Scary Stories

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Scary Stories

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:51 am

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:My mum had that years ago, only the once though. She was convinced there were capuchin(?) monkey's in her bedroom, crawling up the curtains and over her bed. She was genuinely terrified.

But i was a kid and thought it was hilarious :pmsl:

It is the weirdest sensation and scary for those going through it. I only realised it was sleep paralysis from posters discussing it on this forum.

Ever had an omen? I saw a dead rat the day I met someone truly horrible. Never ignore the significance of a dead rat.

I've posted a lot about sleep paralysis and how to help with it.

I'm not spiritual in any way and I certainly don't believe in life after death but I have seen ghosts.

Go on...I’m very into the spooky/coincidence stuff. More so as I get older.

I was at a lock in one night and clearly saw a reverse silhouette pass in front of me in the dark about 15 feet away. When I was working as a funeral director I would often see people who I had previously observed in a coffin out on the streets and looking at me. One guy was in a mobility scooter, I found out later that he'd been reliant on one in his last year of life.

That must have weirded you out. But you know it must have been suggestive thinking don’t you?

After the First World War the use of psychics and ouji boards increased because so many males died, everyone lost someone and needed a linkup with the afterlife.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:54 am

drum wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:My mum had that years ago, only the once though. She was convinced there were capuchin(?) monkey's in her bedroom, crawling up the curtains and over her bed. She was genuinely terrified.

It is the weirdest sensation and scary for those going through it. I only realised it was sleep paralysis from posters discussing it on this forum.

Ever had an omen? I saw a dead rat the day I met someone truly horrible. Never ignore the significance of a dead rat.

I've never experienced it, but it must be frightening for the person it's happening to. My mum was convinced it was real when it happened to her, although she had no explanation of where the monkey's came from, or how they then just disappeared, but was adamant it had indeed happened.

I've never had an omen, unless i'm just not taking notice of things around me.

I had a few episodes of sleep paralysis in my early 20s. Terrifying , ive never forgotten. I lived in Birmingham at the time. One night I found myself wide awake but couldn't move, there was a 'blues' party over the road and I could hear the cars, the people and the music..... then I heard my son talk :kinell: (he's non verbal) and i still couldn't move, i couldn't speak then i had the sensation of someone climbing on the bed :yikes: i couldn't see anything... i must have lost my shit because next thing it was morning. Then in the same house i start coming down the stairs and a ghosty looking whoosh run through me and down the stairs. i often think about those times trying to figure it out … never happened since and I don't know anyone else whos been through it. horrible experience.

Never experienced a ghostly whoosh but that feeling of something that feels very real happening when it didn’t, and your rational side knows it didn’t, is spooky!
Lady Murasaki

Postby drum » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:19 pm

I always put it down to events at the time and an overactive imagination. Another weird thing is that over the years, just on the edge of my vision I sometimes see people run past .. there's nobody there and I'm logical about it but it continues to happen.
drum

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:30 pm

drum wrote:I always put it down to events at the time and an overactive imagination. Another weird thing is that over the years, just on the edge of my vision I sometimes see people run past .. there's nobody there and I'm logical about it but it continues to happen.

Hindsight does help. You sometimes realise, with distance, that some strange events may be liked to anxiety and stress. Something you can’t see when you’re in it.
Lady Murasaki

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:04 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

true, it seems the willful destruction of bio organisms for pleasure is a consistent nightmare I want to wake up from. a Friend told Me how He found a Family of Rats under the shed. they caught them and caged them, then burned them while laughing.
art0hur0moh

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:09 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

true, it seems the willful destruction of bio organisms for pleasure is a consistent nightmare I want to wake up from. a Friend told Me how He found a Family of Rats under the shed. they caught them and caged them, then burned them while laughing.

Off the point! eyebrow

This dead rat wasn’t murdered. It was a sign!
Lady Murasaki

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:16 pm

created four google accounts. the following day I took the bus out of the town. at some point I had a feeling I need to return home as quickly as possible. just out side the boundary of the town there was road works. I started to feel very tired, so I stood up holding onto one of the main supports. shortly after the driver phone pinged and i look out the window to see a combination of one of the pass words. shortly after the phone pinged again, lo and behold another combination of signs with one being My password. Before getting to the stop I needed, a Woman who works in a shop nearby wanted off early (uncommonly early!) and again I saw something related to my password but managed to avoid looking.

back in the house shortly after I tried logging into the four accounts. I was left with only one.

how many stories would You like to hear? :D
art0hur0moh

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:21 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:created four google accounts. the following day I took the bus out of the town. at some point I had a feeling I need to return home as quickly as possible. just out side the boundary of the town there was road works. I started to feel very tired, so I stood up holding onto one of the main supports. shortly after the driver phone pinged and i look out the window to see a combination of one of the pass words. shortly after the phone pinged again, lo and behold another combination of signs with one being My password. Before getting to the stop I needed, a Woman who works in a shop nearby wanted off early (uncommonly early!) and again I saw something related to my password but managed to avoid looking.

back in the house shortly after I tried logging into the four accounts. I was left with only one.

So your password was ‘Give Way’? A bit like ‘Open Sesame’.
Lady Murasaki

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:26 pm

dr synne wrote:The night my Mum passed away I was at work. Around the time we (think) she passed I was outside having a ciggarette and thinking about a phone conversation I had earlier with a mate. This was nothing to do with my Mum in anyway shape or form and I wasn't thinking about her. She wasn't ill in any way shape or form, but still grieving for my brother who had passed some months earlier.

Out of nowhere I suddenly had this thought that felt almost inserted into my head about how different life would be without Mum being around and a horrible feeling of loss and sadness. I wont pretend I knew something had happened, or it was some psychic flash and I didn't act on it in any way just shook it off and went back in. It was unusual though in the way it just suddenly came into my train of thought and has always stayed with me given it's strenght and the quality of feeling about it.

It's eirie not really scary and it can be explained through coincidence and random thought processes. Nevertheless the strenght of it, how intrusive it was in breaking into my thought ptterns around the time it was likely she passed I've often wondered.

what would You do if You had the opportunity to see someone You Love deeply without limit?
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:33 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:created four google accounts. the following day I took the bus out of the town. at some point I had a feeling I need to return home as quickly as possible. just out side the boundary of the town there was road works. I started to feel very tired, so I stood up holding onto one of the main supports. shortly after the driver phone pinged and i look out the window to see a combination of one of the pass words. shortly after the phone pinged again, lo and behold another combination of signs with one being My password. Before getting to the stop I needed, a Woman who works in a shop nearby wanted off early (uncommonly early!) and again I saw something related to my password but managed to avoid looking.

So your password was ‘Give Way’? A bit like ‘Open Sesame’.

if I am not bothered about the password it could be as simple as, hello. but not on that occasion. near 20 characters usually a phrase with some variable. the recommended is 24 characters.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:40 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Off the point! eyebrow

This dead rat wasn’t murdered. It was a sign!

how many rats Live in a city?

I was seeking an answer to something. a crow in the Tree above decides it doesn't want the bit of Chicken that just landed two feet to My right.

messing about with water in a wee burn near two decades ago, I asked a profound question thinking of an answer shortly after. a leaf dropped into the water and floated against the flow for a couple of feet. flow was low, depth less then ten cm, width between 6 and 10 inches. to this day I can't remeber the question or answer. though I have probably since rediscovered it.
art0hur0moh

Postby dr synne » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:35 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
dr synne wrote:The night my Mum passed away I was at work. Around the time we (think) she passed I was outside having a ciggarette and thinking about a phone conversation I had earlier with a mate. This was nothing to do with my Mum in anyway shape or form and I wasn't thinking about her. She wasn't ill in any way shape or form, but still grieving for my brother who had passed some months earlier.

Out of nowhere I suddenly had this thought that felt almost inserted into my head about how different life would be without Mum being around and a horrible feeling of loss and sadness. I wont pretend I knew something had happened, or it was some psychic flash and I didn't act on it in any way just shook it off and went back in. It was unusual though in the way it just suddenly came into my train of thought and has always stayed with me given it's strenght and the quality of feeling about it.

It's eirie not really scary and it can be explained through coincidence and random thought processes. Nevertheless the strenght of it, how intrusive it was in breaking into my thought ptterns around the time it was likely she passed I've often wondered.

what would You do if You had the opportunity to see someone You Love deeply without limit?

In all honesty I don't know that I'd want it.
dr synne

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:That must have weirded you out. But you know it must have been suggestive thinking don’t you?

After the First World War the use of psychics and ouji boards increased because so many males died, everyone lost someone and needed a linkup with the afterlife.

I think that there was a lot of it, my Gran spent a fortune on spiritualists and other snake oil salesmen :shake head:

The fact that I've seen stuff doesn't detract from the fact that they aren't there, sleep deprivation can often play a part in day to day hallucinations.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:08 pm

dr synne wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

Have you watched 'Truly, Madly, Deeply'?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby dr synne » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:13 pm

Stooo wrote:
dr synne wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

Yes. Nice film :thumbsup:

Have you watched 'Truly, Madly, Deeply'?
dr synne

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms