DS Thread #123

Big Threads

Re: DS Thread #123

Postby guest » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:04 pm

drum wrote:Makes sense, there are many people struggling with day to day life through all of this. Some of them are even on forums.

Yes it's really nice to be patronised and talked down to, then again most millenials can't cope with telling the time on an anologue clock or knowing the letters of the alphabet so it's no surprise they can't cope with the realilites of everyday life.

Postby studentman » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:06 pm

This is a good thing digital spy has done. There is only so much death that people can take. There seem to be alot of anxious people on that thread and people have said it is mentally affecting them so I think it is a excellent idea. I don't wish to go on that threat now just because it affects me and its why I don't even like watching the news now
studentman

Postby drum » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:17 pm

studentman wrote:This is a good thing digital spy has done. There is only so much death that people can take. There seem to be alot of anxious people on that thread and people have said it is mentally affecting them so I think it is a excellent idea. I don't wish to go on that threat now just because it affects me and its why I don't even like watching the news now

Welcome to Dogs studentman :Hiya:

I think so too, it's a responsible move from them. If what you're reading online is having an impact on your day to day life then yes, step back from that.
drum

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:35 pm

guest wrote:If there was any doubt Digital Spy is run by woke lefties then today has proved it. This is what the mods have published for the new Coronavirus thread:

This thread will contain information that can be distressing and have a negative impact on you mentally. Discussing cases, deaths and safety measures can definitely take a toll, so if you feel this information may affect you it might be wise to avoid this thread as these details may be discussed frequently. Please see resources for mental health organisations linked below if you feel you may need help with your mental health:

Samaritans:
https://www.samaritans.org

Mind:
https://www.mind.org.uk/

CALM:
https://www.thecalmzone.net

Yes DS have put out helpline numbers in case people get upset posting or reading about covid. Is DS run by frightened millenials?

That's just basic compassion to me.

Woke, imho, is stuff like students demanding someone be sacked because they said the word "Negro" when reading from a historical text or Tampax's little PR stunt of "celebrating diversity of all people who bleed" and that kind of shit. For once I'm actually in support of the DS mods as I've long felt the doom spreaders on DS are damaging/damaged people.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:36 pm

guest wrote:
drum wrote:Makes sense, there are many people struggling with day to day life through all of this. Some of them are even on forums.

Yes it's really nice to be patronised and talked down to, then again most millenials can't cope with telling the time on an anologue clock or knowing the letters of the alphabet so it's no surprise they can't cope with the realilites of everyday life.

I wonder why you choose to see it like that. A shame anyone would be so bitter and angry about a kind gesture but we live in bizarre times, I suppose.

Postby Middens » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:31 pm

Guest wrote:
guest wrote:If there was any doubt Digital Spy is run by woke lefties then today has proved it. This is what the mods have published for the new Coronavirus thread:

This thread will contain information that can be distressing and have a negative impact on you mentally. Discussing cases, deaths and safety measures can definitely take a toll, so if you feel this information may affect you it might be wise to avoid this thread as these details may be discussed frequently. Please see resources for mental health organisations linked below if you feel you may need help with your mental health:

Samaritans:

Mind:

CALM:

Yes DS have put out helpline numbers in case people get upset posting or reading about covid. Is DS run by frightened millenials?

That's just basic compassion to me.

Woke, imho, is stuff like students demanding someone be sacked because they said the word "Negro" when reading from a historical text or Tampax's little PR stunt of "celebrating diversity of all people who bleed" and that kind of shit. For once I'm actually in support of the DS mods as I've long felt the doom spreaders on DS are damaging/damaged people.

It is. Who can can be arsed with wokes being woke and deplorables accusing anyone with basic humanity of being woke! Two sides of one coin.
Middens

Postby Del Boy » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Samaritans:

Mind:

CALM:

I'm surprised you didn't use the word snowflakes. What exactly is the issue here?
Del Boy

Postby Stooo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:37 pm

guest wrote:

The average reading age of the country as a whole is nine. It's not just the kids chap...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:12 am

studentman wrote:This is a good thing digital spy has done. There is only so much death that people can take. There seem to be alot of anxious people on that thread and people have said it is mentally affecting them so I think it is a excellent idea. I don't wish to go on that threat now just because it affects me and its why I don't even like watching the news now

So you managed to sneak in again eh? :roll:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:57 am

Many on the corona thread should be banned from posting on it for their own sakes and for the sake of those who cannot get out of fear mode it's like a fear fest in there,or maybe it would have been better to make a separate forum so many different views can be seen. That one thread has tended to become just a few people trying their hardest to make C19 seem worse than Spanish flu in its height and woe betide anyone trying to bring reason into it.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:13 am

Guest wrote:Many on the corona thread should be banned from posting on it for their own sakes and for the sake of those who cannot get out of fear mode it's like a fear fest in there,or maybe it would have been better to make a separate forum so many different views can be seen. That one thread has tended to become just a few people trying their hardest to make C19 seem worse than Spanish flu in its height and woe betide anyone trying to bring reason into it.

Indeed.

This is the symptom of one sided moderation which allows posters to push their agenda without challenge.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:07 am

Oh how I wish Patsystone was still on DS today now the EHRC report into Labour has been released. Looks like everything she claimed turned out to be true.

Postby ArchieG » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:16 am

Guest wrote:Many on the corona thread should be banned from posting on it for their own sakes and for the sake of those who cannot get out of fear mode it's like a fear fest in there,or maybe it would have been better to make a separate forum so many different views can be seen. That one thread has tended to become just a few people trying their hardest to make C19 seem worse than Spanish flu in its height and woe betide anyone trying to bring reason into it.

Since most of the same people spend the rest of their time wishing death on the boomers for voting for Brexit, it's a strange paradox. Behold the pale horse, and they fall to bits.
ArchieG

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:02 am

Guest wrote:Oh how I wish Patsystone was still on DS today now the EHRC report into Labour has been released. Looks like everything she claimed turned out to be true.

I’m already watching the thread with morbid fascination. The EHRC have been unequivocal. Labour acted illegally and most of the blame was with the leadership, which at the time was Corbyn and his allies. Yet Brian Grahame is already claiming that the EHRC is somehow linked to the right wing press. And all smudges dad can do is scream Tory Islamaphobia. Whataboutary in the extreme.

We all suffer from denial sometimes. But this is level is starting to look pathological.

Postby drum » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:07 am

@ samthefootball

You are banned, no more posts will be approved from you. That post towards Holly was disgusting.
drum

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive