DS Thread #125

Big Threads

DS Thread #125

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:52 pm

Paracosm wrote:
Guest wrote:https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/98733275#Comment_98733275

Shropshirehuy going on about the next death being the Queens, then fingers crossed in the next 15-20 years Charles and Camilla. Even if you don't like them what sort of sick fuck has their fingers crossed hoping for their deaths? :shake head:

What a vile bastard. :slap:

I don't think it was meant like that at all - I think it was meant in the sense of 'hopefully NOT for another 15-20 years'. It was very badly worded, though.

Re: DS Thread #124

Postby Dr. Rumack » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:22 pm

Paracosm wrote:I'm actually happy to see the demise of General Discussion, if it means an end to the vile, repulsive snarky posts cheering on, celebrating and gloating at the demise of shops on our High Streets and people taking pleasure at our frustration at not being able to do things we took for granted in the ways we did pre-pandemic.

Three threads from General Discussion I actually liked I can continue to post in since they've since been moved to 'The Games Room' and 'Pets' respectively.

Whenever I go into somewhere like Tesco and see the one way in/one way out system and the perspex screens at the tills, I wish I could beat up one of the DS members who found such measures in shops, public places etc something to gloat about and make snarky remarks about.

Finally, I'm sorry to read about the loss of Jason on DS, if there was anyone more decent and genuine than Jason, I'd eat my hat. In a private message, he talked me out of doing something reckless when I got the feeling I was born in the wrong country whenever countries like New Zealand got all the praise.

I never saw anyone taking pleasure in people's frustration about not being able to do things we took for granted in the ways we did pre-pandemic. However, I did see several people claiming that happened without being able to provide any examples. You liked to beat people up for agreeing with reasonable protective and social distancing measures in supermarkets? That says a lot about you.

Jason only had a temporary ban and is still posting on DS.
Dr. Rumack

Postby Paracosm » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:44 pm

Dr. Rumack wrote:
Paracosm wrote:I'm actually happy to see the demise of General Discussion, if it means an end to the vile, repulsive snarky posts cheering on, celebrating and gloating at the demise of shops on our High Streets and people taking pleasure at our frustration at not being able to do things we took for granted in the ways we did pre-pandemic.

Three threads from General Discussion I actually liked I can continue to post in since they've since been moved to 'The Games Room' and 'Pets' respectively.

Whenever I go into somewhere like Tesco and see the one way in/one way out system and the perspex screens at the tills, I wish I could beat up one of the DS members who found such measures in shops, public places etc something to gloat about and make snarky remarks about.

Finally, I'm sorry to read about the loss of Jason on DS, if there was anyone more decent and genuine than Jason, I'd eat my hat. In a private message, he talked me out of doing something reckless when I got the feeling I was born in the wrong country whenever countries like New Zealand got all the praise.

I never saw anyone taking pleasure in people's frustration about not being able to do things we took for granted in the ways we did pre-pandemic. However, I did see several people claiming that happened without being able to provide any examples. You liked to beat people up for agreeing with reasonable protective and social distancing measures in supermarkets? That says a lot about you.

Jason only had a temporary ban and is still posting on DS.

What I posted before was very poorly worded in hindsight, there are people on DS who are total arses about any of the measures in place ie gloating about them. I support those measures but feel sick to the stomach at the thought of anyone who gloats about it. There's supporting the measures (which I have no problem whatsoever) and there's being a complete arse about it.

Nice to see Jason is back, I thought these days when the mods ban someone, it's permanent? :eyebrow:
Paracosm

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:11 pm

Of course the death of Prince Philip couldn't by without Tanya getting involved. The thread that was set up in broadcasting was once again taken over by Tanya foaming all over it about her favourite TV shows/random stories about witnessing a practice Royal Funeral procession and helping a friend move abroad because they didn't like A Touch of Frost.

This comes in a thread that gave four warnings about keeping on subject within the first few pages but yet she can come in and literally shit all over it just to publish more episodes from her magic lamp of BS.

Postby MargMcK » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:10 pm

Guest wrote:Thought I'd have a shufty at DS to see what the usual snakes were saying about the death of Prince Philip and was pleasantly surprised to see GD and Politics had been nuked. I did have a giggle at the thought of how some of its regular posters would have reacted :laughing: I just feel sorry for wherever they're all slithering off to.

Thought exactly the same when I logged in to DS after 3 years or so today simply to record condolences in BB forum re Nikki Grahame. Then realised the poisonous pit of the 'obvious issues' crowd in politics had been filled in with virtual concrete. Now wickedly sorry I missed their final hissy fit meltdown and haranguing.
MargMcK

Postby dog » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:27 am

Guest wrote:https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/98733275#Comment_98733275

Shropshirehuy going on about the next death being the Queens, then fingers crossed in the next 15-20 years Charles and Camilla. Even if you don't like them what sort of sick fuck has their fingers crossed hoping for their deaths? :shake head:

There really are some nasty fuckers around. I refuse to go and have a look but my friend told me that there are some really disgusting tweets about Philip and the Queen (and other family members ) on there.
dog

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 am

Guest wrote:Of course the death of Prince Philip couldn't by without Tanya getting involved. The thread that was set up in broadcasting was once again taken over by Tanya foaming all over it about her favourite TV shows/random stories about witnessing a practice Royal Funeral procession and helping a friend move abroad because they didn't like A Touch of Frost.

This comes in a thread that gave four warnings about keeping on subject within the first few pages but yet she can come in and literally shit all over it just to publish more episodes from her magic lamp of BS.

That made me laugh :pmsl:

Postby .SF. » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:46 am

dog wrote:

There really are some nasty fuckers around. I refuse to go and have a look but my friend told me that there are some really disgusting tweets about Philip and the Queen (and other family members ) on there.

It must be hard wanting to know what's going on there but refusing to go and have a look. You're lucky to have a friend who keeps you up to date.
.SF.

Postby dog » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:33 pm

.SF. wrote:
dog wrote:

It must be hard wanting to know what's going on there but refusing to go and have a look. You're lucky to have a friend who keeps you up to date.

Not really, I have a twitter account so if I was finding it that hard I would just go and have a look.

It must be hard for you though trying to think of something relevant to add to a discussion but your one brain cell doesn't allow you to do so.
dog

Postby Text » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:26 pm

.SF. wrote:
dog wrote:

You owe me a new keyboard. :pointlaugh:
Text

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:21 pm

Sorry Guesticle, you buggered up the quotes.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby common sense » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:00 pm

Even as a non-member of DS I miss GD. Very bad decision to get rid of that. Just means more and more threads are turned off-topic elsewhere.
common sense

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:10 pm

It really is amazing what the mods will allow and what they'll ban, depending on whether what's being said will align with their own political biases.

Really hope the rest of the forum gets pulled down sooner rather than later. It's up there with the most hateful places on the internet.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:30 pm

Guest wrote:Of course the death of Prince Philip couldn't by without Tanya getting involved. The thread that was set up in broadcasting was once again taken over by Tanya foaming all over it about her favourite TV shows/random stories about witnessing a practice Royal Funeral procession and helping a friend move abroad because they didn't like A Touch of Frost.

I've decided once and for all that Tanya has to be a mod because literally nothing else explains the favouriism at this point...I've never seen anything like it in my 20+ years online.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:32 pm

dog wrote:

I can only begin to imagine what's being put on Twitter.

What I can't compute is why the owners of the platform allow the sheer amount of hatred, trolling and bullying that they do beyond the obvious answer that it's just too big to moderate in any way...still, it's shocking they don't care how it makes them look to let their site operate in the way it does. I honestly don't think there is or has ever been a nastier place on the internet apart from 4chan.

Next

Return to The Archive