Hello

Big Threads

Hello

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:42 pm

drum wrote:
Stooo wrote:
drum wrote:Exactly and now in these lockdown times they just expect us to sit about and wait all bloody day :roll:

:pmsl:

You lot were grateful for the company during lockdowns :bum:

Aye, at the right time . :gigglesnshit: doesn't matter i'm home all day, we had a time slot and it stresses me no end when that timeslot passes plus I wear the carpet out.

I did leave this guy positive feedback and i'm sooooo happy I got a pair of sambas on my feet again, like gloves and no pinched toes. :dafinger:

Shit happens. I used to be ahead of my time slots by the 30 min buffer on town routes, in the sticks I'm soon behind :shake head:
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:44 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
drum wrote:Parcel delivery 'Hermes' late again :roll: im stalking my windows watching for him because of the last carry on with them hiding my parcel behind nexts doors bins then hanging around out the front :woteva: . It's another pair of trainers im waiting for. I'm gonna explode at them. :grrrrr:

I've never had trouble with them, or dpd. I see so many people saying they didn't get their parcels from 'insert delivery name' and it happens to them all the time, that it shocks me. Every delivery gets to me on time, exactly when they say, plus the tracking is always up to date so i see where they are on their journey.

Do you get a tracking number?

We give out tracking numbers and we're only a small company.

Yeah it's bollocks, they're just on the ponce and don't care if the driver gets in trouble. We stopped sigs on devices around this time last year and one bloke told me that as he didn't sign for it he didn't receive it and called it in, they know me at work and I said that I knew he was going to do it so they took me at my word and relied on the GPS :mrgreen:

Same here, all signing stopped straight away. We rarely get complaints, thankfully, but it's always turned out ok in the end, and no driver at fault. Some people aren't happy unless they're making someone else's life crap, i.e; the drivers. Half of them are just after compo :shake head:

A mate of mine is on his final for doorstepping, he's been there 15 years on the same route and it's fucked him right up.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:21 pm

Stooo wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
drum wrote:Parcel delivery 'Hermes' late again :roll: im stalking my windows watching for him because of the last carry on with them hiding my parcel behind nexts doors bins then hanging around out the front :woteva: . It's another pair of trainers im waiting for. I'm gonna explode at them. :grrrrr:

I've never had trouble with them, or dpd. I see so many people saying they didn't get their parcels from 'insert delivery name' and it happens to them all the time, that it shocks me. Every delivery gets to me on time, exactly when they say, plus the tracking is always up to date so i see where they are on their journey.

Yeah it's bollocks, they're just on the ponce and don't care if the driver gets in trouble. We stopped sigs on devices around this time last year and one bloke told me that as he didn't sign for it he didn't receive it and called it in, they know me at work and I said that I knew he was going to do it so they took me at my word and relied on the GPS :mrgreen:

Same here, all signing stopped straight away. We rarely get complaints, thankfully, but it's always turned out ok in the end, and no driver at fault. Some people aren't happy unless they're making someone else's life crap, i.e; the drivers. Half of them are just after compo :shake head:

A mate of mine is on his final for doorstepping, he's been there 15 years on the same route and it's fucked him right up.

That's not right, poor fucker, life's shit sometimes - caused by others :/
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Junglejayne » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:21 pm

When I get a parcel they always take a pic or it on my doorstep - even when I answer. Good way of getting proof.
Junglejayne

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:31 pm

Stooo wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

What does that mean? :dunno:
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:46 pm

Junglejayne wrote:When I get a parcel they always take a pic or it on my doorstep - even when I answer. Good way of getting proof.

I'm not sure about the GDPR concerning that, we just use GPS pinpointing.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

A chap that I work with, who I indeed consider a friend has had problems because of leaving parcels when people aren't there allegedly. People tell lies.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:51 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

A chap that I work with, who I indeed consider a friend has had problems because of leaving parcels when people aren't there allegedly. People tell lies.

On a final written warning? He might as well start looking for another job.

Does he have a Union rep?
Avon Barksdale

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:55 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

We do but it's a potential breach of conduct rules. He's in his early 60's so it's a bit limited.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:56 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

DPD take photos...

my son had a pair of trainers ordered, DPD were the delivery they sent a photo to his email address saying delivered, but they were sent to some newsagents :pmsl:
he rang them up they said no we didn't receive them, he drove to the shop spoke to the man and showed him the photo where upon a man was standing next to the delivery guy, the man in the shop insisted they never arrived... he forgot to change his clothes! because low & behold the man standing in the photo wore the same clothes :pmsl:
how or why this happened i have no idea, Just they were very expensive trainers that he wanted for a trip. :smilin:
xtras1

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:57 pm

Stooo wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

We do but it's a potential breach of conduct rules. He's in his early 60's so it's a bit limited.

Fair enough.

When you're on a final written warning the whip hand is definitely with the employer.
Avon Barksdale

Postby xtras1 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:58 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

oh no! it must have been a few parcels? silly thing to do, you always need some sort of evidence.
xtras1

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:01 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

oh no! it must have been a few parcels? silly thing to do, you always need some sort of evidence.

It's a difficult one. The fact exists that people will fuck you up for gain and sometimes there is nothing that you can do about it.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:06 pm

Stooo wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's a difficult one. The fact exists that people will fuck you up for gain and sometimes there is nothing that you can do about it.

yes i know, amazon are the worse i feel people saying they never received there parcel, when they have. sad state of affairs.
xtras1

Postby drum » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:04 am

Good Morning :Hiya:

I managed to split a thread :mrgreen:
drum

Next

Return to The Archive