What's the most difficult question to answer

A right load of bollocks...

What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby .SF. » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:59 am

For me it's 'How are you?' I never know what to say to that one.
User avatar
.SF.
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:34 am

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:09 pm

Why do bad things happen to good people?
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 11032
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: Here

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:12 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:Why do bad things happen to good people?


They don’t. You reap what you sow. If you’re having a tough time of it it’s because of the way you’ve acted in the past.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Why do bad things happen to good people?


They don’t. You reap what you sow. If you’re having a tough time of it it’s because of the way you’ve acted in the past.


So the kids starving to death in the Yemen is because of karma?

Right you are then mate.
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 11032
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: Here

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:23 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Why do bad things happen to good people?


They don’t. You reap what you sow. If you’re having a tough time of it it’s because of the way you’ve acted in the past.


So the kids starving to death in the Yemen is because of karma?

Right you are then mate.


You have no idea what those kids have done in their lives. They could be suicide bombers for all you know.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby drum » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:30 pm

Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Why do bad things happen to good people?


They don’t. You reap what you sow. If you’re having a tough time of it it’s because of the way you’ve acted in the past.


So the kids starving to death in the Yemen is because of karma?

Right you are then mate.


You have no idea what those kids have done in their lives. They could be suicide bombers for all you know.



Highly unlikely, if they were suicide bombers they wouldn't be alive :roll:
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Moscow, Scotland

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:31 pm

.SF. wrote:For me it's 'How are you?' I never know what to say to that one.



There are generally two reasons that people ask that question.

The first is that it's the equivalent for merely saying hello, so you just reply that you're fine thank you.

The second reason is that they know something bad happened to you recently and they'd genuinely like to know how you're bearing up. You can usually tell by the emphasis - if the emphasis is on the word "are", they probably genuinely want to know how you're doing.
User avatar
Raggamuffin
 
Posts: 35159
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:51 am

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby drum » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:33 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:Why do bad things happen to good people?



apparently because of the law of karma, for stuff you did in previous lives :dunno:
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Moscow, Scotland

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:34 pm

drum wrote:
Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Why do bad things happen to good people?


They don’t. You reap what you sow. If you’re having a tough time of it it’s because of the way you’ve acted in the past.


So the kids starving to death in the Yemen is because of karma?

Right you are then mate.


You have no idea what those kids have done in their lives. They could be suicide bombers for all you know.



Highly unlikely, if they were suicide bombers they wouldn't be alive :roll:


Oh, you’re one of those that think all suicide bombers die? Lol.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:42 pm

Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Why do bad things happen to good people?


They don’t. You reap what you sow. If you’re having a tough time of it it’s because of the way you’ve acted in the past.


So the kids starving to death in the Yemen is because of karma?

Right you are then mate.


You have no idea what those kids have done in their lives. They could be suicide bombers for all you know.

Millions of them?
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 12873
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby drum » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:44 pm

Guest wrote:
Oh, you’re one of those that think all suicide bombers die? Lol.


The clue is in the name 'suicide' :off head:
User avatar
drum
 
Posts: 5310
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Moscow, Scotland

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:46 pm

drum wrote:
Guest wrote:
Oh, you’re one of those that think all suicide bombers die? Lol.


The clue is in the name 'suicide' :off head:


Because everything is literal? Cop on drum, you aren’t this stupid.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 pm

drum wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Why do bad things happen to good people?



apparently because of the law of karma, for stuff you did in previous lives :dunno:


Yes. It's a bit more complex than that, but it's the views of many Buddhist teachings. Of course, the person who is suffering doesn't remember what happened in their last life, so they're not being punished as such.
User avatar
Raggamuffin
 
Posts: 35159
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:51 am

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby Text » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:56 pm

Guest wrote:
drum wrote:
Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:They don’t. You reap what you sow. If you’re having a tough time of it it’s because of the way you’ve acted in the past.


So the kids starving to death in the Yemen is because of karma?

Right you are then mate.


You have no idea what those kids have done in their lives. They could be suicide bombers for all you know.



Highly unlikely, if they were suicide bombers they wouldn't be alive :roll:


Oh, you’re one of those that think all suicide bombers die? Lol.


When you say something so patently false, bow out gracefully rather than trying to cleverly worm your way out of a tight spot.

There are UK hospital wards full of small children with cancer - what do you reckon they did to 'deserve' it?

Glen Hoddle lost his job as England manager when he said disabled people must have done bad things in a previous lifetime. Your logic is similar, guest.
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 22528
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: What's the most difficult question to answer

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:57 pm

drum wrote:
Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Why do bad things happen to good people?


They don’t. You reap what you sow. If you’re having a tough time of it it’s because of the way you’ve acted in the past.


So the kids starving to death in the Yemen is because of karma?

Right you are then mate.


You have no idea what those kids have done in their lives. They could be suicide bombers for all you know.



Highly unlikely, if they were suicide bombers they wouldn't be alive :roll:


Best.Answer.Ever.
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 11032
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: Here

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests

cron