Men

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Men

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:44 pm

Holly wrote:I thought I start a thread about men's mental health ( just watching a program about it ) and why there are so many more men suffering from it today than say 20, 30 years ago and beyond, especially depression.
Is it perhaps we only know because men can talk about it more freely today, a subject that used to be taboo back then when "real" men weren't supposed to cry or show weakness, or is it because men grew up differently? Is there too much demand or pressure and emasculation by women going on?
It's a fact that more men than women commit suicide these days, so what changed if anything?

It'd be good to hear from you blokes out there, how do YOU feel about it?

Where’s Art when you need him as a case study?

Postby Mickyboy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:46 pm

I wouldn't normally talk about this but seeing as I hardly post here anymore I thought I'd share a tiny snippet about my last couple of years.....

Up until only a couple of months ago I suffered on and off with extreme anxiety, and some days I couldn't even get out of bed, but the deal breaker for me was finding my own place and finally having security, so even tho I'm nudging 60 I'm looking forward once again, and atm I'm volunteering full time, and although I hope to get back into engineering I think that boats finally sailed due to me age.

There is however one line of work that I'm going to get into if I can get the funds is becoming a professional chauffeur to a private family in London, live-in if possible, a d I still don't know why ur laughing drum, bcos it's one of the only trades where I stand a better chance due to my mature years, and I know I've got a long way to go but why not.

I've finally banished my anxiety at last tho but it's been a struggle........
Mickyboy

Postby Gabby » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:04 pm

Mickyboy wrote:I wouldn't normally talk about this but seeing as I hardly post here anymore I thought I'd share a tiny snippet about my last couple of years.....

Up until only a couple of months ago I suffered on and off with extreme anxiety, and some days I couldn't even get out of bed, but the deal breaker for me was finding my own place and finally having security, so even tho I'm nudging 60 I'm looking forward once again, and atm I'm volunteering full time, and although I hope to get back into engineering I think that boats finally sailed due to me age.

There is however one line of work that I'm going to get into if I can get the funds is becoming a professional chauffeur to a private family in London, live-in if possible, a d I still don't know why ur laughing drum, bcos it's one of the only trades where I stand a better chance due to my mature years, and I know I've got a long way to go but why not.

Good luck with that Micky.... I’d have you as my chauffeur :razz:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:06 pm

Gabby wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:I wouldn't normally talk about this but seeing as I hardly post here anymore I thought I'd share a tiny snippet about my last couple of years.....

I did it for a while, got to keep the car at the evenings and weekends :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:11 pm

Good to hear you’ve got over your problems, now just enjoy life.

Postby Gabby » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:12 pm

Stooo wrote:
Gabby wrote:

I did it for a while, got to keep the car at the evenings and weekends :mrgreen:

What was it?... worth having for the w/e? :leer:
Gabby

Postby Mickyboy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:19 pm

Stooo wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Honestly Stooo if I can get a job working for a company chairman etc I can be earning 50k and driving all kinds of luxury cars.

I've got a few obstacles to overcome first, bcos I'd have to do a motor maintenance course, first aid and possibly security and a version of the knowledge around London but then God invented satnav lol.

I'm giving myself until my 60th birthday next August so I might just make it, but the various courses could be a pain to get on what with covid etc but no harm in trying.....
Mickyboy

Postby Mickyboy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:20 pm

Gabby wrote:

Cheers Gabs and I'd personally guarantee ur safety........ :wink:
Mickyboy

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:32 pm

Gabby wrote:What was it?... worth having for the w/e? :leer:

White 735 BM, sometimes the 325 convertable :kinell: One time it was a fifteen tonne MAN flatbed truck with a hydraulic hammer in the back, Alex was in construction and destruction...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Mickyboy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:36 pm

Guest wrote:

Good to hear you’ve got over your problems, now just enjoy life.

I'll do my very best and thanks :thumbsup:
Mickyboy

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:36 pm

Mickyboy wrote:Honestly Stooo if I can get a job working for a company chairman etc I can be earning 50k and driving all kinds of luxury cars.

I've got a few obstacles to overcome first, bcos I'd have to do a motor maintenance course, first aid and possibly security and a version of the knowledge around London but then God invented satnav lol.

I'm giving myself until my 60th birthday next August so I might just make it, but the various courses could be a pain to get on what with covid etc but no harm in trying.....

It takes me around a fortnight to learn a postcode enough to put the satnav in the glovebox and rely on maps until I have the area memorised, it's not that difficult so you should be fine.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Mickyboy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:44 pm

Stooo wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:Honestly Stooo if I can get a job working for a company chairman etc I can be earning 50k and driving all kinds of luxury cars.

It takes me around a fortnight to learn a postcode enough to put the satnav in the glovebox and rely on maps until I have the area memorised, it's not that difficult so you should be fine.

Cheers Stooo I'll give it my best shot and let u know, and if I find myself living in London again, maybe u me and Raven could meet up for a beer or two.......... Is this Mickyboy talking....... It can't be lol.......
Mickyboy

Postby xtras1 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:22 pm

Well done anxiety is a troublesome condition to overcome, is get some part time casual work, even in a supermarket just for the social side of things. No point stressing about getting the perfect job life's too short... enjoy what you have ..
xtras1

Postby ArchieG » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:38 pm

Stooo wrote:
Gabby wrote:What was it?... worth having for the w/e? :leer:

White 735 BM, sometimes the 325 convertable :kinell: One time it was a fifteen tonne MAN flatbed truck with a hydraulic hammer in the back, Alex was in construction and destruction...

Did you bang anyone in that one?
ArchieG

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:25 pm

xtras1 wrote:

Well done anxiety is a troublesome condition to overcome, is get some part time casual work, even in a supermarket just for the social side of things. No point stressing about getting the perfect job life's too short... enjoy what you have ..

What do you mean - "even in a supermarket"? Are you looking down on supermarket workers?
Raggamuffin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms