lot cheaper and they taste the same Yum,Yum.
What is your fav Aldi product?

TY for the heads up, OP. I'll check it out. :cuppaT:
Competition is healthy. It's a noble cause to try to reduce the stranglehold that the big stores have on the consumer market.
Let's vote with our feet.
Text

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:17 pm

Text wrote:
Guest wrote:Kit kat , Penguin, Aero. You name it they have their own versions but a lot cheaper and they taste the same Yum,Yum.

Competition is healthy. It's a noble cause to try to reduce the stranglehold that the big stores have on the consumer market.

When your finances suddenly dip due to new circumstances it helps to shop around especially for me as Aldi's, Morrisons, Farm Foods and Iceland are all within
Just a few hundreds of feet from each other :Hiya:

Postby Calvados » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:10 pm

Nucks wrote:Their version of Snickers is pretty good. Racer I think is their brand's name.

Yes, they're decent. Titan too, their version of Mars.
Calvados

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Bramwells sauces are great!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Gabby » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:19 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Bramwells sauces are great!

Yes, their apple sauce is lovely :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Text » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Text wrote:

When your finances suddenly dip due to new circumstances it helps to shop around especially for me as Aldi's, Morrisons, Farm Foods and Iceland are all within Just a few hundreds of feet from each other :Hiya:

What happened? Did your wife have an unplanned pregnancy with twins? Do you suddenly have more mouths to feed that you never bargained for?
Or are you an older person? - in which case you should have managed your finances more carefully to ensure you have a comfy retirement.
Text

Postby Bella » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:43 am

Text wrote:
Guest wrote:
Text wrote:

When your finances suddenly dip due to new circumstances it helps to shop around especially for me as Aldi's, Morrisons, Farm Foods and Iceland are all within Just a few hundreds of feet from each other :Hiya:

What happened? Did your wife have an unplanned pregnancy with twins? Do you suddenly have more mouths to feed that you never bargained for?
Or are you an older person? - in which case you should have managed your finances more carefully to ensure you have a comfy retirement.

Not everyone is able to save for a "comfy retirement" or unexpected events . What an ignorant remark!
Bella

Postby George » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:22 pm

Tried Aldi’s version of Lurpak and it was just as could and much cheaper
George

Postby George » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:26 pm

Text wrote:
Guest wrote:
Text wrote:

Many people are only a few pay packets away from homelessness.
George

Postby Text » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Bella wrote:Not everyone is able to save for a "comfy retirement" or unexpected events . What an ignorant remark!

" Ignorant" and "Ignore" come from the same linguistic roots and it is YOU who is the pig ignorant bloody fool for ignoring when a member makes fun of Down's syndrome children, instead of criticising him. Yet you move at warp speed to criticise other people for lesser things

You are also pig ignorant for not realising that the 'guest' was having a dig at me, which is why I had a go back. :roll:
Climb off my back Bella and try and cure you sick obsession with me.
Text

Postby Dean » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:40 pm

Text wrote:
Bella wrote:Not everyone is able to save for a "comfy retirement" or unexpected events . What an ignorant remark!

" Ignorant" and "Ignore" come from the same linguistic roots and it is YOU who is the pig ignorant bloody fool for ignoring when a member makes fun of Down's syndrome children, instead of criticising him. Yet you move at warp speed to criticise other people for lesser things

You are also pig ignorant for not realising that the 'guest' was having a dig at me, which is why I had a go back. :roll:

Have you ever logged in here without referring to me, stupid insult?
Dean

Postby Text » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:51 pm

Dean wrote:
Text wrote:

Have you ever logged in here without referring to me, Text?

You can't ask people to not mention you. You loom large, you are here in every thread every day. Me, I pop in once or twice a week.

And every single comment you make is calculated to troll or hurt or belittle or put someone down. Even a mod noticed this & said so.
If a pig ignorant idiot has their tongue up your ass despite all the horrific things you say, yet they always come running to criticise me, I will answer back.
Text

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms