Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby common sense » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:36 pm

Gabby wrote:
common sense wrote:Found tinned green beans in Asda. Ben looking ages. Got 6 tins as there weren't many.


Don’t you find tinned veg overcooked?... I like all veg al dente :mrgreen:



Not really. I eat them cold from the tin after draining them so don't warm again.
User avatar
common sense
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything

Postby Dean » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:30 pm

Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:
drum wrote:
Dean wrote:
I assumed it was ok as it happened to me yesterday but wasn’t deleted. :dunno:


That should have been deleted as well. Please report when you see it rather than quote it. thanks :thumbsup:


Snitches get stitches... :snooty:

But yes you’re right, it should have been deleted.


That doesn't excuse you.


I can’t respond under threat of a perma ban. Goodnight.
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 47405
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby Goodwife » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 pm

common sense wrote:
Gabby wrote:
common sense wrote:Found tinned green beans in Asda. Ben looking ages. Got 6 tins as there weren't many.


Don’t you find tinned veg overcooked?... I like all veg al dente :mrgreen:



Not really. I eat them cold from the tin after draining them so don't warm again.


Why not just buy fresh ones?

Or better still make a little allotment in your back garden & grow some. The exercise will do you good

But then at least being disgusting and eating cold veg from a tin is better than eating fried chicken
User avatar
Goodwife
 
Posts: 9047
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:53 pm

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby common sense » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:18 am

Goodwife wrote:

Why not just buy fresh ones?

Or better still make a little allotment in your back garden & grow some. The exercise will do you good

But then at least being disgusting and eating cold veg from a tin is better than eating fried chicken


Nothing wrong with fried chicken, or any food for that matter, such as chips, pizza etc, once in a while.

I just prefer the taste of tinned veg. and as my GP says, she'd rather me eat those that no veg at all. Bought some bananas and broccoli yesterday.
User avatar
common sense
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby ArchieG » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:07 am

common sense wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Why not just buy fresh ones?

Or better still make a little allotment in your back garden & grow some. The exercise will do you good

But then at least being disgusting and eating cold veg from a tin is better than eating fried chicken


Nothing wrong with fried chicken, or any food for that matter, such as chips, pizza etc, once in a while.

I just prefer the taste of tinned veg. and as my GP says, she'd rather me eat those that no veg at all. Bought some bananas and broccoli yesterday.

Canned bananas? Sounds great :pukeup:
User avatar
ArchieG
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:56 pm
Location: The South Island

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby common sense » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:20 am

ArchieG wrote:
common sense wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Why not just buy fresh ones?

Or better still make a little allotment in your back garden & grow some. The exercise will do you good

But then at least being disgusting and eating cold veg from a tin is better than eating fried chicken


Nothing wrong with fried chicken, or any food for that matter, such as chips, pizza etc, once in a while.

I just prefer the taste of tinned veg. and as my GP says, she'd rather me eat those that no veg at all. Bought some bananas and broccoli yesterday.

Canned bananas? Sounds great :pukeup:


LOL. No. Don't think they exist.
User avatar
common sense
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:54 am

common sense wrote:
ArchieG wrote:
common sense wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Why not just buy fresh ones?

Or better still make a little allotment in your back garden & grow some. The exercise will do you good

But then at least being disgusting and eating cold veg from a tin is better than eating fried chicken


Nothing wrong with fried chicken, or any food for that matter, such as chips, pizza etc, once in a while.

I just prefer the taste of tinned veg. and as my GP says, she'd rather me eat those that no veg at all. Bought some bananas and broccoli yesterday.

Canned bananas? Sounds great :pukeup:


LOL. No. Don't think they exist.

https://www.google.com/search?q=canned+ ... 20&bih=969
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 12873
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:35 pm

Canned whole chicken, I’m dining retro :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby common sense » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Guest wrote:Canned whole chicken, I’m dining retro :gigglesnshit:


Asda's tinned chicken curry is okay for a quick meal. Have it with rice or mash or jacket spud.
User avatar
common sense
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:03 pm

common sense wrote:
Guest wrote:Canned whole chicken, I’m dining retro :gigglesnshit:


Asda's tinned chicken curry is okay for a quick meal. Have it with rice or mash or jacket spud.

I like doing home made curries on a bed of mashed potatoes because I hate rice
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby xtras1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:25 pm

common sense wrote:
Guest wrote:Canned whole chicken, I’m dining retro :gigglesnshit:


Asda's tinned chicken curry is okay for a quick meal. Have it with rice or mash or jacket spud.



:pukeup:

Why dont you make your own :smilin:
User avatar
xtras1
 
Posts: 10982
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby common sense » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:19 pm

We've had no water since 4pm and it's affecting most of East London now. Thames Water's website say it's due to a leak on a very large pipe in Hackney Marshes but they're having difficulty locating the exact location. They've isolated the pipe and are pumping water in to the system from tankers now, hoping to restore some sort of supply by the early hours. They have three teams working through the night as this is an emergency situation. It'll be very low pressure at first but they say at least everyone should get some water by morning. Also they're setting up sites to give away free bottled water at supermarkets and other locations.

Just in case someone think I'm making it up.

https://www.thameswater.co.uk/network-l ... n-06102020
Last edited by common sense on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
common sense
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby common sense » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:20 pm

xtras1 wrote:
common sense wrote:
Guest wrote:Canned whole chicken, I’m dining retro :gigglesnshit:


Asda's tinned chicken curry is okay for a quick meal. Have it with rice or mash or jacket spud.



:pukeup:

Why dont you make your own :smilin:



I do sometimes, chicken breasts and a tikka massala jar.
User avatar
common sense
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:25 pm

common sense wrote:We've had no water since 4pm and it's affecting most of East London now. Thames Water's website say it's due to a leak on a very large pipe in Hackney Marshes but they're having difficulty locating the exact location. They've isolated the pipe and are pumping water in to the system from tankers now, hoping to restore some sort of supply by the early hours. They have three teams working through the night as this is an emergency situation. It'll be very low pressure at first but they say at least everyone should get some water by morning. Also they're setting up sites to give away free bottled water at supermarkets and other locations.

Just in case someone think I'm making it up.

https://www.thameswater.co.uk/network-l ... n-06102020


Just lay off bathing for a while and use water sparingly for drinking cooking and eating.
Water is a resource that should be treasured.
You might end up humming a bit but you’ll be doing your best for the community.
Just make sure your fish get enough as well.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 2

Postby ArchieG » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:37 am

Here's a question then, where are you, Chris. I'm a little worried about you, this is your longest absence in the 6 months odd I've been here.
User avatar
ArchieG
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:56 pm
Location: The South Island

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests