Scary Stories

A right load of bollocks...

Scary Stories

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:58 pm

Anyone got any spooky things happen to them?
I froze in bed once when I thought I was alone in the house and someone was walking up and down the stairs, banging doors shut. I found out it was sleep paralysis or something but it seemed very real for quite some time after. It wasn’t.
Lady Murasaki

Re: Scary Stories

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:17 pm

My mum had that years ago, only the once though. She was convinced there were capuchin(?) monkey's in her bedroom, crawling up the curtains and over her bed. She was genuinely terrified.

But i was a kid and thought it was hilarious :pmsl:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:34 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:My mum had that years ago, only the once though. She was convinced there were capuchin(?) monkey's in her bedroom, crawling up the curtains and over her bed. She was genuinely terrified.

It is the weirdest sensation and scary for those going through it. I only realised it was sleep paralysis from posters discussing it on this forum.

Ever had an omen? I saw a dead rat the day I met someone truly horrible. Never ignore the significance of a dead rat.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:46 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:My mum had that years ago, only the once though. She was convinced there were capuchin(?) monkey's in her bedroom, crawling up the curtains and over her bed. She was genuinely terrified.

It is the weirdest sensation and scary for those going through it. I only realised it was sleep paralysis from posters discussing it on this forum.

Ever had an omen? I saw a dead rat the day I met someone truly horrible. Never ignore the significance of a dead rat.

I've never experienced it, but it must be frightening for the person it's happening to. My mum was convinced it was real when it happened to her, although she had no explanation of where the monkey's came from, or how they then just disappeared, but was adamant it had indeed happened.

I've never had an omen, unless i'm just not taking notice of things around me.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby dr synne » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:41 pm

The night my Mum passed away I was at work. Around the time we (think) she passed I was outside having a ciggarette and thinking about a phone conversation I had earlier with a mate. This was nothing to do with my Mum in anyway shape or form and I wasn't thinking about her. She wasn't ill in any way shape or form, but still grieving for my brother who had passed some months earlier.

Out of nowhere I suddenly had this thought that felt almost inserted into my head about how different life would be without Mum being around and a horrible feeling of loss and sadness. I wont pretend I knew something had happened, or it was some psychic flash and I didn't act on it in any way just shook it off and went back in. It was unusual though in the way it just suddenly came into my train of thought and has always stayed with me given it's strenght and the quality of feeling about it.

It's eirie not really scary and it can be explained through coincidence and random thought processes. Nevertheless the strenght of it, how intrusive it was in breaking into my thought ptterns around the time it was likely she passed I've often wondered.
dr synne

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:54 pm

dr synne wrote:The night my Mum passed away I was at work. Around the time we (think) she passed I was outside having a ciggarette and thinking about a phone conversation I had earlier with a mate. This was nothing to do with my Mum in anyway shape or form and I wasn't thinking about her. She wasn't ill in any way shape or form, but still grieving for my brother who had passed some months earlier.

Out of nowhere I suddenly had this thought that felt almost inserted into my head about how different life would be without Mum being around and a horrible feeling of loss and sadness. I wont pretend I knew something had happened, or it was some psychic flash and I didn't act on it in any way just shook it off and went back in. It was unusual though in the way it just suddenly came into my train of thought and has always stayed with me given it's strenght and the quality of feeling about it.

It's eirie not really scary and it can be explained through coincidence and random thought processes. Nevertheless the strenght of it, how intrusive it was in breaking into my thought ptterns around the time it was likely she passed I've often wondered.

That is eerie. But we do have random thoughts constantly and sometimes they catch.
Did it make you feel more prepared for the sad news or was it still a complete shock?
Lady Murasaki

Postby dr synne » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:59 pm

Complete shock to be honest. It was so out of the blue.
dr synne

Postby Stooo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:07 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

I've posted a lot about sleep paralysis and how to help with it.

I'm not spiritual in any way and I certainly don't believe in life after death but I have seen ghosts.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:09 pm

dr synne wrote:Complete shock to be honest. It was so out of the blue.

That’s sad news! :shake head:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:11 pm

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I'm not spiritual in any way and I certainly don't believe in life after death but I have seen ghosts.

Go on...I’m very into the spooky/coincidence stuff. More so as I get older.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Stooo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:16 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I was at a lock in one night and clearly saw a reverse silhouette pass in front of me in the dark about 15 feet away. When I was working as a funeral director I would often see people who I had previously observed in a coffin out on the streets and looking at me. One guy was in a mobility scooter, I found out later that he'd been reliant on one in his last year of life.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby dr synne » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:38 pm

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I was at a lock in one night and clearly saw a reverse silhouette pass in front of me in the dark about 15 feet away. When I was working as a funeral director I would often see people who I had previously observed in a coffin out on the streets and looking at me. One guy was in a mobility scooter, I found out later that he'd been reliant on one in his last year of life.

Bloody hell, that's could almost be the plot for an MR James ghost story. Creepy as F :yikes:
dr synne

Postby Stooo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:00 pm

dr synne wrote:Bloody hell, that's could almost be the plot for an MR James ghost story. Creepy as F :yikes:

It's just one of those things... :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby drum » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:14 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I've never experienced it, but it must be frightening for the person it's happening to. My mum was convinced it was real when it happened to her, although she had no explanation of where the monkey's came from, or how they then just disappeared, but was adamant it had indeed happened.

I've never had an omen, unless i'm just not taking notice of things around me.

I had a few episodes of sleep paralysis in my early 20s. Terrifying , ive never forgotten. I lived in Birmingham at the time. One night I found myself wide awake but couldn't move, there was a 'blues' party over the road and I could hear the cars, the people and the music..... then I heard my son talk :kinell: (he's non verbal) and i still couldn't move, i couldn't speak then i had the sensation of someone climbing on the bed :yikes: i couldn't see anything... i must have lost my shit because next thing it was morning. Then in the same house i start coming down the stairs and a ghosty looking whoosh run through me and down the stairs. i often think about those times trying to figure it out … never happened since and I don't know anyone else whos been through it. horrible experience.
drum

Postby Gabby » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:15 pm

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I don’t believe in all that crap.... the day I see a ghost is the day I’ll believe!

I once had a psychic refund my money as she could get nothing, said I was a difficult one to ‘get through’ (aka not gullible) :roll: ..... one way to make you look genuine I guess! :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms