Is this going OTT?

A right load of bollocks...

Is this going OTT?

Postby Holly » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:19 am

Mum's claim that tickling is child abuse divides the internet

A mum's extreme view on social media has divided the internet, as she has controversially claimed that tickling should be considered "child abuse".

According to the mother, if a child does not consent to tickling, the parent should stop immediately.

If not, it should be construed as an act of child abuse.

"If they [kids] come looking for it/ask for it, they like it [tickling]," she wrote in a message to another mum, which has since been widely shared on Facebook.

"It's about consent and you are teaching them their body, their rules."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/ne ... d=12364456

( Don't know why outline didn't work )
Holly
Site Admin

Re: Is ts going OTT?

Postby Dean » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:20 am

What is ts?
Dean

Postby Holly » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:25 am

Dean wrote:What is ts?

Have you not read the article? Tickling your child could be viewed as child abuse :ooer:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:27 am

Holly wrote:

Have you not read the article? Tickling your child could be viewed as child abuse :ooer:

The article doesn’t explain what ts means? :dunno:
Dean

Postby LordRaven » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:39 am

Holly wrote:Mum's claim that tickling is child abuse divides the internet

A mum's extreme view on social media has divided the internet, as she has controversially claimed that tickling should be considered "child abuse".

According to the mother, if a child does not consent to tickling, the parent should stop immediately.

"If they [kids] come looking for it/ask for it, they like it [tickling]," she wrote in a message to another mum, which has since been widely shared on Facebook.

I can't read the article because it will make me puke, whoever is saying this is clearly a twat!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Holly » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:43 am

Dean wrote:
Holly wrote:

...yeah yeah OK, I fixed it, although I'm sure you understood...so now that I corrected it, do you have any input or opinion?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:47 am

Holly wrote:
Dean wrote:
Holly wrote:

...yeah yeah OK, I fixed it, although I'm sure you understood...so now that I corrected it, do you have any input or opinion?

I genuinely thought you meant ts, that’s why I asked.

I’m not one to get up in arms over one persons stupid opinion which is clearly bonkers. I doubt many other people share their opinion so I wouldn’t worry about it personally.
Dean

Postby Holly » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:47 am

LordRaven wrote:

I can't read the article because it will make me puke, whoever is saying this is clearly a twat!

Ridiculous, isn't it? What next? :roll:
Holly
Site Admin

Re: Is this going OTT?

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:49 am

parents do lots of things that if analysed could be seen as making a child do something without their consent, and most children would be running about as half naked ferals if we didn't

tickling might not be done for anything but fun, but bonding with your children in a tactile way is as important as emotional bonding, to say otherwise is ridiculous - consent in the context of tickling your 5 year old child is a nonsense, now if it's your 15 year old that is probably slightly different
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:50 am

Dean wrote:
Holly wrote:
Dean wrote:
Holly wrote:

I genuinely thought you meant ts, that’s why I asked.

I’m not one to get up in arms over one persons stupid opinion which is clearly bonkers. I doubt many other people share their opinion so I wouldn’t worry about it personally.

Thank you, I agree, it's totally bonkers, unfortunately it starts with one moronic person and then spreads like wildfire...suddenly it becomes law :roll:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:53 am

Holly wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Ridiculous, isn't it? What next? :roll:

Whoever holds this view needs a check up from the neck up Holly.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:55 am

HobbitFeet wrote:parents do lots of things that if analysed could be seen as making a child do something without their consent, and most children would be running about as half naked ferals if we didn't

tickling might not be done for anything but fun, but bonding with your children in a tactile way is as important as emotional bonding, to say otherwise is ridiculous - consent in the context of tickling your 5 year old child is a nonsense, now if it's your 15 year old that is probably slightly different

Parenting toddlers is very tactile, parenting children into their teens would seem more a matter of preparing them to leave the nest.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby xtras1 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:56 am

Last time someone tickled me I kicked them so hard busted the person's lip! :ooer:

Tickling is meant to be fun.. but it's not. :snooty:
xtras1

Postby LordRaven » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:02 am

xtras1 wrote:Last time someone tickled me I kicked them so hard busted the person's lip! :ooer:

Tickling is meant to be fun.. but it's not. :snooty:

Were the police called?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Holly » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:40 am

HobbitFeet wrote:parents do lots of things that if analysed could be seen as making a child do something without their consent, and most children would be running about as half naked ferals if we didn't

Yes, that's exactly my sentiment, I often tickled my kids and they loved it even though they said stop, as soon as I did they wanted more...it's ridiculous to call this child abuse as no parent would ever use tickling as punishment or abuse. The world is going crazy.
Holly
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms