Free School Meals For Disadvantaged Kids Voted Out

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Free School Meals For Disadvantaged Kids Voted Out

Postby xtras1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:20 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Do the parents go without though?

yes some do!

this really is just an extension of fsm being used for the half term breaks... i can't understand what people don't understand or why they are questioning it :dunno:

it is the children that count..... :again?:
xtras1

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:27 pm

xtras1 wrote:

yes some do!

this really is just an extension of fsm being used for the half term breaks... i can't understand what people don't understand or why they are questioning it :dunno:

Teach a man to fish...
Lady Murasaki

Postby xtras1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:29 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

yes some do!

Teach a man to fish...

don't judge until you've walked in their shoes... keep schtuuuuuum :snooty:
xtras1

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:33 pm

I thought that people with children had money virtually thrown at them in benefits. Does anyone know what they can actually get?
Raggamuffin

Postby xtras1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I thought that people with children had money virtually thrown at them in benefits. Does anyone know what they can actually get?

oh yes they do, they live in mansions, visit exotic countries twice a year and have netflix!!!!! :roll:

:razz:
xtras1

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:36 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

yes some do!

Teach a man to fish...

don't judge until you've walked in their shoes... keep schtuuuuuum :snooty:

I’m not judging. I just don’t completely agree with the emotive way this is being argued.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:41 pm

xtras1 wrote:banned for life well done that pub, gone right of you Rushi!!

https://news.sky.com/story/chancellor-r ... e-12112515

Chancellor Rishi Sunak told he's banned from local pub over free school meals vote

Chancellor Rishi Sunak has been banned from a pub in his constituency for voting against an extension of free school meals.

Alex Cook, who owns the The Mill pub and its restaurant Il Mulino in North Yorkshire's Stokesley, confirmed media reports that he will refuse entry to Mr Sunak and three other Tory MPs because they voted against a proposal to extend the scheme over the holidays amid the coronavirus pandemic.

He told Sky News it was a "personal protest" to permanently ban Mr Sunak, alongside Jacob Young, Simon Clarke and Matt Vickers, from visiting the pub - which falls in the chancellor's Richmond, Yorks, constituency.

Did they ever go there anyway? :laughing:

Mr Sunak also went to a restaurant with people who are not in household - tut tut. :grub:

https://outline.com/Vm8qF2
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:42 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I thought that people with children had money virtually thrown at them in benefits. Does anyone know what they can actually get?

oh yes they do, they live in mansions, visit exotic countries twice a year and have netflix!!!!! :roll:

Do you know what benefits they can claim?
Raggamuffin

Postby xtras1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

unfortunately no... people seem to think Universal Credit was a god send, but it has been a nightmare for some.. one lump sum to cover costs/bills.
of course one has to organise finances but one can only do so much on so little.

anyway as i said the vouchers are an extension of fsm during term breaks...
xtras1

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:54 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

unfortunately no... people seem to think Universal Credit was a god send, but it has been a nightmare for some.. one lump sum to cover costs/bills.
of course one has to organise finances but one can only do so much on so little.

anyway as i said the vouchers are an extension of fsm during term breaks...

Fair enough. I don't know either, but there seems to be child benefit, child tax credits, working tax credits, benefits for parents, help with rent, etc.
Raggamuffin

Postby Avon Barksdale » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:45 pm

xtras1 wrote:
i don't think i am explaining right :bawlin:

everyone knows it is the parents responsibility... but with the help of the vouchers it will at least boost there income to provide in the holidays.
you have to remember that week in school they would have a meal.... imagine having two children at home for a week, constantly looking for something to eat, have you ever gone without so your children could eat?

The assumption is that if the Government had extended the FSM scheme as Marcus Rashford wanted that it would have achieved the goal of getting the vouchers / support to families in need in time for half term.

That ignores the practical problems with the programme itself (sign up difficulties and access to IT equipment, stigma preventing sign up, technical difficulties in getting the actual vouchers, potential transport implications as not accepted everywhere etc.)

You could argue that the Government should have pulled their finger out well before now but given the situation as it stands, for half term provision at least, the political row is a distraction and takes the focus away from solving the actual problem.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:49 pm

xtras1 wrote:

:gigglesnshit:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:49 pm

You're still as bitter as you were in 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl:
Jobless Oddball

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:00 pm

Subsidised meals on top of very adequate salaries, when people are starving out there. Not to mention all the expenses they can claim for. The whole system fucking stinks.

The campaign to end subsidised food and alcohol in Parliament has been reignited after MPs voted down a motion to see the free school meal scheme extended over the school holidays.

According to the latest figures taxpayers stump up £57,000 a week to subsidise food and drink for politicians across both houses.

In the House of Commons the public had to find £1.7 million to fund MPs, their staff and guests in bars, canteens and restaurants.

The Terrace Cafeteria received a £646,000 subsidy, while the Peers’ Dining Room in the House of Lords was propped up by some £779,257
– leading to Liberal Democrat peer Lord Tyler to describe it as the “best day care centre for the elderly in London”.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/polit ... nub/23/10/
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby xtras1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:33 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:Subsidised meals on top of very adequate salaries, when people are starving out there. Not to mention all the expenses they can claim for. The whole system fucking stinks.

The campaign to end subsidised food and alcohol in Parliament has been reignited after MPs voted down a motion to see the free school meal scheme extended over the school holidays.

According to the latest figures taxpayers stump up £57,000 a week to subsidise food and drink for politicians across both houses.

In the House of Commons the public had to find £1.7 million to fund MPs, their staff and guests in bars, canteens and restaurants.

The Terrace Cafeteria received a £646,000 subsidy, while the Peers’ Dining Room in the House of Lords was propped up by some £779,257
– leading to Liberal Democrat peer Lord Tyler to describe it as the “best day care centre for the elderly in London”.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/polit ... nub/23/10/

:yikes:

what a mess... this has to stop!
xtras1

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms