Winter.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Winter.

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:14 pm

Major wrote:I believe we are ready for winter, same clothes as the last 3 years.
I do feel the cold a bit more nowadays though.

Good tip, if you work or are out in the sticks, elements a lot. prior to donning you top coat, tie some cord, baling twine iestg around your middle, it stops the wind going up your back.
Do not wear a woolly hat

Leg warmers stop the wind going up your trousers too!
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Middens wrote:Wearing a facemask out will keep your nose warm I suppose when there's freezing wind.

Yes - these face masks are quite useful after all. :mrgreen:

Indeed they are. There was a virologist on the radio earlier who said that there was no reportable flu in the UK at the moment (our peak is February/March) and that they were expecting a low take up of the disease due to our present restrictions. Flu is harder to get than COVID but deadlier.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Are you ready for a cold one …. a very cold one?
The wooly jumpers are out the hot water bottles the big boots coats gloves and hats and the logs coal and gas are in.
Before a serious lockdown happens I need to get whiskey and wine in.
I need to get yeast too as I'm going to go for it.
I need to get some fuel cans filled up too which will probably happen tomorrow and three vehicles kept topped up.
Must remember de icer as I haven't got any and winter windscreen wash.
Two tyres to buy at the weekend.
Are you ready or will you just go with the flow as things change?

You said the other day you had about 40 bottles of whisky that you've been buying from aldi?

I didn't say forty bottles at all I said I'm getting a growing collection.
You think I should drink my collection?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:00 pm

I'll bring the music...

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:10 pm

Stooo wrote:I'll bring the music...

That opening instrument is a circular violin .... circular saw on a vertical shaft vibrating.
A wooden peg held in the fist and pressed hard and moved in and out while the circular steel is bowed.
I never saw one played but read about Toms use of one in his music .... he likes strange and old instruments.
When you see a list and it says brake drum .... that's exactly what it is.
The use of the circular saw blade in hillbilly music is used to add a few whales here and there but no one plays a full tune with one .... till Tom decided otherwise of course .... he refused the engineers saying it's dead easy to take the vibration and rattle out but he wouldn't let them .... he likes authentic .....

Fawn >>>> the saddest saw you ever heard.

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:I'll bring the music...

That opening instrument is a circular violin .... circular saw on a vertical shaft vibrating.
A wooden peg held in the fist and pressed hard and moved in and out while the circular steel is bowed.
I never saw one played but read about Toms use of one in his music .... he likes strange and old instruments.
When you see a list and it says brake drum .... that's exactly what it is.
The use of the circular saw blade in hillbilly music is used to add a few whales here and there but no one plays a full tune with one .... till Tom decided otherwise of course .... he refused the engineers saying it's dead easy to take the vibration and rattle out but he wouldn't let them .... he likes authentic .....

Fawn >>>> the saddest saw you ever heard.

Reminds me of:

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 pm

Guest wrote:
The wooly jumpers are out the hot water bottles the big boots coats gloves and hats and the logs coal and gas are in.
I need to get some fuel cans filled up too which will probably happen tomorrow and three vehicles kept topped up.

You said the other day you had about 40 bottles of whisky that you've been buying from aldi?

Look you cowardly lying little piece of shit in case you missed it being reposted for you elsewhere ..... viewtopic.php?f=22&t=77592&start=105
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:28 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:

Look you cowardly lying little piece of shit in case you missed it being reposted for you elsewhere ..... viewtopic.php?f=22&t=77592&start=105

And you said you were drinking it and one tasted like sheep shit. Make your mind up or read the crap you post before spitting your dummy out :dafinger:

Postby xtras1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:06 pm

Blimey is it going to be that bad where you are :yikes:
xtras1

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:21 pm

xtras1 wrote:

Blimey is it going to be that bad where you are :yikes:

Who can say but the science for years has said 2020 is the return to a cooling period for the planet and it's the science that was right about the 1930's being a warm period through toward the end of the 1940's when a cooling period would kick off and last till the early seventies when a warming period would kick off then in 2020 a cooling period would be back and if you look how 2020 started in Alaska Canada and huge parts of the US then this summer in the UK where many of us had to light the fire/put the heating on through parts of June July and August then it's looking like the science s still spot on.
The hope is that the little bit of CO2 we have returned to the atmosphere from whence it originally came might help it not be as cold as the 50's and 60's.

America start of 2020
Attachments
freezing America2.png
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:03 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gabby wrote:Fucking hell... Armageddon! :kinell: .... must stock up on bog rolls, flour and wine! :canny:

My little village life is not armageddon.
In severe winters which we haven't had for a good while we get iced in or snowed in pretty quickly and it can last for days power cuts too.
Maybe you modern city people with your busy busy roads and gritters etc don't really have to think like I do but only the village idiot doesn't prepare.
Can you let me have a bucket of coal and some logs I didn't get any .... it happens and we all know who it will happen too but this winter is predicted to be a hard one.
Like I said you centrally heated road gritted public transport galore none stop electricity and gas city people in your heat islands don't really have to go beyond putting on an extra pair of socks and some thermal knickers.

Rather us than you ya daft old twat.
You made your choice to live in the third world.
So suck it up and stop telling us how brilliant you are stocking up for winter and slagging off your neighbours making yourself out to be a local hero.
Read Cold by Ranulph Fiennes to understand why you’re sounding an idiot.
You’d die of fright reading it.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Gabby wrote:Fucking hell... Armageddon! :kinell: .... must stock up on bog rolls, flour and wine! :canny:

Anyone would think the daft twat is living off the grid in Alaska. When really he is just a short drive from civilisation.
Deluded fucker.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:14 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:

I didn't say forty bottles at all I said I'm getting a growing collection.
You think I should drink my collection?

Yes! It’s hardly chateauneuf du pape is it?
I can’t see Sotheby’s in future years auctioning an Aldi whisky collection.
Who are you collecting it for anyway?

Postby .SF. » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:29 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Who can say but the science for years has said 2020 is the return to a cooling period for the planet and it's the science that was right about the 1930's being a warm period through toward the end of the 1940's when a cooling period would kick off and last till the early seventies when a warming period would kick off then in 2020 a cooling period would be back and if you look how 2020 started in Alaska Canada and huge parts of the US then this summer in the UK where many of us had to light the fire/put the heating on through parts of June July and August then it's looking like the science s still spot on.

The problem here is there is no reputable scientific finding that supports your claim (if you think there is could you please show your workings). By the way, the UK Aug average temperature 2020 was the highest in the last five years (see chart in link https://www.statista.com/statistics/322658/monthly-average-daily-temperatures-in-the-united-kingdom-uk/)
.SF.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:53 pm

I have to say that it's getting fucking chilly when the sun goes down and the wind picks up.
The wind chill factor is a real bitch, I think I will have to go shopping for a thicker warmer coat.
Sitting in beer gardens can be a bit chilly when the wind picks up. :more beer:
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms