Greggs launches DIY tutorials

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Greggs launches DIY tutorials

Postby xtras1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:50 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Disturbing how many people can't make bugger all for themselves.

It really is :ooer:

People blame work.
I'm a kid of the fifties no fridges no convenience foods everyone down the pit a hundred hours a week yet they still took the time to learn how to grow a potato and cook it!

I don't blame work... I cooked when mine were younger I hate it with a passion, if I can avoid it I will :twirl:
xtras1

Postby Goodwife » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:53 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Disturbing how many people can't make bugger all for themselves.

People blame work.
I'm a kid of the fifties no fridges no convenience foods everyone down the pit a hundred hours a week yet they still took the time to learn how to grow a potato and cook it!

I don't blame work... I cooked when mine were younger I hate it with a passion, if I can avoid it I will :twirl:

Me, me, me, I blamed work :pmsl: :pmsl:

To be honest the odd time I do make my dinner I either forget it or don't feel like it by the time it gets to lunchtime
Goodwife

Postby xtras1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:59 pm

Goodwife wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gabby wrote:

People blame work.

Me, me, me, I blamed work :pmsl: :pmsl:

To be honest the odd time I do make my dinner I either forget it or don't feel like it by the time it gets to lunchtime

Yeah I have done that and then thought.. don't fancy it.

Good thing at home no.one like my cooking :yess:

Mind you I rarely cook now, daughter & son have cooked for themselves years now.
xtras1

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:05 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gabby wrote:

People blame work.

Furry muff.
Most modern western people haven't a clue about how to do much of anything for themselves anymore.
There's a lot of middle class kids in my youngest son's life who go on and on about the environment but don't know a thing beyond what they read in a magazine or online.
Ask them about growing fruit veg planting trees milking a cow raising chickens catching a fish skinning a rabbit blank look.
That's mans environment and they've never been in it!
Most western people if taken into a so called primitive environmental rainforest to dwell with the natives would be seen as special needs.
Can't make shoes can't make your own pants don't know what's food and what's poison can't build a home can't catch dinner yet we call the people who can primitive!
So no knocking the chef for getting the pastry wrong till you know how to make it better!
Not sure I could win an argument about any of that!!!!!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:07 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gabby wrote:

People blame work.

Furry muff.
Most modern western people haven't a clue about how to do much of anything for themselves anymore.
There's a lot of middle class kids in my youngest son's life who go on and on about the environment but don't know a thing beyond what they read in a magazine or online.
Ask them about growing fruit veg planting trees milking a cow raising chickens catching a fish skinning a rabbit blank look.
Most western people if taken into a so called primitive environmental rainforest to dwell with the natives would be seen as special needs.
Can't make shoes can't make your own pants don't know what's food and what's poison can't build a home can't catch dinner yet we call the people who can primitive!
So no knocking the chef for getting the pastry wrong till you know how to make it better!

Bear Grylls needs to sort the Scouts out then by the sounds of it.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby xtras1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:31 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gabby wrote:

People blame work.

Furry muff.

i like your way of thinking rollup..
your insight is very true... and i wonder how those who have never fended for themselves are coping with this lockdown :yikes:
xtras1

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:52 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:It really is :ooer:

People blame work.

Furry muff.

i like your way of thinking rollup..
your insight is very true... and i wonder how those who have never fended for themselves are coping with this lockdown :yikes:[/quote]

If you take a look in my insects as food thread you'll see that many pundits are expecting massive disruptions next to the food chain and the vast majority of people won't have a clue how to live let alone survive.
We are being bought down a peg or two and for many it will be truly frightening.
Everyone I know around me is planting food like mad because an entire planetary economic shutdown has never happened before and the economic damage may well kill more people than the virus .... truly hard times ahead.
How the hell people in high rises are going to cope I know not.
If you have the space plant stuff.
There are people here doing gorilla planting which means they are going off with seeds etc and planting them all over the hills and valleys just incase all those high rise dwellers come at us like zombie hoards to eat our hard work.
The mentality has changed hugely out here and is quite disturbing but people are becoming aware and preparing.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby xtras1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:56 pm

Coronavirus Ireland good news: Kind-hearted Donegal farmer tells people to 'fill their boots' with free crops amid Covid-19 crisis

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/lifestyle/oth ... r-BB12dXLH

made me think of this when you mention farmers.
xtras1

Postby xtras1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:59 pm

you messed up the quotes rollup :woteva:

i can imagine people panicking regarding food....

i have a fear of zombies i hope it doesn't come to that :yikes: :smilin:
xtras1

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:06 pm

xtras1 wrote:Coronavirus Ireland good news: Kind-hearted Donegal farmer tells people to 'fill their boots' with free crops amid Covid-19 crisis

Pity it's only turnips but great attitude.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:08 pm

xtras1 wrote:you messed up the quotes rollup :woteva:

i can imagine people panicking regarding food....

i have a fear of zombies i hope it doesn't come to that :yikes: :smilin:

I'll let you in on a little secret....zombies aren't real *shh, don't tell everyone though*

Postby xtras1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:08 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
xtras1 wrote:Coronavirus Ireland good news: Kind-hearted Donegal farmer tells people to 'fill their boots' with free crops amid Covid-19 crisis

yes must have been very hard for him but great gesture ..
xtras1

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:11 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

..... and the humble turnip ....... low in calorie density but high in nutritional value. Turnips are loaded with fiber and vitamins K, A, C, E, B1, B3, B5, B6, B2 and folate (one of the B vitamins), as well as minerals like manganese, potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium and copper. They are also a good source of phosphorus, omega-3 fatty acids and protein half of your daily vitamin C needs.
https://www.pritikin.com/health-benefits-of-turnips
Rolluplostinspace

Postby xtras1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:12 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

..... and the humble turnip ....... low in calorie density but high in nutritional value. Turnips are loaded with fiber and vitamins K, A, C, E, B1, B3, B5, B6, B2 and folate (one of the B vitamins), as well as minerals like manganese, potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium and copper. They are also a good source of phosphorus, omega-3 fatty acids and protein half of your daily vitamin C needs.

have to remember that, as i am now a non meat eater i need me vitamins :laughing:

cheers :thumbsup:
xtras1

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:17 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

have to remember that, as i am now a non meat eater i need me vitamins :laughing:

cheers :thumbsup:

I didn't know any of that till I Googled it they sound amazing!
You could probably live on turnip soup for quite some time.
I'm going to get a few growing.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms