A right load of bollocks...

Re: Is lockdown changing you ?

Postby .SF. » Sat May 09, 2020 7:50 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
calitom wrote:
LadyMurasaki wrote:
That’s what people say when they don’t want to feel responsible for their own actions.
Surely it’s better to face the fact that anyone, including yourself, can do evil things given the circumstances, so mindfulness helps you to curb those darker urges. They aren’t demons, they’re You. (Collective not personal).

Thats the cookie cutter response Lady Murasaki. Of course we are responsible for our actions.We make the choices. Not everything that we do has demonic involvement.No one said or implied that.

But dont use that to make the simplistic statement "They arent demons they're you". They are often lurking and involved in things because that is their purpose--to destroy human beings.And when we drink or gamble to excess(moderation the key) or we habitually sin thru fornication etc then we are opening ourselves up to demonic involvement.

That’s your way of looking at it. It amounts to the same thing it’s just a religious perspective which absolves people of responsibility a bit too easily.

As I said--it does not at all resolve people of responsibility. The church teaches that we are fully responsible for our actions. So what you said is just not true.

It does. It’s basically a get out clause to say “it wasn’t me, it was the demons what dun it.”

Try telling that to a schizophrenic.
.SF.

Postby calitom » Sat May 09, 2020 7:54 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
calitom wrote:
LadyMurasaki wrote:
That’s what people say when they don’t want to feel responsible for their own actions.
Surely it’s better to face the fact that anyone, including yourself, can do evil things given the circumstances, so mindfulness helps you to curb those darker urges. They aren’t demons, they’re You. (Collective not personal).

Thats the cookie cutter response Lady Murasaki. Of course we are responsible for our actions.We make the choices. Not everything that we do has demonic involvement.No one said or implied that.

But dont use that to make the simplistic statement "They arent demons they're you". They are often lurking and involved in things because that is their purpose--to destroy human beings.And when we drink or gamble to excess(moderation the key) or we habitually sin thru fornication etc then we are opening ourselves up to demonic involvement.

That’s your way of looking at it. It amounts to the same thing it’s just a religious perspective which absolves people of responsibility a bit too easily.

As I said--it does not at all resolve people of responsibility. The church teaches that we are fully responsible for our actions. So what you said is just not true.

It does. It’s basically a get out clause to say “it wasn’t me, it was the demons what dun it.”

As I said--according to the church we are responsible for our own actions.The fact that demons are mentioned is not at all any admission or any proof that their existence is in effect a get out clause.That is just in your imagination. people individually cam use that excuse..But it doesnt make it true. Just as people can blame other people or society or the tories for their lack of success or fulfillment.Doesnt mean that people or society or political parties dont exist.
calitom

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat May 09, 2020 8:00 pm

Nobody has said society or political parties don’t exist. Just that demons don’t. Unless they’re a metaphor. But you seem to view them as a separate entity, a catch all for everything you perceive as evil.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Stooo » Sat May 09, 2020 8:07 pm

calitom wrote:
The link is based on what the church teaches.So you will understand what the church teaches. I explained that already.
Do you not study anything theological? Do you not study anything philosophical??
Sounds a bit like you need something based on little or no effort.We have been over this before Stooo.

Facts Tom, tangible entities rather than a 2000 year old health and safety manual.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Sat May 09, 2020 9:27 pm

Guest wrote:
Text wrote:
Guest wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Guest wrote:
You mite not be deluded but you are arrogant, that's just a fact. "It would take them 6 months to replace me , they would still need more than 1 person to replace me" etc. Etc. :bored:
Why do you feel the need to boast like this and b4 you answer "it's a fact, not boasting" it may well be a fact in your mind but telling everyone how wonderful and indispensable you are is boasting.
It also makes you look inadequate like you need to prove to ppl here you are not just a bit better, but miles better than they could ever be. You could never be replaced on your job unlike these standard losers , these moderates , these nothings. :wink: There are many gifted workers , yes just as gifted as you, :gigglesnshit: who would feel embarrassed to boast because they are secure in themselves. They don't need everyone else to know how good they are because just them knowing it themselves is enough. One day you mite be as secure as them, who knows?

Gosh you were really worked up at 2am over this :off head: :shake head:

I don't need to prove anything to anyone, why do you feel the need to disect my every word? Maybe it is because it is you that feels inadequate :dunno:

I am more than secure in myself and my abilities thanks & people who are not confident enough to say they are good at their jobs are the insecure ones :roll:

No, I don't feel inadequate. It's interesting you would use that as a defence, since it is you boasting how beyond brilliant you are, not I.
But you are wrong. When someone knows something is absolutely true and they are gifted at something , the inner calm and self worth it gives you means boasting about it would feel unseemly. They are blessed enough already so they don't feel the need to pompously boast.

Just my take on it. I wasn't dissecting your every word btw, I quoted only 2 sentences you made about how near impossible it would be to replace you as you were beyond brilliant in your workplace :smilin: I'm not sure why the time of my posting is relevant either tbh. :dunno:
Imo confident people dont need to prove anything to anyone and you stated the exact same in your response . So ..why did you? :wink:

In progs like 'The Apprentice' the ones who talk themselves up and achieve things are the ones who win and I think that attitude has filtered thru to people their 30's like GW.
But maybe the older generation still consider selfpraise as an unBritish trait? They prefer self deprecation.

I'm in my 30s too and thats not that young so I don't think it's a generational thing personally Text.

Imo people who boast sound the opposite of confident, they sound insecure and are trying to convince themselves they are wonderful whereas calm absolute confidence doesn't need to be uttered. Audrey Hepburn knew she was something special but never ever said it, she didn't go about on set saying "look at my elfin beauty and behold my magnetic aura dammit! "
I used Hepburn as a random example btw, I just think when someone is truly gifted , skilled or has something worth boasting about, they don't NEED to boast. It's the people who don't quite measure up that big themselves up but that's just my experience. Teenagers tend do it alot too! :laughing:

I hear you.
We're all are different, guesty - as simple as that. :dunno: Are you tolerant? Are you accommodating towards generational, cultural and interpersonal differences?
I am.

Hence why I don't mind the fact that some people - like Goody - have a very high sense of self worth and self esteem.

Better than the other extreme - ie having self esteem that's too low ... cos that makes women accept shitty deals in life, shitty jobs, cling to toxic people cos we cannot break away, settle for shitty partners who abuse us and murder 2 women per week. -I posted an example of that tragedy in this very thread. :thumbsup:

Goody is Goody and she's ok. :cool:
Text

Postby calitom » Sun May 10, 2020 10:48 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Nobody has said society or political parties don’t exist. Just that demons don’t. Unless they’re a metaphor. But you seem to view them as a separate entity, a catch all for everything you perceive as evil.

LM--get your dictionary.And look up the word ANALOGY.
calitom

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun May 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Tom believes demons are real living creatures/life forms.
They inhabit what we would call the spirit realm or in more modern terms another dimension one where life is not of a material nature living in a not material world.
The first people that normally ridicule these ideas are the very same people that want to believe there is life beyond this earth beyond this solar system beyond this galaxy beyond what we understand beyond our exPerience and senses beyond our current knowledge but never in something someone can name define and Provide generations of Writings and stories about eg angels and demons oh no.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon May 11, 2020 12:01 am

What is CONSCIOUSNESS? The Case for the Quantum Soul

Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Mon May 11, 2020 12:24 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Tom believes demons are real living creatures/life forms.
They inhabit what we would call the spirit realm or in more modern terms another dimension one where life is not of a material nature living in a not material world.
The first people that normally ridicule these ideas are the very same people that want to believe there is life beyond this earth beyond this solar system beyond this galaxy beyond what we understand beyond our exPerience and senses beyond our current knowledge but never in something someone can name define and Provide generations of Writings and stories about eg angels and demons oh no.

Thanks Jack.Very sensible observation from someone who likely doesnt believe the way I do..
It can be done.
calitom

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon May 11, 2020 6:35 am

calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Nobody has said society or political parties don’t exist. Just that demons don’t. Unless they’re a metaphor. But you seem to view them as a separate entity, a catch all for everything you perceive as evil.

LM--get your dictionary.And look up the word ANALOGY.

You need a better analogy than comparing demons to something that is real.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sat May 16, 2020 7:48 pm

Its changed me big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revaluation of life will be coming in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby Markey mark » Sat May 16, 2020 8:36 pm

Goodwife wrote:Like your personality or the way you do things ?

Obvs the question doesn't apply to those we know have multiple personality disorder already :roll:

Notice around here people are nicer , and seems people has more time for other folk
Markey mark

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun May 17, 2020 9:44 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:Its changed me big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revaluation of life will be coming in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A holiday abroad?
You’ll be the only one on the plane. Private jet! :kinell:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Verdi » Sun May 17, 2020 11:10 am

I'm smoking more weed and doing a lot less exercise.
Verdi

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun May 17, 2020 11:15 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:A holiday abroad?
You’ll be the only one on the plane. Private jet! :kinell:

Definitely MOAR holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms