Have You Ever

A right load of bollocks...

Have You Ever

Postby Major » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:29 pm

had a alarming , scary incident whilst flying in an airplane ???????????????????
Major
Twat.

Re: Have You Ever

Postby Text » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:30 pm

Major wrote:had a alarming , scary incident whilst flying in an airplane ???????????????????

There has been no one particular incident.
But I so hate it when a plane hits turbulence and rattles like a bag of empty tin cans, complete with sound effects.
Damn scary!!! :yikes:
Text

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:51 pm

Text wrote:
Major wrote:had a alarming , scary incident whilst flying in an airplane ???????????????????

There has been no one particular incident.
But I so hate it when a plane hits turbulence and rattles like a bag of empty tin cans, complete with sound effects.
Damn scary!!! :yikes:

I used to feel that way but applying fluid dynamics thinking to the experience I just imagine that I’m on a small boat heading through choppy waters and that has a real calming effect on me.
Wind shear experiences when the plane drops several hundred feet are fucking scary though.
People seemed to fly upwards, as they became weightless, out of their seats and hit their heads on the overhead lockers, which in turn flew open and possessions poured out.

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:41 pm

I love turbulence. We had it really bad flying back from a hol when I was younger. The lights went out and everything. I thought it was great. My nanna, not so much :gigglesnshit:
NastyNickers

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:14 am

Yes. A really horrible flight attendant, she didn’t get the memo about being nice to customers. It became quite comical by the end of the flight and bonded the passengers in a way that wouldn’t have happened otherwise.
Lady Murasaki

Postby .SF. » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:08 pm

One incident I'll not forget, not because it was briefly alarming but because of the strange coincidental nature of it. Driving to Heathrow for a flight to Chicago with my then nine year old son he asked me what would happen if our plane got struck by lightning. Of course I reassured him it wouldn't happen, etc etc. A few minutes after take off we were struck by lightning.
.SF.

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:17 pm

was to pissed to know any different.
art0hur0moh

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms