TV chat, what are you watching? #3

A right load of bollocks...

Re: TV chat, what are you watching? #3

Postby US Chicken » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:21 pm

Harry McGuire’s been chlorinated off the pitch for being a cunt.
Denmark winning 1-0 from a penalty :yikes:
US Chicken

Postby .SF. » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:37 pm

Stooo wrote:
.SF. wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
.SF. wrote:A lot has been made in a negative way about using a chlorine wash but I've yet to see what the problem is, I thought maybe you'd know as you've mentioned it.

I did know, and it's exactly what xtras has said. I'm not eating anything that has potentially harmful bacteria that's been covered up by chlorine.

Nope, not in this lifetime.

I guess the test would be to see if the rate of food poisoning from chicken in the US is much higher than in the UK. If it isn't there may not actually be a problem.

Well there's this:

And the food standards that Britain currently uses seem to be working—or working better than ours, at least. Americans get food poisoning at ten times the rate of people in the UK. Nearly 400 in the U.S. die from salmonella poisoning each year, while not a single person in England or Wales (together, home to nearly 90 percent of the UK’s population) died from the bacteria between 2005 and 2015.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... h-protest/

Tumours are cut out of diseased animals rather than destroying the carcass, it's a good read.

Bear in mind though that it's the bacteria campylobacter that causes most cases of food poisoning from chicken, and the rate in the UK is higher than the US. Mind you when all's said and done this chicken thing is probably not so much about a genuine fear of getting sick, it's more to do with Brexit and wanting to portray any future UK-US trade agreement as a bad thing.

"For campylobacter, the UK study estimated 280,000 cases - about 450 cases per 100,000 people. The US study estimated 845,024 cases of campylobacter or about 300 cases per 100,000 people."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47440562#:~:text=For%20campylobacter%2C%20the%20UK%20study,studies%20that%20use%20different%20methodologies.
.SF.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:42 pm

Pillars of the earth is a good watch, although a bit weak in places

Postby xtras1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:57 pm

Guest wrote:Pillars of the earth is a good watch, although a bit weak in places

I.keep going back to This, as you say good watch but needs some oomph in it ..
xtras1

Postby Stooo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:06 pm

.SF. wrote:
Stooo wrote:
.SF. wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
.SF. wrote:A lot has been made in a negative way about using a chlorine wash but I've yet to see what the problem is, I thought maybe you'd know as you've mentioned it.

I did know, and it's exactly what xtras has said. I'm not eating anything that has potentially harmful bacteria that's been covered up by chlorine.

Nope, not in this lifetime.

I guess the test would be to see if the rate of food poisoning from chicken in the US is much higher than in the UK. If it isn't there may not actually be a problem.

Well there's this:

And the food standards that Britain currently uses seem to be working—or working better than ours, at least. Americans get food poisoning at ten times the rate of people in the UK. Nearly 400 in the U.S. die from salmonella poisoning each year, while not a single person in England or Wales (together, home to nearly 90 percent of the UK’s population) died from the bacteria between 2005 and 2015.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... h-protest/

Tumours are cut out of diseased animals rather than destroying the carcass, it's a good read.

Bear in mind though that it's the bacteria campylobacter that causes most cases of food poisoning from chicken, and the rate in the UK is higher than the US. Mind you when all's said and done this chicken thing is probably not so much about a genuine fear of getting sick, it's more to do with Brexit and wanting to portray any future UK-US trade agreement as a bad thing.

"For campylobacter, the UK study estimated 280,000 cases - about 450 cases per 100,000 people. The US study estimated 845,024 cases of campylobacter or about 300 cases per 100,000 people."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47440562#:~:text=For%20campylobacter%2C%20the%20UK%20study,studies%20that%20use%20different%20methodologies.

That's not Salmonella friend, CampB can be cooked off which is why it's best to serve risky food like chicken at above 65° , Salmonella is a whole new horror.

It's very robust and lives well on surfaces but will incubate at around 4°C, this is why Americans keep their eggs in the fridge.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:57 pm

Watched "The Trump Show" on BBC2 yesterday.

It was more entertaining than "The West Wing"!
Avon Barksdale

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:17 pm

2 must sees if you haven’t seen them or heard of them, Schitts Creek- the mother and her wigs is my favourite character. And HBOs Succession.

phpBB [video]
Lady Murasaki

Postby Bessie » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:24 pm

Spooks. :bawlin: :bawlin:
Spoiler: show
Adam Carter's death
Bessie

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Star Trek Discovery is back!
:canny:
NastyNickers

Postby Cobs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:18 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Star Trek Discovery is back!

You sound excited. I always feel slightly let down after committing to a sci-fi series. (BSG & The expanse spring to mind).
Only 29 episodes to catch up though if it's really good. I could do that in a month.
Cobs

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:24 pm

Now that is fandabeedozeee!
Thanks for letting us know
Michael Burnham kicks ass.

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:24 pm

Cobs wrote:

You sound excited. I always feel slightly let down after committing to a sci-fi series. (BSG & The expanse spring to mind).
Only 29 episodes to catch up though if it's really good. I could do that in a month.

I’m easily pleased :ooer:
But I really like it. I think I prefer it to Picard, but I liked that too :oops: :laughing:
NastyNickers

Postby Cobs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:42 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Cobs wrote:

But I really like it. I think I prefer it to Picard, but I liked that too :oops: :laughing:

I'll put it on my list.
Cobs

Postby Trekkie » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:46 pm

Cobs wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Cobs wrote:

I'll put it on my list.

You’ll love it, it’s quite brilliant.
Trekkie

Postby xtras1 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:07 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:2 must sees if you haven’t seen them or heard of them, Schitts Creek- the mother and her wigs is my favourite character. And HBOs Succession.

phpBB [video]

Great show . :laughing:
xtras1

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms