The Trans Thread #2

Big Threads

Re: The Trans Thread #2

Postby DracoTheFakeO » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:10 pm

Guest wrote:Assuming Draco is a man then telling women what they can and cant say isn't really a good start.

If Draco is a woman, then 'cancelling' other women as per Stoo's linked artcle means you're actively doing a misogynists job for them.

Call it the Terf Paradox or something :popcorn: :popcorn:

I’m not aware of any post where I’ve said women - or men - can or can’t say certain things, and also not aware of any post I’ve called for anybody to be cancelled. If you direct me to any of these posts I’ll expand/explain.
DracoTheFakeO

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:58 pm

DracoTheFakeO wrote:
Guest wrote:Assuming Draco is a man then telling women what they can and cant say isn't really a good start.

If Draco is a woman, then 'cancelling' other women as per Stoo's linked artcle means you're actively doing a misogynists job for them.

I’m not aware of any post where I’ve said women - or men - can or can’t say certain things, and also not aware of any post I’ve called for anybody to be cancelled. If you direct me to any of these posts I’ll expand/explain.

Well it appears that you've forgotten your own post see BIB's

DracoTheFakeO wrote:

Certainly worth a read for the complete waffle.

“I am not aware that terf is a slur” - Really? What did she think it was? A term of endearment?

She thinks throwing open the doors to women’s toilets and changing rooms to any man that says he’s a woman and those that express concern about women’s safety are living in a “domain of fantasy”. Has this woman been living under a rock? Has she not seen the many, many stories of this exact thing happening?

TA-DA! You've fulfilled the Terf Paradox. Either shutting other women's voices down as a woman, or telling women what opinion they can have if a man.

That was easy.

Postby DracoTheFakeO » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Guest wrote:
DracoTheFakeO wrote:

Well it appears that you've forgotten your own post see BIB's

DracoTheFakeO wrote:

Certainly worth a read for the complete waffle.

“I am not aware that terf is a slur” - Really? What did she think it was? A term of endearment?

She thinks throwing open the doors to women’s toilets and changing rooms to any man that says he’s a woman and those that express concern about women’s safety are living in a “domain of fantasy”. Has this woman been living under a rock? Has she not seen the many, many stories of this exact thing happening?

TA-DA! You've fulfilled the Terf Paradox. Either shutting other women's voices down as a woman, or telling women what opinion they can have if a man.

That was easy.

I don’t think you’ve “proved” what you think you have... There’s nothing in the BIB that calls for cancellation or telling people what they can and can’t say...
DracoTheFakeO

Postby Middens » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Guest wrote:I've defended JK Rowling in the past but wow, she's totally lost the plot and crossed a line for me. Sad to see.

Her book sounds like a rip off of Silence of the Lambs. I doubt anyone outside twitter knows or cares that's it's supposedly "hurtful" to a couple of transgender people and thousands of their "allies" so it will probably sell bucket loads.
Middens

Postby drum » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:47 pm

Middens wrote:
Guest wrote:I've defended JK Rowling in the past but wow, she's totally lost the plot and crossed a line for me. Sad to see.

Her book sounds like a rip off of Silence of the Lambs. I doubt anyone outside twitter knows or cares that's it's supposedly "hurtful" to a couple of transgender people and thousands of their "allies" so it will probably sell bucket loads.

I've never read any of her books, was never into Harry Potter, this new book I might look at just to see for myself what the hoo haa is all about. Authors write about all types of people, we shouldn't be fighting to silence that or what next ? Biff and Chip Go To The Beach to be our limits ? Like the rest of us Transgender people come in all shapes, shades, sizes and personalities.

Martina Cole also wrote a book about a guy who dressed as a woman (various looks) feminine mannerisms and everyone assumed was gay, he wasn't, he would dress up to look like a childs Mother then steal the child and murder them. His own Mother was a horror who had abandoned him and his Father, she abused him as a child sexually, she came back and he killed her too. He got caught when his father died, his garden was busier than Fred Wests extension
drum

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:19 pm

What is the legal ruling regarding being a woman or being a man? In some parts of Canada it is a personal choice and all legal documents will class you as the gender of your choice.

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:06 pm

Inmates in California can choose whether to be housed in male or female jails based on how they identify, according to a new law.

I just keep thinking of Karen White.

Postby sockseverywhere » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:26 pm

The difference between JK Rowling and all the other works mentioned - that people arent losing their shit over - is that JK upset the trans rights activists when their demands started to come into conflict with her strong advocacy of womens rights.

Long before this JK always got up my nose as being just another woke prick but this was fascinating.
A Woke vs Woke showdown. Woke Top Trumps whose rights are more important those of the feminist or the trans?

No one really walked away a winner from that spat but naturally all the extremists now had their sights trained on her.
Every thing she does and says will now be poured over to find some shade to throw at her.
They think they have it in her latest novel featuring a cross-dressing murderer but most people I know think they have fuck all and are acting like desperate idiots.

Im not even sure extremists is the right word for people sending her death threats and bitching to her publishers that seems more like terrorism to me.
They want her to die and/or lose her career because she has the "wrong" opinion about something in their ideology.
sockseverywhere

Postby Middens » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:31 am

Nobody tell them about "The Wasp Factory " by Iain Banks. Now that is disturbing.
Middens

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 am

Rowling has consistently shown herself to be an honourable and compassionate person, and the appalling hashtag #RIPJKRowling is just the latest example of hate speech directed against her and other women that Twitter and other platforms enable and implicitly endorse.

'We are signing this letter in the hope that, if more people stand up against the targeting of women online, we might at least make it less acceptable to engage in it or profit from it.

'We wish JK Rowling well and stand in solidarity with her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... a-row.html
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Red Okktober » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:55 pm

sockseverywhere wrote:The difference between JK Rowling and all the other works mentioned - that people arent losing their shit over - is that JK upset the trans rights activists when their demands started to come into conflict with her strong advocacy of womens rights.

Long before this JK always got up my nose as being just another woke prick but this was fascinating.
A Woke vs Woke showdown. Woke Top Trumps whose rights are more important those of the feminist or the trans?

No one really walked away a winner from that spat but naturally all the extremists now had their sights trained on her.
Every thing she does and says will now be poured over to find some shade to throw at her.
They think they have it in her latest novel featuring a cross-dressing murderer but most people I know think they have fuck all and are acting like desperate idiots.

Im not even sure extremists is the right word for people sending her death threats and bitching to her publishers that seems more like terrorism to me.
They want her to die and/or lose her career because she has the "wrong" opinion about something in their ideology.

I don't understand what's so bad about having a crossdressing serial killer.

Surely the idea of equality is that everyone is equal, and a crossdresser is just as likely to be characterised as a 'baddie' in a book as anyone else is.

In any case, a lot of real life serial killers tend to have 'quirks', and like it or not, crossdressing is generally seen as being quirkish, so portraying them that way in a book is fair game.

There have been quite a few crossdressing/trans murderers in books and movies - Psycho and Dressed to Kill are two that come to mind.
Red Okktober

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:33 pm

sockseverywhere wrote:Im not even sure extremists is the right word for people sending her death threats and bitching to her publishers that seems more like terrorism to me.

It just scares me that more people aren't deeply concerned about this, or speaking out against it. What a terrifying thing that such behaviour goes all but unchallenged.

Postby Middens » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:26 am

This could be an interesting case in regards to the future of medical interventions on children who feel trans. Trans charities are worried that children might not be able to do want they want want to their own body until aged 18.

https://www.itv.com/news/london/2020-10 ... r-children

A landmark case about whether children who wish to undergo gender reassignment should be prescribed “experimental” puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones will be heard at the High Court.

Kiera Bell, a 23-year-old woman who began taking puberty blockers when she was 16 before “detransitioning” last year, is suing the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust, which runs the UK’s only gender identity development service for children.

The legal challenge is also being brought by Mrs A, the mother of a 16-year-old autistic girl who is currently on the waiting list for treatment.

In January, the pair were given the go-ahead to bring the action against the trust after claiming the way informed consent is obtained from children is “materially misleading”.

At a hearing in London on Wednesday, Ms Bell and Mrs A’s lawyers will argue that children under the age of 18 cannot give “informed consent” to treatment which has “irreversible, lifelong consequences”.
Middens

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:52 am

Middens wrote:

I don't remember anyone making a fuss about Silence of the Lambs and Buffalo Bill.
Raggamuffin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:20 pm

A transgender man has lost his legal battle to be registered as his child’s father or parent in the UK after the supreme court refused to consider his final appeal.

Lord Burnett came down in favour of the right of a child born to a transgender parent to know the biological reality of its birth, rather than the parent’s right to be recognised on the birth certificate in their legal gender.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... lds-father
Toke 'n' gesture

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive