Car Auctions

A right load of bollocks...

Car Auctions

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:15 pm

Anglia Classic Car auction was on this weekend for anyone interested. As I used to go to car auctions regularly (five cars I owned were bought at auction), I enjoy watching online now.

Anglia often has a few 'modern' low-mileage amidst the classics and this weekend there was this little gem with staggering mileage! :yikes:

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic ... s-from-new

phpBB [video]
Grafenwalder

Re: Car Auctions

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:51 pm

I deliver to a BCA site daily and they have made quite a few positions redundant because it's all online now.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:20 pm

Stooo wrote:I deliver to a BCA site daily and they have made quite a few positions redundant because it's all online now.

Anglia do both....online and on site. That YT link is from yesterdays 'live' bidding and a fair amount of folk turn up.

Mathewsons classic auctions (Bangers & Cash prog) at Pickering used to have on site bidding but since the pandemic they've stuck with all online.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:22 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:I deliver to a BCA site daily and they have made quite a few positions redundant because it's all online now.

Anglia do both....online and on site. That YT link is from yesterdays 'live' bidding and a fair amount of folk turn up.

Mathewsons classic auctions (Bangers & Cash prog) at Pickering used to have on site bidding but since the pandemic they've stuck with all online.

Some of it has gone to WFH but some people have lost their jobs.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby ArchieG » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:17 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

The world has changed. We changed cars recently, not at an auction, but completely online. A truck came, took my car away and brought the new one. I don’t actually know if anyone lost their job over that way of doing business. I assume the delivery guy didn’t do his job before it went that way.
ArchieG

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:24 pm

ArchieG wrote:The world has changed. We changed cars recently, not at an auction, but completely online. A truck came, took my car away and brought the new one. I don’t actually know if anyone lost their job over that way of doing business. I assume the delivery guy didn’t do his job before it went that way.

Cinch? I often see them at BCA now and at WeBuyAnyCar when I was in Taunton, single vehicle trucks and full sized transporters.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:48 pm

ArchieG wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

The world has changed. We changed cars recently, not at an auction, but completely online. A truck came, took my car away and brought the new one. I don’t actually know if anyone lost their job over that way of doing business. I assume the delivery guy didn’t do his job before it went that way.

You can even scrap online now! I had an MOT failure, not worth repairing, phoned around a few yards locally about running it in, but got a way better price from a dealer online in North Wales of all places! All he wanted to know was if it could be driven so a low loader picked it up, drove it on, gave me a paper as proof of scrap (DVLA). The funds were in my account minutes later!
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:53 pm

Stooo wrote:
ArchieG wrote:The world has changed. We changed cars recently, not at an auction, but completely online. A truck came, took my car away and brought the new one. I don’t actually know if anyone lost their job over that way of doing business. I assume the delivery guy didn’t do his job before it went that way.

Cinch? I often see them at BCA now and at WeBuyAnyCar when I was in Taunton, single vehicle trucks and full sized transporters.

Bought a mint condition Rover 216 from a BCA auction some years ago. Cracking motor with bulletproof Honda engine.
Grafenwalder

Postby ArchieG » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:34 am

Stooo wrote:

Good God no. Direct to a dealer. In spite of my previous scepticism we’ve gone electric.
ArchieG

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:37 pm

ArchieG wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Good God no. Direct to a dealer. In spite of my previous scepticism we’ve gone electric.

What did you get? Please link to the specs so that I don't have to google it :thumbsup: :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby ArchieG » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:31 pm

Stooo wrote:
ArchieG wrote:
Stooo wrote:

What did you get? Please link to the specs so that I don't have to google it :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/jag ... -auto/spec
ArchieG

Postby ArchieG » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:15 am

Obviously tooling around on the Island isn't an issue, but we had our 1st long run last weekend. The charging infrastructure is largely there, but it’s utter chaos. I have 10 apps now, and bits of money spread over them. Some chargers are, as you'd hope, just contactless. Turn up, tap, plug in. Many are out of order. Half so far have charged us the wrong amount, though that’s not yet a large sample. Note I haven’t said ‘overcharge’…. We paid £9 for 57Kwh in Banbury on the way home. Then another quick top up and we still have the £30 charge they authorise on initiation on our account. Got refunded for another charge that we actually had, we are totally confused. Overall we might have paid out roughly the right amount, but to the wrong companies. Nuts. The car is fantastic, a charge every 200 miles is fine, a 30-40 minute stop. Theres a few places where high speed charging is almost absent. It takes 30 hours to charge at 3kw.
ArchieG

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:31 am

ArchieG wrote:Obviously tooling around on the Island isn't an issue, but we had our 1st long run last weekend. The charging infrastructure is largely there, but it’s utter chaos. I have 10 apps now, and bits of money spread over them. Some chargers are, as you'd hope, just contactless. Turn up, tap, plug in. Many are out of order. Half so far have charged us the wrong amount, though that’s not yet a large sample. Note I haven’t said ‘overcharge’…. We paid £9 for 57Kwh in Banbury on the way home. Then another quick top up and we still have the £30 charge they authorise on initiation on our account. Got refunded for another charge that we actually had, we are totally confused. Overall we might have paid out roughly the right amount, but to the wrong companies. Nuts. The car is fantastic, a charge every 200 miles is fine, a 30-40 minute stop. Theres a few places where high speed charging is almost absent. It takes 30 hours to charge at 3kw.

I've had my hybrid over 12 months now

love it, and love that even as the weather gets colder a £60 tank fill gets me about 520 miles, nearer 600 through the summer

I pay more road tax than I did for the old car, but daughter gets the benefit of the £30 tax so it isn't all bad
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby ArchieG » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:39 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
ArchieG wrote:Obviously tooling around on the Island isn't an issue, but we had our 1st long run last weekend. The charging infrastructure is largely there, but it’s utter chaos. I have 10 apps now, and bits of money spread over them. Some chargers are, as you'd hope, just contactless. Turn up, tap, plug in. Many are out of order. Half so far have charged us the wrong amount, though that’s not yet a large sample. Note I haven’t said ‘overcharge’…. We paid £9 for 57Kwh in Banbury on the way home. Then another quick top up and we still have the £30 charge they authorise on initiation on our account. Got refunded for another charge that we actually had, we are totally confused. Overall we might have paid out roughly the right amount, but to the wrong companies. Nuts. The car is fantastic, a charge every 200 miles is fine, a 30-40 minute stop. Theres a few places where high speed charging is almost absent. It takes 30 hours to charge at 3kw.

I've had my hybrid over 12 months now

love it, and love that even as the weather gets colder a £60 tank fill gets me about 520 miles, nearer 600 through the summer

I pay more road tax than I did for the old car, but daughter gets the benefit of the £30 tax so it isn't all bad

Yours isn’t a plug in, I assume, sorry I cannot remember what it is. Having no internal combustion focusses the mind on charging, excuse my new obsession! We are in London next weekend. Docklands, it’s a charge desert. We’ll have to do it at Robin Hill A3 on the way in, and not use it during our stay. Obviously this is why Khan allows EVs in the congestion zone for nowt. Nobody dares as theres no charging. It really is fine almost everywhere else, as long as you have reasonable range.
ArchieG

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:48 am

It's a Honda Jazz (or jizz as we call it)

and yeah it is self charging, I wasn't quite ready for the stress of charging thing, I tend to stress a bit anyway, so I'd constantly be on edge
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms