Free School Meals For Disadvantaged Kids Voted Out

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Free School Meals For Disadvantaged Kids Voted Out

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:23 pm

common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:There are a few posts which imply that Chris should be more grateful for his benefits, or that he shouldn't be getting them. How things have changed around here. :pmsl:

No, not the case. Just pointing out that while he's getting comfortably fatter on his benefits, he then sits there judging others and speculates on what they spend their money on.

Look we have a finite income. My money and what my wife earns. We have a £900 a month mouse loan to pay off. We run a car as she needs it to get to work. We often get asked by daughter's friends "why don't you have Sky or Netflix. Do you only have Freeview?" We can't afford it that's why and don't need it. We rarely have takeaways, don't smoke or do drugs. I spend about £20 a week on my cider. You have to cut your cloth according to your means. We do have substantial savings, after inheritances from my mum and Rachel. She inherited a lot from my first cousin and hadn't spent much. We don't dip in to it if we can help it. She'll need another car soon, her fares to go home next year and I want new glasses and a nice new good hi-fi so it's for stuff like that.

I don't want you to justify what you spend it on, that's your business. But you made a sweeping statement about parents and what they're supposedly spending their money on, which was fags, booze, drugs, etc, when you have no idea if that's the actual case.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby common sense » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:27 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:There are a few posts which imply that Chris should be more grateful for his benefits, or that he shouldn't be getting them. How things have changed around here. :pmsl:

No, not the case. Just pointing out that while he's getting comfortably fatter on his benefits, he then sits there judging others and speculates on what they spend their money on.

Look we have a finite income. My money and what my wife earns. We have a £900 a month mouse loan to pay off. We run a car as she needs it to get to work. We often get asked by daughter's friends "why don't you have Sky or Netflix. Do you only have Freeview?" We can't afford it that's why and don't need it. We rarely have takeaways, don't smoke or do drugs. I spend about £20 a week on my cider. You have to cut your cloth according to your means. We do have substantial savings, after inheritances from my mum and Rachel. She inherited a lot from my first cousin and hadn't spent much. We don't dip in to it if we can help it. She'll need another car soon, her fares to go home next year and I want new glasses and a nice new good hi-fi so it's for stuff like that.

I don't want you to justify what you spend it on, that's your business. But you made a sweeping statement about parents and what they're supposedly spending their money on, which was fags, booze, drugs, etc, when you have no idea if that's the actual case.

I never said they ALL do. Some will do though. It's obvious that some will go down the pubwhilst their kids need new shoes, school skirts or better meals.
common sense

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:37 pm

common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I never said they ALL do. Some will do though. It's obvious that some will go down the pubwhilst their kids need new shoes, school skirts or better meals.

You said;

Stop relying on the state. Use your initiative. Study, get a better job and cut back on non-essentials like Sky TV, cigs, booze, takeaways, drugs.

Sweeping statement. You're tarring all low income parents with the same brush.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Middens » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:38 pm

Yeah well, we shouldn't punish kids for the sins of their parents. A school meal is something that is easy to give them.
Middens

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:14 pm

Kids don’t choose their parents or their financial status.
Free school meals should be mandatory for underprivileged kids from low income families.
If for nothing other than growth and health reasons.
Who wants rickets and other ailments affecting children that then grow up to be a burden on the NHS?
It’s a long term no brainer.

Postby common sense » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:16 pm

Middens wrote:Yeah well, we shouldn't punish kids for the sins of their parents. A school meal is something that is easy to give them.

Yes I fully agree but AT SCHOOL.
common sense

Postby xtras1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:18 pm

common sense wrote:
Middens wrote:Yeah well, we shouldn't punish kids for the sins of their parents. A school meal is something that is easy to give them.

Yes I fully agree but AT SCHOOL.

Oh do shut up.. how anyone can be against this is troubling!
xtras1

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:06 pm

xtras1 wrote:

I doubt anyone is implying that.. :woteva:

Oh really?

It's ok for you ya fat lump, sitting there on your disability benefits licking the KFC off your fingers. You certainly won't starve

Comng from a fat lazy soap dodging, job dodging shit like yourself you should shut up!

:pmsl:
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:09 pm

common sense wrote:

I AM very grateful for them.

Good! I think people should be grateful for benefits, but if one says that there are usually people ready to jump on you and bang on about "rights" and "entitlements". It's nice to see someone thankful for what they get rather than moan that it's not enough or that they actually have to justify why they need tax payers' money.
Raggamuffin

Postby xtras1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Oh really?

It's ok for you ya fat lump, sitting there on your disability benefits licking the KFC off your fingers. You certainly won't starve

Comng from a fat lazy soap dodging, job dodging shit like yourself you should shut up!

i don't think you understood the replies :gigglesnshit:
xtras1

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:35 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Oh really?

i don't think you understood the replies :gigglesnshit:

"Job dodging shit"? Are you saying that he's fraudulently claiming benefits and that he's not ill at all? :kinell:
Raggamuffin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Oh really?

Just pointing out what he's said himself actually, in no way did i imply he shouldn't receive them. People in glass houses and all that.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby xtras1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:40 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Oh really?

Just pointing out what he's said himself actually, in no way did i imply he shouldn't receive them. People in glass houses and all that.

i give up trying to explain, rags throws a hissy when she is wrong :doomed:
xtras1

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:41 pm

I just love the hypocrisy. :pmsl:
Raggamuffin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:42 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

Oh really?

i give up trying to explain, rags throws a hissy when she is wrong :doomed:

It might be age related :gigglesnshit:
Toke 'n' gesture

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms