Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby .SF. » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:19 am

Who or what is this 'fam' that A Barksdale keeps talking about
.SF.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:25 pm

.SF. wrote:Who or what is this 'fam' that A Barksdale keeps talking about

It’s street slang for ‘mate’ or ‘friend’

Middle class Avon likes to pretend he is down with the kids.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:04 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:I cannot stand vanilla :pukeup:

I get a hazelnut coffee every year from the Christmas markets in manchester. I don’t know what brand it is though, and I’m not planning on venturing to the markets this year so I’ll have to go without :bawlin:

Yo fam, is that you in your profile pic and if so do you have silver ombre hair styling going on?

I want to say yes but in the interest of honesty it’s not styled, I just haven’t been to the hair dressers and my root blend grew out :mrgreen:

Really? I think the colour looks AMAZING.

Keep it between us, but I am growing my hair out. It should be around shoulder length by Christmas time but ultimately I want to grow it out until Summer next year. I am hoping it ultimately matches my beard which has a lot of white in it or I might get ombre styling myself (I told this to my eldest and she looked at me in absolute disgust!)

The ashy tone is a ball ache. I am mousy brown/dirty blonde but with auburn hints naturally. So I use a toner shampoo to keep the brass at bay. My hairdressers started doing a DIY toner kit too so I’ve had some help.

Oooooh are you going all Jason Mamoa on us? That’ll look amaze! A well done ombré/balayage just looks sun lightened too so good choice! I bet the kids will love it once it’s done. It’s just the thought of it that’s scary :pmsl:

Longer hair is a bit of a faff. I've got some Milkshake leave-in conditioner and Label.M sea salt spray and ditched the Pantene for Paul Mitchell shampoo (I only wash my hair with shampoo once, maybe twice a week at most.) Keeps me entertained I guess.

Not Jason Mamoa but very man should have Jared Leto style long hair at least once in their lives and the kids will just have to grin and bear it ;)
Avon Barksdale

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Guest wrote:
.SF. wrote:Who or what is this 'fam' that A Barksdale keeps talking about

It’s street slang for ‘mate’ or ‘friend’

Middle class Avon likes to pretend he is down with the kids.

S.F, air this fake ass road man guest ya heard? Bredrin is missing the Ends scene,

(It's short for family. The clue is in the first three letters...)
Avon Barksdale

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:18 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:every man should have Jared Leto style long hair at least once in their lives

Mine is on it's way to my shoulders (well it's past my neck anyway) My gf is a rock chick and convinced me to let it grow out. I've always had very short hair because it's very thick and curly, so didn't think i'd like, or get used to, longer hair.

But atm, i'm liking it. Well, until the natural curl kicks in, then probably not so much :mrgreen:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:every man should have Jared Leto style long hair at least once in their lives

Mine is on it's way to my shoulders (well it's past my neck anyway) My gf is a rock chick and convinced me to let it grow out. I've always had very short hair because it's very thick and curly, so didn't think i'd like, or get used to, longer hair.

But atm, i'm liking it. Well, until the natural curl kicks in, then probably not so much :mrgreen:

Gf? I thought you were gay toke?

Postby drum » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:26 pm

I'm jealous watching you lot talking about beautiful hair :shame: I cut about 7/8 inches of the length of mine mid lockdown, it's still longish but I keep it tied up these days. I had my hair down my back for years and years, loved walking in the wind , it would fly like a lions main :wubbers: I stopped colouring it as the fight against the white was never ending and cost a fortune :roll: Now I want to go short short but with a floppy front, just haven't got round to it.
drum

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Gf? I thought you were gay toke?

Sorry to disappoint you guest, but no, i'm straight.

Were you hoping for a date?
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:37 pm

drum wrote:I'm jealous watching you lot talking about beautiful hair :shame: I cut about 7/8 inches of the length of mine mid lockdown, it's still longish but I keep it tied up these days. I had my hair down my back for years and years, loved walking in the wind , it would fly like a lions main :wubbers: I stopped colouring it as the fight against the white was never ending and cost a fortune :roll: Now I want to go short short but with a floppy front, just haven't got round to it.

My gf's hair is down to her waist, she rarely puts it up. I've tried to convince her to get it cut because there's bloody hair everywhere. She's not having it though, says she's never getting it cut.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby drum » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:42 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
drum wrote:I'm jealous watching you lot talking about beautiful hair :shame: I cut about 7/8 inches of the length of mine mid lockdown, it's still longish but I keep it tied up these days. I had my hair down my back for years and years, loved walking in the wind , it would fly like a lions main :wubbers: I stopped colouring it as the fight against the white was never ending and cost a fortune :roll: Now I want to go short short but with a floppy front, just haven't got round to it.

My gf's hair is down to her waist, she rarely puts it up. I've tried to convince her to get it cut because there's bloody hair everywhere. She's not having it though, says she's never getting it cut.

Have you learned to plait it yet ? Brushing long hair can be therapeutic, and good for the scalp. :thumbsup:
drum

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:47 pm

drum wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Have you learned to plait it yet ? Brushing long hair can be therapeutic, and good for the scalp. :thumbsup:

No, she leaves it down, no plaits or anything. She loves having it brushed, but she's got me doing it for ages sometimes. I just can't say no to her though :wubwub:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby drum » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:58 pm

Aww that's sweet :wubwub:
drum

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:07 pm

drum wrote:Aww that's sweet :wubwub:

That's what my mum says :wubbers:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:41 pm

I'm growing mine in the hope of looking 18 again. Do you think it will work? :gigglesnshit:
Raggamuffin

Postby drum » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm growing mine in the hope of looking 18 again. Do you think it will work? :gigglesnshit:

Aww , lol. I wish I looked 18 again. You never know till you try, you might like longer hair :mrgreen: i do french plaits, buns, twists etc but rarely have it down. We forget to spoil ourselves sometimes. Grow you hair, be free :twirl: :twirl: lol.
drum

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms