Are you ready to move on?

A right load of bollocks...

Are you ready to move on?

Postby Bella » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:01 pm

Are you ready to go shopping, hold family barbecues etc?

I feel reluctant and a bit languid.

Work is beckoning soon so I will have to get out of my little safe bubble .

However getting bored now and in need of drastic exercise etc ...

On a good note , I have grown thousands of seedlings (slug food) and the small garden looks like a jungle. :Wiiiine!:
Bella

Re: Are you ready to move on?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:05 pm

I was at a BBQ last week for granddaughters 2nd birthday in their back garden.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Bella » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:07 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I was at a BBQ last week for granddaughters 2nd birthday in their back garden.

Did it feel different than pre Covid times or the same sort of vibe?
Bella

Postby Nucks » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:25 pm

From what I've seen at work, the social distancing with strangers seems second-nature now, I think things could easily go back to normal. We can't sanitise the world indefinitely. The economy needs a chance to recover and kids need to be back in school.

Have our numbers been going down? I honestly haven't looked for a couple weeks.
Nucks

Postby common sense » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:26 pm

Not going down our High St. this week as shops will undoubtedly be packed. Bet the queue at Primark is long tomorrow.
common sense

Postby common sense » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:27 pm

Nucks wrote:From what I've seen at work, the social distancing with strangers seems second-nature now, I think things could easily go back to normal. We can't sanitise the world indefinitely. The economy needs a chance to recover and kids need to be back in school.

Yes just 36 deaths today.
common sense

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:45 pm

Bella wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I was at a BBQ last week for granddaughters 2nd birthday in their back garden.

Did it feel different than pre Covid times or the same sort of vibe?

Felt exactly the same.
Didn't even think about it.
Just family food beer and wine.
Four doors away were having one too as the guy had just arrived home on leave (navy) and there was a BBQ waiting for him with family there.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:46 pm

common sense wrote:
Nucks wrote:From what I've seen at work, the social distancing with strangers seems second-nature now, I think things could easily go back to normal. We can't sanitise the world indefinitely. The economy needs a chance to recover and kids need to be back in school.

36 people who were going to die anyway and happened to test positive for covid.Those 36 didnt die from covid--they died from their real underlying conditions.Of course there are exceptions.
But 36 dead is a highly misleading statement by dopes in the press.
calitom

Postby drum » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:20 am

Bella wrote:Are you ready to go shopping, hold family barbecues etc?

I feel reluctant and a bit languid.

Work is beckoning soon so I will have to get out of my little safe bubble .

However getting bored now and in need of drastic exercise etc ...

On a good note , I have grown thousands of seedlings (slug food) and the small garden looks like a jungle. :Wiiiine!:

I'm still not attending bigger family events. I've been to see my Dad and sit with him for a while, I've seen the little ones, but they are now seeing their other relations like cousins and aunties/uncles so that keeps me away as I don't know who the cousins have been near. oldest son is still shielding. Were managing ok though.
drum

Postby ArchieG » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:55 am

We'd be quite ready to move on, but having neither siblings nor parents, a family BBQ would be a rather small affair.
ArchieG

Postby Nucks » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:12 am

ArchieG wrote:We'd be quite ready to move on, but having neither siblings nor parents, a family BBQ would be a rather small affair.

Mine are a few thousand miles away. I'm social distancing like a boss. :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby Middens » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:50 am

I'm ready but what's the rush. People queuing outside Primark for hours is just mental. If the government were to announce that jumping in front of cars was now allowed under covid rules, we probably see a spate of that! :pmsl:
Middens

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Middens wrote:I'm ready but what's the rush. People queuing outside Primark for hours is just mental. If the government were to announce that jumping in front of cars was now allowed under covid rules, we probably see a spate of that! :pmsl:

Primark is the cheapest place and does have some nice stuff. These kids have been at home for months, some living in flats getting brainwashed by extremists. Most will come from lower income families and probably need stuff. If you look at the images of selfridges where things are much more expensive there isn’t the same queues and shopping will be a nice experience.

Primark uses modern day slavery and many were protesting against ancient slavery. I think it says more that the lockdown is affecting their health and making them vulnerable to extremists.

It isn’t in the least bit funny. We need to economy up and running not just to live but to protect.

Postby Bella » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:27 pm

My step sons mothers Birthday today,we are best friends and also work together. 4 of us having a typically British Summer Garden party under a piece of plastic covering, it was fun and the first time out for ages :cheers:
Bella

Postby Stooo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:35 pm

calitom wrote:
common sense wrote:

36 people who were going to die anyway and happened to test positive for covid.Those 36 didnt die from covid--they died from their real underlying conditions.Of course there are exceptions.
But 36 dead is a highly misleading statement by dopes in the press.

What would you give for another five minutes with a dying relative let alone another five months that COVID stole from them?
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms