Coronavirus how it has affected people

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Coronavirus how it has affected people

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri May 22, 2020 1:08 pm

Text wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:I hope the man gets found safe and sound as well, but you are stretching it somewhat to put this down as being a virus related incident.

Someone posted a link in the virus thread about the coastguards looking for a missing man in Bournemouth - it turned out he was trying to find a toilet and had just caught a train home.

Stretching it is an understatement.
When I lived on Anglesey the helicopters and lifeboats were out day and night!
Snooks you've supplied absolutely no context with this post .... are you just making shit up?
Do they perhaps have air sea rescue there in case there's ever a virus lock down?

Roly,unlike others I do not make these stories up, I go along with current news . !
People are losing their business, homes and their jobs through no fault of their own , they have no income, we are heading towards a great world wide depression,

https://www.islandecho.co.uk/clifftop-search-for-missing-man-at-freshwater/

I know I've made enough posts about it but I've read your link and it has nothing in it whatsoever about a possible virus related suicide .... you just made that up.
There was a police helicopter over here earlier today am I to assume it was virus related?
The milkman didn't turn up Wednesday morning at my daughters around his usual 6.a.m time .... do we all start suspecting a virus related incident?
Turned out to be a flat battery on his van.
You're losing it.
The virus is all you ever talk about even when the virus has no fucking part in it!
The weather forecast for tomorrow is cooler and windier .... obviously it's the virus!

Snooky is sound. It's one thing for you to disagree with his opinions.... it's quite another to imply he made something up. Quite low of you, actually, Rollup. He is a man of integrity, served his country as a fireman all his life and won a medal for his flawless service. Known him for a decade, never seen him loose his temper or even swear.

Anyone with half a brain can easily see that this pandemic will ultimately unleash a tsunami of mental health issues - especially among those who were already mentally fragile.

The simple truth is he made up the connection of the helicopter search to the virus.
Show me where anything in his link mentions mental health problems due to the virus and people chucking themselves off cliffs .... he found a story that had nothing .... zero zilch to do with the virus but still managed to make it appear there was a connection ..... there clearly wasn't so why did he do it?
Like I say I could have done exactly the same .... with just about every local news item going!
About a month ago an old lady didn't make it back from the shops to her little white cottage down the road.
Turns out she hadn't caught the virus but broke her ankle .... Snooks would have been running around the village flapping his gums about the virus.
Snooks titled this topic ..... Coronavirus how it has affected people .... a blatant deception .... sorry but even heroes lie and get shit wrong.
It was deception.
Last edited by Rolluplostinspace on Fri May 22, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Snookerballs » Fri May 22, 2020 1:11 pm

Text wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:Isle of Wight 11.30 PM at night , and we have two helicopters flying over the cliffs looking for a missing man , 2 Lifeboats at sea and Coastguard rescue teams along with Police invoved in the search
this is becoming a regular occurance over the last few weeks ,
Mental issues are coming to the forefront due to lock down its not only the virus that is killing people it is depression and the uncertainty of the future
I just hope he will be found safe and well .
Coronavirus a silent killer in many ways .

Snooks, it's not just about the mental health issues.
This topic could be widened to include how this crisis will affect our economy, our general lifestyle, and how people relate to each other as social beings. Eg handshakes are gone now. And it might become a cashless society. And paperless too. This virus will change the entire cultural landscape.

What about budget holiday flights? - they made their money by cramming people together like sardines. That won't be possible in future.

This virus isn't going away anytime soon and what we see now, will become pretty much the new normal.
Good thread!

Yes this virus is causing more problems for society , Domestic Violence reports are up , Child Abuse Reports are up .
Business people going to Food Banks for handouts in their Aston Martins, BMW`s etc .
Care Homes normally a thriving business now facing closures .
We cant even go and see the new James Bond Film !!!!
The world has changed overnight, we must not be complacent
Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri May 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Text wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:Isle of Wight 11.30 PM at night , and we have two helicopters flying over the cliffs looking for a missing man , 2 Lifeboats at sea and Coastguard rescue teams along with Police invoved in the search
this is becoming a regular occurance over the last few weeks ,
Mental issues are coming to the forefront due to lock down its not only the virus that is killing people it is depression and the uncertainty of the future
I just hope he will be found safe and well .
Coronavirus a silent killer in many ways .

Snooks, it's not just about the mental health issues.
This topic could be widened to include how this crisis will affect our economy, our general lifestyle, and how people relate to each other as social beings. Eg handshakes are gone now. And it might become a cashless society. And paperless too. This virus will change the entire cultural landscape.

What about budget holiday flights? - they made their money by cramming people together like sardines. That won't be possible in future.

This virus isn't going away anytime soon and what we see now, will become pretty much the new normal.
Good thread!

Yes this virus is causing more problems for society , Domestic Violence reports are up , Child Abuse Reports are up .
Business people going to Food Banks for handouts in their Aston Martins, BMW`s etc .
.... and every helicopter flight you see is searching for a potential suicide victim because f virus stress.
We know all this and we also know people start very deceptive threads .... why did you do it?
Why did you deliberately start a fake news event?
Why are you now tying to make it look like you really started a topic reiterating what has been reported all over the forum and in the media already?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby xtras1 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:23 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:I hope the man gets found safe and sound as well, but you are stretching it somewhat to put this down as being a virus related incident.

Someone posted a link in the virus thread about the coastguards looking for a missing man in Bournemouth - it turned out he was trying to find a toilet and had just caught a train home.

Snooks you've supplied absolutely no context with this post .... are you just making shit up?
Do they perhaps have air sea rescue there in case there's ever a virus lock down?

Roly,unlike others I do not make these stories up, I go along with current news . !
People are losing their business, homes and their jobs through no fault of their own , they have no income, we are heading towards a great world wide depression,

cheers snookers it helps to have the link....

i hope the man is found safe & well, for some reason the link you put up i keep getting : Aw snap something went wrong while displaying this web page.

it is so true people across the globe are being affected with all kinds of issues, i feel for anyone who has financial problems.

:shake head:
xtras1

Postby drum » Fri May 22, 2020 1:30 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

i hope the man is found safe & well, for some reason the link you put up i keep getting : Aw snap something went wrong while displaying this web page.

it is so true people across the globe are being affected with all kinds of issues, i feel for anyone who has financial problems.

Try copying the link into Outline :thumbsup:

https://outline.com/wf5JHF
drum

Postby xtras1 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:34 pm

drum wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Try copying the link into Outline :thumbsup:

https://outline.com/wf5JHF

oh yes!

thanks drum... let me have a go :smilin:
xtras1

Postby xtras1 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:36 pm

voila!!! yep that done the trick :smilin:

poot man is in his 70's still no trace.
xtras1

Postby drum » Fri May 22, 2020 1:40 pm

xtras1 wrote:voila!!! yep that done the trick :smilin:

Its a good wee tool that Outline. I'm already in the habit of using it now. :thumbsup:
Has he not been found yet ? :shake head:
Poor sod, doesnt sound great.
drum

Postby xtras1 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:43 pm

drum wrote:

Its a good wee tool that Outline. I'm already in the habit of using it now. :thumbsup:

i am getting used to using when posting my links, but forgetting when opening up other peoples links :pmsl:

seem so far no trace of him.
xtras1

Postby Red Okktober » Fri May 22, 2020 1:56 pm

Snookerballs wrote:Yes this virus is causing more problems for society , Domestic Violence reports are up , Child Abuse Reports are up .

We already know this - but it doesn't mean every single bad thing that happens is because of the sodding virus!
Red Okktober

Postby Red Okktober » Fri May 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:We know all this and we also know people start very deceptive threads .... why did you do it?

Snooker is one of the doom and gloomers on here who seems to relish bad news.

I think it works along the lines of the more bad news there is, the more you can blame it on the virus, which in turn means you can blame the government for not having sorted it out.

Or a variation thereof.
Red Okktober

Postby ArchieG » Fri May 22, 2020 2:23 pm

xtras1 wrote:
drum wrote:

i am getting used to using when posting my links, but forgetting when opening up other peoples links :pmsl:

seem so far no trace of him.

Lifeboats are both back ashore now, and the Yarmouth boat has gone home. Nobody really knows if hes in the water or not.

Eta.... care homes are not a thriving business. They were going under, wholesale, well before the virus. Not through lack of business but cost pressures. The reason they didnt have PPE was partly they couldnt afford it themselves I’m pretty sure. Until they started screaming about it nobody knew.
ArchieG

Postby Snookerballs » Fri May 22, 2020 7:06 pm

This is " Mental Awareness Week" it does not help that we are in the middle of a Pandemic, and that we face a crisis that has never been experienced before and will last a very long time into the future
Dont knock it, no one is invincible .
Snookerballs

Postby xtras1 » Fri May 22, 2020 7:09 pm

it is very true snookers.... i always think of the elderly, missing there sunday's probably having a pint meeting up with friends for a chat, the elderly who go to church, now a virtual mass, are they able to access it, we all know loneliness is a killer.. there lifeline has been put on hold, and of course that can go across the board for anyone ..
xtras1

Postby Stooo » Fri May 22, 2020 7:32 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:We know all this and we also know people start very deceptive threads .... why did you do it?

Snooker is one of the doom and gloomers on here who seems to relish bad news.

I think it works along the lines of the more bad news there is, the more you can blame it on the virus, which in turn means you can blame the government for not having sorted it out.

Or a variation thereof.

It's more of a case of bringing attention to it, that seems to make you uncomfortable for some reason.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms