Electric cars?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Electric cars?

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:49 pm

Snookerballs wrote:Just a thought, as more and more electric cars are forced on us , where will the Government recupe lost revenue from Petrol Tax ??
Will all people with or without an Electric Car have to pay a Tax on electricity consumed . ?

I meant snooks, not Graf :wubbers:

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:24 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Would you buy a second hand electric car?
The battery is degraded and a new one will on average cost around fifty grand plus labour!
More than the car is worth?
I've always always said electric cars are not the future unless something monumental changes.
Secondhand your electric car is more or less worthless making it as disposable as a your phone!

They have a battery exchange for scooters in Singapore, a similar method will replace the need for hard-wiring the car when you can just take a 10kg battery out of the boot and recharge it like your phone at home. Battery tech needs to advance in leaps and bounds in the meantime but it took us less than 100 years between the Wright brothers and walking on the moon, needs must!
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:26 pm

Snookerballs wrote:Just a thought, as more and more electric cars are forced on us , where will the Government recupe lost revenue from Petrol Tax ??
Will all people with or without an Electric Car have to pay a Tax on electricity consumed . ?

It depends on the government in charge. The present lot? Not so much.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:32 am

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Gary Numan wrote:When you plug an electric car in, how far can you go before the lead runs out?

Ask a milkman.

What's one of them the cry goes up.
Let alone the mysterious reference to what he drove.
Ernie the fastest milkman in the west... seems so recent but it's from the dark ages!

I got offered a job at Express Dairies as a milkie in my youth but my boss put my wages up instead (bakery driver to local shops). There's still milkies but they're few and far between and they drive Transits now which takes the fun out of the job, I used to love the sound of them pulling away.

You used to love the sound “of milkmen pulling away.” :gigglesnshit:
That conjures up weird images :pmsl:

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:54 am

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Gary Numan wrote:When you plug an electric car in, how far can you go before the lead runs out?

Ask a milkman.

Ernie the fastest milkman in the west... seems so recent but it's from the dark ages!

I got offered a job at Express Dairies as a milkie in my youth but my boss put my wages up instead (bakery driver to local shops). There's still milkies but they're few and far between and they drive Transits now which takes the fun out of the job, I used to love the sound of them pulling away.

'One pint or two missus?'

Postby Stooo » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Ask a milkman.

You obviously have double cream on your mind, you filthy animal...
Stooo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms