The Trans Thread #2

Big Threads

The Trans Thread #2

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:01 pm

Nucks wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Here lies another issue, unfortunately. You would definitely be accused of transphobia, just watch the Martina Navratilova documentary. She was accused for voicing the same concerns as you.

On social media, maybe. But it’s full of over exaggerate opinions and cunts.
I believe Martina changed her opinion towards the end, didn’t she?

There needs to be more research and understanding. I’m not against trans women ever competing. But I don’t think they should now. But then, again, I see the issue with caster Semenya, who isn’t a trans woman. And whether you agree with her participation or not, I can’t help but feel her treatment has been quite horrific.

But it does spill over into real life though.

Maya Forstater https://medium.com/@MForstater/i-lost-m ... af2186ae84

Posie Parker questioned by police for her opinion

Harry Miller questioned by police and told to check his thinking, recorded as a hate incident

Unless people push back we are nearing toward a thought-police society where we must agree with a belief system or risk losing a job or have a criminal record. The Harry Miller case went to The High Courts and I'm not sure what the outcome is/was but it demonstrates that the lobby groups have been very successful at influencing organisations at many levels. The sell it as inclusion and anti-discriminatory (which most moderate people ageee is good) but when it becomes totalitarian then it needs to be challenged. The right to dissent should be kept intact in a free society.

But again, it’s a Twitter bubble. And free speech/hate speech on Twitter is a new and weird thing.

I read that woman’s article. And whilst I understand her concerns, it irks me that she denies the existence of gender dysphoria because she doesn’t feel her gender. It’s a recognised condition. I don’t think it is fair to brush it off as a belief or as none existent. It’s not a choice. It just is.
This is where I think the lines get blurred and people cross from concern about women’s rights to just ‘phobia’.
NastyNickers

Re: The Trans Thread

Postby Middens » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:17 pm

Stooo wrote:
Middens wrote:I say Philip/Pippa Bunce is a transvestite despite what the media says and trans activists claim. He/she may appear on the top women of business lists but he/she only dresses as woman "part time" and even then only started after securing their top job. There were no glass ceiling smashed here and it's unfair to claim Bunce narrows the gender pay gap.

Eddie Izzard style?

Exactly. I mean so what if he wants to dress as a woman? It's no big deal but to claim he actually is a woman on the odd days he decides to do it and anyone who doesn't agree is some sort of nazi bigot is mad.
Middens

Postby dr synne » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:37 pm

Without gay people we wouldn't have won the war!

Now I'm happy to see the part that LGBT people played in fighting against a fascist nightmare celebrated and acknowledged but that's quite an all encompassing statement. I think there were many variables that played a part in defeating Hitler and everyone played their part.
dr synne

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:46 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Nucks wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Here lies another issue, unfortunately. You would definitely be accused of transphobia, just watch the Martina Navratilova documentary. She was accused for voicing the same concerns as you.

On social media, maybe. But it’s full of over exaggerate opinions and cunts.
I believe Martina changed her opinion towards the end, didn’t she?

There needs to be more research and understanding. I’m not against trans women ever competing. But I don’t think they should now. But then, again, I see the issue with caster Semenya, who isn’t a trans woman. And whether you agree with her participation or not, I can’t help but feel her treatment has been quite horrific.

But it does spill over into real life though.

Maya Forstater https://medium.com/@MForstater/i-lost-m ... af2186ae84

Posie Parker questioned by police for her opinion

Harry Miller questioned by police and told to check his thinking, recorded as a hate incident

Unless people push back we are nearing toward a thought-police society where we must agree with a belief system or risk losing a job or have a criminal record. The Harry Miller case went to The High Courts and I'm not sure what the outcome is/was but it demonstrates that the lobby groups have been very successful at influencing organisations at many levels. The sell it as inclusion and anti-discriminatory (which most moderate people ageee is good) but when it becomes totalitarian then it needs to be challenged. The right to dissent should be kept intact in a free society.

But again, it’s a Twitter bubble. And free speech/hate speech on Twitter is a new and weird thing.

I read that woman’s article. And whilst I understand her concerns, it irks me that she denies the existence of gender dysphoria because she doesn’t feel her gender. It’s a recognised condition. I don’t think it is fair to brush it off as a belief or as none existent. It’s not a choice. It just is.
This is where I think the lines get blurred and people cross from concern about women’s rights to just ‘phobia’.

NN, not sure if youre just not reading or comprehending properly, but you are getting owned hard and are actually looking a bit foolish.

He gave the MN example, for which she was sacked irl.

You referenced 'on sm'. Ok, the accusations started on there but the sacking happened irl and firmly away from sm.

He then gave two examples with names of people who have been questioned by police for voicing an opinion on sm. The police questioning was firmly away from sm.

And your response is 'but it's a Twitter bubble'????

This insidious bullshit have very much spilled over from social media and you know it. Come on.

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:21 pm

I mention twitter bubble because all the issues are arising from twitter. The sacking... because of twitter. The court case.... because of twitter. As you acknowledge.
Social media has come under fire in recent years for allowing bullying and trolling and hate speech. It’s not just limited to the current trans debate. People have lost their jobs for insensitive jokes, for controversial ‘jokes’ about sexual assault, for posting an opinion about same sex marriage, soaps stars and historic tweets etc etc. The issue isn’t one of the trans community but for social media as a whole.

I never said it didn’t go in to real life. I said I would be called a transphobe on twitter. It was Nucks who brought it in to rea life. I never claimed there wasn’t any real world consequences. Just that those consequences stem from posting on twitter.
NastyNickers

Postby Middens » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:23 pm

Guest wrote:
NN, not sure if youre just not reading or comprehending properly, but you are getting owned hard and are actually looking a bit foolish.

You referenced 'on sm'. Ok, the accusations started on there but the sacking happened irl and firmly away from sm.

He then gave two examples with names of people who have been questioned by police for voicing an opinion on sm. The police questioning was firmly away from sm.

This insidious bullshit have very much spilled over from social media and you know it. Come on.

Actually apart from a few cases like this I don't think it has much mainstream awareness yet. The reason is that before any shit hits the fan, they want the laws in place so that they can legally go after anyone who disagrees. They want the laws changed quietly and with the minimum of publicity. This is what the Law Gazette says.

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/campai ... 34.article

Campaigners to change the law to allow children to change their legal gender should 'avoid excessive press coverage and exposure' according to an international survey singling out the UK for criticism.

Groups campaigning for Norway-style laws should target the youth wings of political parties and 'de-medicalise' the issue, the report recommends. In Norway, it notes, the law changed after youth politicians 'brought up the issue at every meeting of any sort – even ones which were not directly relevant, to ensure the issue was at the forefront of everyone’s minds.'

If you read Twitter or you're a member of a political party, you've probably seen lots about it. The general public who don't do those things, not so much.
Middens

Postby Nucks » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:57 pm

Guest wrote:NN, not sure if youre just not reading or comprehending properly, but you are getting owned hard and are actually looking a bit foolish.

Did you just assume my gender!?! :laughing:
Nucks

Postby dr synne » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:52 pm

My personal pronoun is schis-him
dr synne

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:53 pm

Nucks wrote:
Guest wrote:NN, not sure if youre just not reading or comprehending properly, but you are getting owned hard and are actually looking a bit foolish.

I knew it! :whistle:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Middens » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:56 pm

Oh dear God, Jessica Yaniv's at it again. She wants a gynecologist to examine her penis and wants to know if it's illegal for the person to refuse. :kinell:

Middens

Postby dr synne » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:23 pm

Middens wrote:Oh dear God, Jessica Yaniv's at it again. She wants a gynecologist to examine her penis and wants to know if it's illegal for the person to refuse. :kinell:

And me being me I'm shocked...and confused...and hurt
and a complete mentalist.
dr synne

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Middens wrote:Oh dear God, Jessica Yaniv's at it again. She wants a gynecologist to examine her penis and wants to know if it's illegal for the person to refuse. :kinell:

Oh dear. Trans people can be utter twats as well. Just because someone has 'protected status' or is a 'minority' doesn't mean they are not a complete douche bag.. Holding up someone roundly shat on by the Trans community as their representative is about as laughable as saying Ann Widdecombe or Katie Hopkins represents all cis women.. It doesnt work and will be laughed at. :srs?:

Postby dr synne » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:54 pm

Guest wrote:

Oh dear. Trans people can be utter twats as well. Just because someone has 'protected status' or is a 'minority' doesn't mean they are not a complete douche bag.. Holding up someone roundly shat on by the Trans community as their representative is about as laughable as saying Ann Widdecombe or Katie Hopkins represents all cis women.. It doesnt work and will be laughed at. :srs?:

Safe to say that Anne widdicombe and Katie Hopkins are examples of unpleasant cis women, as Yaniv is of trans. I don't recall anyone saying she is representative of the trans community though. It's the insane nature of such people that make them noteworthy nt their identity.
dr synne

Postby calitom » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:59 am

Nucks wrote:

you're a broad right?
calitom

Postby Dean » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:21 am

He’s a fucking nut. It’s the apologists on here that give him the ‘balls’ to make posts like this. This is what they have made...
Dean

Next

Return to The Archive