What's on the menu tonight? Course 9

A right load of bollocks...

What's on the menu tonight? Course 9

Postby Bessie » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:26 am

HobbitFeet wrote:M&S gastropub fish pie

and their microwave grren veg with some butter thing (parsley maybe)


there will be no cooking from scratch today

Too busy or too tired?
User avatar
Bessie
 
Posts: 1755
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:36 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 8

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:31 am

Bessie wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:M&S gastropub fish pie

and their microwave grren veg with some butter thing (parsley maybe)


there will be no cooking from scratch today

Too busy or too tired?



I do a long work day on a Wednesday (although I do distract myself with other internet nonsense :ooer: ) so i like to go for the easy option, and to be honest that fish pie is really nice, not as nice as home made but certainly a worthwhile compromise
User avatar
HobbitFeet
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14868
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 8

Postby Gabby » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:23 am

Stooo wrote:
Gabby wrote:On a lighter note :thud: .... steak and onions in the slow cooker right now... having mash, roasties, cabbage and carrots with it later!.... and of course ——-> :cheers:


Sounds nice, I'm having that today :drool:


It was :razz: ... I love it done in the slow cooker, not the best method though if you like it still mooing! :laughing:.... not sure yet what’s on tonight’s menu? :dunno:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 23401
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 8

Postby Stooo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:08 pm

Gabby wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Gabby wrote:On a lighter note :thud: .... steak and onions in the slow cooker right now... having mash, roasties, cabbage and carrots with it later!.... and of course ——-> :cheers:


Sounds nice, I'm having that today :drool:


It was :razz: ... I love it done in the slow cooker, not the best method though if you like it still mooing! :laughing:.... not sure yet what’s on tonight’s menu? :dunno:


I'm using the slow cooker after giving it a good clean, it was bogging. I got a kilo of 'topside steak' which is not a fucking cut of steak, some lardons, mushrooms and a garlic and cream sauce, it should start to bubble in an hour or so.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 103456
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Warm cottage in deep Devon.

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 8

Postby Stooo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:09 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Bessie wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:M&S gastropub fish pie

and their microwave grren veg with some butter thing (parsley maybe)


there will be no cooking from scratch today

Too busy or too tired?



I do a long work day on a Wednesday (although I do distract myself with other internet nonsense :ooer: ) so i like to go for the easy option, and to be honest that fish pie is really nice, not as nice as home made but certainly a worthwhile compromise


This is the first bit of cooking that I've done for months.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 103456
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Warm cottage in deep Devon.

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 8

Postby drum » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:19 pm

Another hands up for the slow cookers :Hiya:
I also have a triple one, 3 one litre pots
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Moscow, Scotland

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 8

Postby Gabby » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:28 pm

drum wrote:Another hands up for the slow cookers :Hiya:
I also have a triple one, 3 one litre pots


I’ve seen those, great for a few different dishes to cook separately.... mines a 5.5 litre :smilin:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 23401
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 8

Postby Text » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Chicken & smoked ham paella.
Fab!!
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 22528
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 9

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Simple mash mince and onions mashed carrots and delicious.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 12873
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 9

Postby drum » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:00 am

You lot and your slow cooker dinners... I've got mine on now too :mrgreen: Beef and Ale casserole without the ale. I used a Schwartz mix for slow cookers, fried off cubed beef, fried off onions added carrots a tin of tomatoes and a few oxos, half a cup of water only.. the steam will increase the fluid/gravy. With crusty bread :drool:
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Moscow, Scotland

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 9

Postby Bessie » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:39 am

drum wrote:You lot and your slow cooker dinners... I've got mine on now too :mrgreen: Beef and Ale casserole without the ale. I used a Schwartz mix for slow cookers, fried off cubed beef, fried off onions added carrots a tin of tomatoes and a few oxos, half a cup of water only.. the steam will increase the fluid/gravy. With crusty bread :drool:

Sounds good, apart from the beef. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Bessie
 
Posts: 1755
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:36 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 9

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:13 pm

Chicken ping and chips, I've got a portion from yesterday tucked away in the fridge for tomorrow.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 103456
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Warm cottage in deep Devon.

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 9

Postby drum » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Stooo wrote:Chicken ping and chips, I've got a portion from yesterday tucked away in the fridge for tomorrow.


What's chicken ping ?
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Moscow, Scotland

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 9

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:54 pm

drum wrote:
Stooo wrote:Chicken ping and chips, I've got a portion from yesterday tucked away in the fridge for tomorrow.


What's chicken ping ?


The noise that the microwave makes when it's done.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 103456
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Warm cottage in deep Devon.

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 9

Postby drum » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Stooo wrote:
drum wrote:
Stooo wrote:Chicken ping and chips, I've got a portion from yesterday tucked away in the fridge for tomorrow.


What's chicken ping ?


The noise that the microwave makes when it's done.


ohh ffs! ok. :oops:
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Moscow, Scotland

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests