Stockpiling Again

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby .SF. » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:19 am

Who or what is this 'fam' that A Barksdale keeps talking about
User avatar
.SF.
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:25 pm

.SF. wrote:Who or what is this 'fam' that A Barksdale keeps talking about


It’s street slang for ‘mate’ or ‘friend’

Middle class Avon likes to pretend he is down with the kids.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:04 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:I cannot stand vanilla :pukeup:

I get a hazelnut coffee every year from the Christmas markets in manchester. I don’t know what brand it is though, and I’m not planning on venturing to the markets this year so I’ll have to go without :bawlin:


Yo fam, is that you in your profile pic and if so do you have silver ombre hair styling going on?


I want to say yes but in the interest of honesty it’s not styled, I just haven’t been to the hair dressers and my root blend grew out :mrgreen:


Really? I think the colour looks AMAZING.

Keep it between us, but I am growing my hair out. It should be around shoulder length by Christmas time but ultimately I want to grow it out until Summer next year. I am hoping it ultimately matches my beard which has a lot of white in it or I might get ombre styling myself (I told this to my eldest and she looked at me in absolute disgust!)


The ashy tone is a ball ache. I am mousy brown/dirty blonde but with auburn hints naturally. So I use a toner shampoo to keep the brass at bay. My hairdressers started doing a DIY toner kit too so I’ve had some help.

Oooooh are you going all Jason Mamoa on us? That’ll look amaze! A well done ombré/balayage just looks sun lightened too so good choice! I bet the kids will love it once it’s done. It’s just the thought of it that’s scary :pmsl:


Longer hair is a bit of a faff. I've got some Milkshake leave-in conditioner and Label.M sea salt spray and ditched the Pantene for Paul Mitchell shampoo (I only wash my hair with shampoo once, maybe twice a week at most.) Keeps me entertained I guess.

Not Jason Mamoa but very man should have Jared Leto style long hair at least once in their lives and the kids will just have to grin and bear it ;)
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 11032
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: Here

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Guest wrote:
.SF. wrote:Who or what is this 'fam' that A Barksdale keeps talking about


It’s street slang for ‘mate’ or ‘friend’

Middle class Avon likes to pretend he is down with the kids.


S.F, air this fake ass road man guest ya heard? Bredrin is missing the Ends scene,

(It's short for family. The clue is in the first three letters...)
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 11032
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: Here

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:18 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:every man should have Jared Leto style long hair at least once in their lives


Mine is on it's way to my shoulders (well it's past my neck anyway) My gf is a rock chick and convinced me to let it grow out. I've always had very short hair because it's very thick and curly, so didn't think i'd like, or get used to, longer hair.

But atm, i'm liking it. Well, until the natural curl kicks in, then probably not so much :mrgreen:
User avatar
Toke 'n' gesture
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:25 pm
Location: Here, there and everywhere

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:every man should have Jared Leto style long hair at least once in their lives


Mine is on it's way to my shoulders (well it's past my neck anyway) My gf is a rock chick and convinced me to let it grow out. I've always had very short hair because it's very thick and curly, so didn't think i'd like, or get used to, longer hair.

But atm, i'm liking it. Well, until the natural curl kicks in, then probably not so much :mrgreen:


Gf? I thought you were gay toke?
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby drum » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:26 pm

I'm jealous watching you lot talking about beautiful hair :shame: I cut about 7/8 inches of the length of mine mid lockdown, it's still longish but I keep it tied up these days. I had my hair down my back for years and years, loved walking in the wind , it would fly like a lions main :wubbers: I stopped colouring it as the fight against the white was never ending and cost a fortune :roll: Now I want to go short short but with a floppy front, just haven't got round to it.
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Moscow, Scotland

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:every man should have Jared Leto style long hair at least once in their lives


Mine is on it's way to my shoulders (well it's past my neck anyway) My gf is a rock chick and convinced me to let it grow out. I've always had very short hair because it's very thick and curly, so didn't think i'd like, or get used to, longer hair.

But atm, i'm liking it. Well, until the natural curl kicks in, then probably not so much :mrgreen:


Gf? I thought you were gay toke?



Sorry to disappoint you guest, but no, i'm straight.

Were you hoping for a date?
User avatar
Toke 'n' gesture
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:25 pm
Location: Here, there and everywhere

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:37 pm

drum wrote:I'm jealous watching you lot talking about beautiful hair :shame: I cut about 7/8 inches of the length of mine mid lockdown, it's still longish but I keep it tied up these days. I had my hair down my back for years and years, loved walking in the wind , it would fly like a lions main :wubbers: I stopped colouring it as the fight against the white was never ending and cost a fortune :roll: Now I want to go short short but with a floppy front, just haven't got round to it.



My gf's hair is down to her waist, she rarely puts it up. I've tried to convince her to get it cut because there's bloody hair everywhere. She's not having it though, says she's never getting it cut.
User avatar
Toke 'n' gesture
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:25 pm
Location: Here, there and everywhere

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby drum » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:42 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
drum wrote:I'm jealous watching you lot talking about beautiful hair :shame: I cut about 7/8 inches of the length of mine mid lockdown, it's still longish but I keep it tied up these days. I had my hair down my back for years and years, loved walking in the wind , it would fly like a lions main :wubbers: I stopped colouring it as the fight against the white was never ending and cost a fortune :roll: Now I want to go short short but with a floppy front, just haven't got round to it.



My gf's hair is down to her waist, she rarely puts it up. I've tried to convince her to get it cut because there's bloody hair everywhere. She's not having it though, says she's never getting it cut.


Have you learned to plait it yet ? Brushing long hair can be therapeutic, and good for the scalp. :thumbsup:
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Moscow, Scotland

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:47 pm

drum wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
drum wrote:I'm jealous watching you lot talking about beautiful hair :shame: I cut about 7/8 inches of the length of mine mid lockdown, it's still longish but I keep it tied up these days. I had my hair down my back for years and years, loved walking in the wind , it would fly like a lions main :wubbers: I stopped colouring it as the fight against the white was never ending and cost a fortune :roll: Now I want to go short short but with a floppy front, just haven't got round to it.



My gf's hair is down to her waist, she rarely puts it up. I've tried to convince her to get it cut because there's bloody hair everywhere. She's not having it though, says she's never getting it cut.


Have you learned to plait it yet ? Brushing long hair can be therapeutic, and good for the scalp. :thumbsup:



No, she leaves it down, no plaits or anything. She loves having it brushed, but she's got me doing it for ages sometimes. I just can't say no to her though :wubwub:
User avatar
Toke 'n' gesture
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:25 pm
Location: Here, there and everywhere

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby drum » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:58 pm

Aww that's sweet :wubwub:
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Moscow, Scotland

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:07 pm

drum wrote:Aww that's sweet :wubwub:



That's what my mum says :wubbers:
User avatar
Toke 'n' gesture
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:25 pm
Location: Here, there and everywhere

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:41 pm

drum wrote:I'm jealous watching you lot talking about beautiful hair :shame: I cut about 7/8 inches of the length of mine mid lockdown, it's still longish but I keep it tied up these days. I had my hair down my back for years and years, loved walking in the wind , it would fly like a lions main :wubbers: I stopped colouring it as the fight against the white was never ending and cost a fortune :roll: Now I want to go short short but with a floppy front, just haven't got round to it.


I'm growing mine in the hope of looking 18 again. Do you think it will work? :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
Raggamuffin
 
Posts: 35159
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Stockpiling Again

Postby drum » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
drum wrote:I'm jealous watching you lot talking about beautiful hair :shame: I cut about 7/8 inches of the length of mine mid lockdown, it's still longish but I keep it tied up these days. I had my hair down my back for years and years, loved walking in the wind , it would fly like a lions main :wubbers: I stopped colouring it as the fight against the white was never ending and cost a fortune :roll: Now I want to go short short but with a floppy front, just haven't got round to it.


I'm growing mine in the hope of looking 18 again. Do you think it will work? :gigglesnshit:


Aww , lol. I wish I looked 18 again. You never know till you try, you might like longer hair :mrgreen: i do french plaits, buns, twists etc but rarely have it down. We forget to spoil ourselves sometimes. Grow you hair, be free :twirl: :twirl: lol.
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Moscow, Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests