The point of this bit of the forum

A right load of bollocks...

The point of this bit of the forum

Postby .SF. » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:10 am

Just wondering. When I joined a year or so back it looked like a bish-bash place where people had a go at each other in a no holds barred kind of way, and that's what made it amusing and worth a read. But reading now it seems that this is now frowned upon, with regular complaints about behaviour, from members and moderators alike. So if bad behaviour is no longer acceptable, why keep the Arms going - surely as long as it's here the scraps and insults will continue.
.SF.

Re: The point of this bit of the forum

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:25 am

don't you think there should be boundaries?

actually don't bother answering, it's just another shit stirring thread hoping for an admin pile on :roll:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby .SF. » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:29 am

HobbitFeet wrote:don't you think there should be boundaries?

actually don't bother answering, it's just another shit stirring thread hoping for an admin pile on :roll:

I don't care about admin, just wondering what the purpose of this section is.
.SF.

Postby Major » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:39 am

HobbitFeet wrote:don't you think there should be boundaries?

YES, I believe in boundaries, fair ones for all though.

Good post which could highlight interesting concerns/ debate.
Major
Twat.

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:04 am

You enjoyed it so much you've made all of 360 posts in nearly 2 years, and that includes the moaning ones i've only ever seen from you.

Forums evolve, just like anything else, and anyway, there are still a handful of resident trolls here. And you said it "made it amusing and worth a read". So watching people get trolled is funny? So why not join in more, or are you afraid that the trolls will turn on you and it'll no longer be "amusing" for you?

Jeez, some people eh?! :woteva:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby .SF. » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:08 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:You enjoyed it so much you've made all of 360 posts in nearly 2 years, and that includes the moaning ones i've only ever seen from you.

Forums evolve, just like anything else, and anyway, there are still a handful of resident trolls here. And you said it "made it amusing and worth a read". So watching people get trolled is funny? So why not join in more, or are you afraid that the trolls will turn on you and it'll no longer be "amusing" for you?

Who rattled your cage?
.SF.

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:12 am

.SF. wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:You enjoyed it so much you've made all of 360 posts in nearly 2 years, and that includes the moaning ones i've only ever seen from you.

Who rattled your cage?

You asked a question, did you not? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:22 am

.SF. wrote:Just wondering. When I joined a year or so back it looked like a bish-bash place where people had a go at each other in a no holds barred kind of way, and that's what made it amusing and worth a read. But reading now it seems that this is now frowned upon, with regular complaints about behaviour, from members and moderators alike. So if bad behaviour is no longer acceptable, why keep the Arms going - surely as long as it's here the scraps and insults will continue.

Is this the first thread you’ve started?
Lady Murasaki

Postby .SF. » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:22 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
.SF. wrote:

Who rattled your cage?

Yes, and it was about the purpose of this section of the forum. Not about me and the number of posts I've made you twat.
.SF.

Postby Dean » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:37 am

.SF. wrote:Just wondering. When I joined a year or so back it looked like a bish-bash place where people had a go at each other in a no holds barred kind of way, and that's what made it amusing and worth a read. But reading now it seems that this is now frowned upon, with regular complaints about behaviour, from members and moderators alike. So if bad behaviour is no longer acceptable, why keep the Arms going - surely as long as it's here the scraps and insults will continue.

The forum changed when Hobbit took over. Whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing depends on your viewpoint. It’s a lot tamer than it used to be, but it’s also a lot quieter. It’s very cliquey and boring these days, hence why all the good posters have left. You can still have a bit of a laugh with a few of the originals, but it’s been sanitised by the newcomers and DS posters.
Dean

Postby .SF. » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:41 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:

Yes.
.SF.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:43 am

.SF. wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Yes.

Why? Why don’t you start more constructive threads?

Afraid of being trolled by any chance?
Lady Murasaki

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:44 am

took over :mrgreen:

Stooo is the owner, myself and Holly are admin

I didn't think anyone actually needed that clarifying :roll:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby .SF. » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:45 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
.SF. wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Yes.

Why? Why don’t you start more constructive threads?

Afraid of being trolled by any chance?

I'm not afraid of being trolled.
.SF.

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:47 am

.SF. wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
.SF. wrote:

Who rattled your cage?

Yes, and it was about the purpose of this section of the forum. Not about me and the number of posts I've made you twat.

Well that's just tough, darling, because i'm making it about you and your fucking whining, which btw, never fucking stops :monkey:
Toke 'n' gesture

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms