If you could do anything...?

A right load of bollocks...

If you could do anything...?

Postby Bella » Mon May 11, 2020 10:03 pm

What would you most like to do? ...

I'm guessing most folks want to see family and friends but aside from that, what do you want to do?

Just for a bit of escapism :cheers:
Bella

Re: If you could do anything...?

Postby Holly » Tue May 12, 2020 7:35 am

Do you mean after this is all over or do you mean in general?

Once we get back to normal I'm looking forward to going out to dinner again, go to shows or the cinema, meet up with friends, go shopping etc...Everything we used to do before.
If you ask in general if I could do anything be it real or imaginable, I'd like to time travel throughout every single centuries :cool:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 am

I want to overcome my fear of flying! so frustrating :bawlin:
xtras1

Postby drum » Tue May 12, 2020 9:54 am

xtras1 wrote:I want to overcome my fear of flying! so frustrating :bawlin:

I've never flown either. zero interest in doing so ever.
drum

Postby drum » Tue May 12, 2020 9:55 am

The film 'Jumper' I'd like that skill and be able to transport myself by just a thought.
drum

Postby xtras1 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:15 pm

drum wrote:The film 'Jumper' I'd like that skill and be able to transport myself by just a thought.

yes that would suit me..... :mrgreen:
xtras1

Postby Cleopatra » Tue May 12, 2020 12:45 pm

Do it. I have flown a fair number of times, now, but I will never forget my first time, walking out onto the tarmac and seeing what, to me, looked like a piece of tin with wonky wings attached. I was terrified and even now it still scares me. But some of my best adventures lay at the other end of the journey; it is so worth it.

My "anything" is still a holiday of a lifetime travelling around America, delayed now, but more time to save.
Cleopatra

Postby drum » Tue May 12, 2020 12:52 pm

I read Stephen Kings 'Langoliers' me no goin in no plane

During a red-eye flight of a Lockheed L-1011 from Los Angeles International Airport to Boston Logan International Airport, the plane flies through a strange light, and most of the passengers and flight crew disappear, leaving behind only personal artifacts. Only those passengers who were asleep remain, and discover the predicament when they wake

ehhh! nawwww! I'll drive.. or swim, I'm good at swimming. :pmsl:
drum

Postby Cleopatra » Tue May 12, 2020 12:57 pm

drum wrote:I read Stephen Kings 'Langoliers' me no goin in no plane

During a red-eye flight of a Lockheed L-1011 from Los Angeles International Airport to Boston Logan International Airport, the plane flies through a strange light, and most of the passengers and flight crew disappear, leaving behind only personal artifacts. Only those passengers who were asleep remain, and discover the predicament when they wake

OOOH I love a good Stephen King and I don't think I've read that one. Time for a rummage through the bookcase, although I have at least a dozen unread books on my list. I don't know what's wrong with me, I used to devour books, reading until the early hours. Now, look at me....on Dogs... :mrgreen: :smilin:
Cleopatra

Postby drum » Tue May 12, 2020 1:00 pm

Cleopatra wrote:

OOOH I love a good Stephen King and I don't think I've read that one. Time for a rummage through the bookcase, although I have at least a dozen unread books on my list. I don't know what's wrong with me, I used to devour books, reading until the early hours. Now, look at me....on Dogs... :mrgreen: :smilin:

:mrgreen: I'm saying nothing.
It's a great read actually, nobody i ever mention it to has ever read it. :shake head:
drum

Postby .SF. » Tue May 12, 2020 1:06 pm

Don't wish to alarm you but have you seen ''Jaws'?
.SF.

Postby drum » Tue May 12, 2020 1:10 pm

.SF. wrote:

Don't wish to alarm you but have you seen ''Jaws'?

I can swim fast . lol
drum

Postby xtras1 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Cleopatra wrote:

Do it. I have flown a fair number of times, now, but I will never forget my first time, walking out onto the tarmac and seeing what, to me, looked like a piece of tin with wonky wings attached. I was terrified and even now it still scares me. But some of my best adventures lay at the other end of the journey; it is so worth it.

My "anything" is still a holiday of a lifetime travelling around America, delayed now, but more time to save.

This lockdown has really made me want it more... I have flown but the fear took over !

I like that what you said..

But some of my best adventures lay at the other end of the journey

How true :smilin:
xtras1

Postby Guest » Tue May 12, 2020 5:51 pm

I haven’t got enough time to do everything I need to do. Never mind what I want to do. Whilst all these need to do things are on the mind it makes it very difficult to enjoy what you want to do even if you can do them!

So I would like time stopped for 2 weeks so I can catch up with the need to do’s in a pleasant anxiety free state and then time start again so I can think about like to do.

One day when I’m Old I might not have anything to do and I might crave something to do. It’s all about balance.

Postby xtras1 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Guest wrote:I haven’t got enough time to do everything I need to do. Never mind what I want to do. Whilst all these need to do things are on the mind it makes it very difficult to enjoy what you want to do even if you can do them!

So I would like time stopped for 2 weeks so I can catch up with the need to do’s in a pleasant anxiety free state and then time start again so I can think about like to do.

One day when I’m Old I might not have anything to do and I might crave something to do. It’s all about balance.

oh what a good idea, that would be great i would like 4 weeks stopped, and still off work to relax and enjoy as like you it has been stressful the mind hasn't been able to relax :shake head:
xtras1

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms