Sandy Hook father sues conspiracy theorist

A right load of bollocks...

Sandy Hook father sues conspiracy theorist

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:16 pm

... and is awarded $450,000

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... y-theorist

one of those twats that claims Sandy Hook never happened, CTers in general annoy me, the ones that deny tragedies like Sandy Hook happened take it to the extreme and actually anger me

true to form Fetzer remained a twat to the end -

Fetzer, however, argued that the statements in his book aren’t defamatory “because they’re true”

Leonard Pozner who sued Fetzer however maintained his dignity -

Pozner went on say that the case was not about free speech rights.

“Mr Fetzer has the right to believe that Sandy Hook never happened,” he said. “He has the right to express his ignorance.”

The award, he added, “further illustrates the difference between the right of people like Mr Fetzer to be wrong and the right of victims like myself and my child to be free from defamation, free from harassment and free from the intentional infliction of terror”.
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Re: Sandy Hook father sues conspiracy theorist

Postby Middens » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:18 pm

Hopefully that other cunt, Alex Jones will have to pay up. He's made a fortune with this.
Middens

Postby LordRaven » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:21 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:... and is awarded $450,000

one of those twats that claims Sandy Hook never happened, CTers in general annoy me, the ones that deny tragedies like Sandy Hook happened take it to the extreme and actually anger me

Fetzer, however, argued that the statements in his book aren’t defamatory “because they’re true”

“Mr Fetzer has the right to believe that Sandy Hook never happened,” he said. “He has the right to express his ignorance.”

The award, he added, “further illustrates the difference between the right of people like Mr Fetzer to be wrong and the right of victims like myself and my child to be free from defamation, free from harassment and free from the intentional infliction of terror”.

Good
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Middens wrote:Hopefully that other c**t, Alex Jones will have to pay up. He's made a fortune with this.

Oh Alex is fucked. Four defamation lawsuits. I don't mind a tasty conspiracy theory now and again but he crossed a line.

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Cactus Jack

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:23 am

HobbitFeet wrote:... and is awarded $450,000

Oh they maintain it alright. Truth really doesn’t matter to these people and they have no conscience about who they harm with their lies. Their ‘truth’ is all that matters to them. It’s a form of insanity.
Lady Murasaki

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:08 am

I have to admit I got a great feeling of satisfaction from the payout
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:12 am

HobbitFeet wrote:I have to admit I got a great feeling of satisfaction from the payout

Exposing these insidious, conscienceless liars is satisfying.
Do you think it’s an addiction for them?
They are relentless.
Lady Murasaki

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:15 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:I have to admit I got a great feeling of satisfaction from the payout

They are relentless.

yeah

I think they get off on thinking they know something nobody else knows

except we all know about it, and dismiss it as utter bilge
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:22 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

They are relentless.

yeah

I think they get off on thinking they know something nobody else knows

except we all know about it, and dismiss it as utter bilge

Normally I’d say free speech is important but when people like this guy are just intent on spreading lies and do actual harm to the victims of a crime you just know these ‘haters’ have to be exposed. They really don’t care about the truth and just need to be seen as know alls.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:28 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Do you think it’s an addiction for them.

No, its all about money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby Text » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:43 pm

Fake news and fake propaganda - those are the other growth industries that plague modern times. Cancers in overdrive.
And increasingly you've got to get past paywalls to access the truth.
Text

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:31 am

Text wrote:Fake news and fake propaganda - those are the other growth industries that plague modern times. Cancers in overdrive.

Fake news by fake people who are rarely held to account because they just spit out more bile and wear people down.
This one got his just deserts. Although there will still be some who claim what he said was true. :roll:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Text » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:47 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Text wrote:Fake news and fake propaganda - those are the other growth industries that plague modern times. Cancers in overdrive.

Fake news by fake people who are rarely held to account because they just spit out more bile and wear people down.
This one got his just deserts. Although there will still be some who claim what he said was true. :roll:

Oh it's not actual 'fake news' as such, it's erm … ''alternative facts''. Kelly Anne Conway said so. :whistle:
Back in the day top politicians hired spin doctors to tweak the truth slightly to make it more palatable.
Now we have dirty great pinocchio porkies constantly pouring out on a conveyor belt. No tweaking even required cos they are outright lies right from the off. :pmsl:
Text

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:19 am

Text wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Oh it's not actual 'fake news' as such, it's erm … ''alternative facts''. Kelly Anne Conway said so. :whistle:
Back in the day top politicians hired spin doctors to tweak the truth slightly to make it more palatable.
Now we have dirty great pinocchio porkies constantly pouring out on a conveyor belt. No tweaking even required cos they are outright lies right from the off. :pmsl:

Distraction techniques. Something people like Trump are good at.
Lady Murasaki

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms